As a couple in their 30's from NYC we have a certain level of comfort in mind when we travel. Melia lived up to that for the most part. Everything you're reading about the resort is true. It's expansive which means a lot of walking or waiting for the shuttle, the restaurants get booked up, but the Marketplace is pretty solid... for a buffet. After checking into a regular room we upgraded to the Royal Service and are glad we did. The regular resort is fine, but we enjoyed the more relaxed VIP pool and the lobster at Gabi.
Our only complaint (and this may have to do with our room specifically or the time of year) is that we had a ton of mosquitos in our room at night. And I'm not exaggerating. They came to fumigate every night after we called, but that only minimized the issue, not resolved it. Also, the room smelled musty, a scent we brought home with us in the suitcases.
If you're looking for an easy vacation I recommend the Melia, especially if you can get it at a reasonable price.
Word of warning, they will try to get you to go on a 'welcome tour' which is actually a time share pitch, don't be fooled by any other description they give you. As New Yorkers we're kind of impervious to such things (when we say no, we mean it and they get the picture real quick), but we heard stories of friendly Canadians (and Pennsylvanians) being harassed for days on end by the sales people (including 8am wake up calls and being followed from the gym to breakfast) until they relented and gave up 2 hours + of their vacation touring a resort they were already on.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Melia Caribe Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Melia Caribe Tropical
- Sol Melia Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Punta Cana
- Melia Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Tropical Punta Cana
- Melia Tropical Punta Cana
- Melia Hotel Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Tropical Resort
- Punta Cana Melia Caribe Resort