My fiancé and I got back from our site visit in Punta Cana, DR. We are planning a wedding there, so we went to look at a few different resorts that we are considering for us and our guests. And while everything is still fresh in my memory, I wanted to share my thoughts with you…
PROs – very large, expansive resort (this can also be a negative if you are afraid of “losing” your guests or if you are looking for a more intimate feel). The grounds are plush and very green. Landscaping is immaculate. The rooms are very large and nice, even the standard ones. Lots of bars, restaurants, and there are definitely enough things to do on the premises. The proximity to the Jellyfish Restaurant (where we’ll have our wedding) is definitely a plus, especially if you want to run over to see Mayte or finalize any details on short notice.
CONs – the beach was dirty. And I don’t mean just sea weed – there was trash in the water, like paper and plastic cups. The resort staff said that they clean the beach twice a day, but it really didn’t seem like it. The pool area has a lot of palm trees, so it’s hard to see from one end of the pool to another. If you want to hang out with a large group of people by the pool, it may be hard.
The food was OK – not good, not bad. From what we hear, it’s pretty standard for all-inclusives. So, I’m not really sure how to categorize that one.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Melia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Melia Caribe Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Melia Caribe Tropical
- Sol Melia Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Punta Cana
- Melia Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Tropical Punta Cana
- Melia Tropical Punta Cana
- Melia Hotel Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Tropical Resort
- Punta Cana Melia Caribe Resort