“10th years Anniversary” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel

You added Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Arena Gorda | Playa Bavaro, Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Bavaro
Bagram, Afghanistan
“10th years Anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and I chose this resort based solely on tripadvisor reviews. We had our expectation sets very high. We stayed there from November 20th to November 25th in room 7342. The exit from the airport was very quick as it was not our first time to the Dominican Republic. We avoided the handlers, the nonsense and went straight to our transportation. The trip was quite short with just one drop at another resort. Upon arrival, our companions in the Car were impressed by the view of the Iberostar Grand and were jealous of the treatment we received. Our luggage were taken by a very nice gentleman named Humberto. He showed us the way to the reception where we were welcomed by Juan. We received a welcome toast of Champagne. Juan handed us the key to our room and we asked him about the view. He said that our room is overlooking the other resort on the fourth floor. We asked if we could upgrade or have another view, he said: "it was not possible at the moment but we could check the next day. We went to our room with our nice bell boy who opened the door for us. The room was nice, small, clean and fully stocked. Our butler Alexander arrived few minutes later to the room to introduce himself and told us about the amenities the hotel offers. My four restaurants reservations were ready and given to me by my butler. The French restaurant was my favorite. The resort is very clean, beautiful, and the service is even greater. The night entertainment was great; we liked the Girls rule night show, the chill out night inside the boat. The beach is beautiful and the swimming pools also. The employees are the ones that are giving this place is number one place in Tripadvisor. You can have the best building, the best beach, great pool, but if you have unmotivated employees; your business is over. The entertainment team (Boom-Boom, Tomy) was great. However, the girls in that entertainment team should be more professional in their attitude. When it is karaoke, let's the guest sing, don't interrupt them. We know it is an adult resort, still proper attitude is expected (don't shake your behind for any reason). They need to be more professional. We would like to thank the employees especially, Kathlene (guest concierge), Rosy at the pool bar, Altagracia (the most caring), Humberto, Reyes (On the first day, we came late for the lunch because of check in, he found some food for us when others were closing everything) Victor the Butler and Alexander. We went to DC4 the night club on one of the sister resort and it was awesome). Few things can be improved, but we will go back.

Room Tip: Email the resort prior to your arrival to book the four restaurants. The top floor overlooking the r...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear guest,
In the name of the hotel Manager, Mr. Stefano Baratelli, we thank you for posting a review about your experience with us and for choosing our hotel premises for your wedding anniversary.
We are glad to read that the friendliness of our staff members, the variety of our gastronomy and entertainment options and the beauty of our premises confirmed your expectations based on the reviews posted by other “Stars” and ensured you an unforgettable experience during such as especial occasion. We have congratulated Ayendi, Tommy, Alex, Victor, Katherine, Altagracia and Rossy whose service made a difference and have communicated our Star Friend Manager your feedback about their behavior.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again. Please feel free to contact us before your arrival.
With kindest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,150)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I really enjoyed our time here. My husband and I went for about a week in June 2013 and everything was top notch. They serve good drinks, all types of beer (even Corona) and have a great buffet of all varieties of food… including lobster and crabs. The restaurants were good but I especially enjoyed the Japanese hibachi. I've been to many hibachi restaurants in the US and I actually think it tasted better at the resort! Their service was wonderful everywhere we went. Everything turned out great and I would recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro for your holidays and for taking time to post a review about your experience among us on June.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Stefano Baratelli, we would like to express you how happy we are to read your motivating publication highlighting the excellent service provided by our staff and our varied gastronomy. The key to the success in Iberostar has been our international cuisine and our friendly staff.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again; please do not hesitate to contact us before to ensure a memorable stay.
Monmouth, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is third year in a row for my husband and myself. This year we took our whole family to celebrate my parents 55th Wedding anniversary.....what a great time.

I am continually amazed at the great service and resort. I had the same butler as last year per my request, Henry, he is the best ever. I would recommend requesting him if you go there. Melissa is truly concerned about the guests experience and will do anything within her power to help you and make your trip enjoyable. Jevano at the front desk remembered us and got us checked right in.

We spent our days by the pool and nights at the piano bar and shows. Rosie is such an asset to the waitstaff by the pool...always pleasant and remembers everything. I have to admit, we hadn't really got involved until this year but the star friends are the best...fun to talk to and be around...shout out to Maria for dancing with Big Pape (aka my dad). We had never attended the shows until this year and loved every one of them...Boogie night is a MUST!!

Once again, went to the spa and much to my delight Sully was still there...great massage at a reasonable price. FYI - we did hire the photographer at the hotel and very nice pictures at a great price.

I can't say enough about how much we enjoy the place. Every year we say we will try another place but when you have the best who needs the rest. We have seen some of the same people every year so that speaks for itself.

We both though the food was better this year than last year. The filets are a must try at the Surf and Turf.

Would recommend this resort for anybody that wants a quiet, relaxing vacation!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Stefano Baratelli, we thank you for your loyalty when choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro for your holidays and for posting a review on Tripadvisor about your third stay among us.
We are very satisfied and we feel much honored to read that our friendly staff, our exquisite gastronomy and our nightly entertainment not only met your expectations based on your two previous visits to our hotel, but also ensured another memorable experience and did not let you down with your parents during such as especial occasion. In Iberostar we are committed to make unforgettable our valuable costumer’s holidays as you well know.
We are waiting for your next visit; please do not forget contact us prior your return.
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I just got back from this hotel yesterday and we are already planning another trip. There are so many good things to say so I will just give the quick list

Positives:

Super close to the Punta Cana airport
Pristine beach with clear, silky, turqoise water and fine white sand
Delicious food in general
It's such a huge resort that even when it is at 95% capacity like it was over Thanksgiving it never felt full or crowded
Fun activities like beach volleyball
Adults only
Beautiful rooms - ours had a jacuzzi tub next to a wrap-around window
The alcohol that is included is really good stuff. We had some great rose champagne, some really delicious port (which went really well with the giant selection of cheeses at the buffet) and some great cocktails
The food at the Japanese and French restaurants was superb
The hotel provides sunblock so you don't have to bring it with you
Your butler will draw a beautiful bubble bath for you with rose petals, champagne and towels sculpted in to swans
Buffet tries to cater to all tastes - they even had black pudding one morning at breakfast for the Brits
They make fresh donuts at the breakfast buffet

Negatives:

Hard to get a good steak
Butler hangs around a lot - wish they would just come when you ask for them or when you need something
The chefs who cook at your table at the Japanese restaurant tries to be funny by calling the soy sauce 'coca cola', the eggs 'baby chickens', the chicken meant 'father of baby chicken' and the oil 'pina colada'. I really wish they wouldn't do that. It wasn't funny and it was very repetitive. I heard all of the other chefs doing it too. People don't need the chef to entertain them, just to make delicious food and maybe explain what it is
We booked an Ocean View Suite and while it was a very lovely room it did not face the ocean at all. If you stood on the balcony and turned right you could see part of the ocean and it was far away, so I'm not sure it was worth the extra money

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear guest,
First at all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro for your holidays and also for taking the time to post a review about your experience among us.
On behalf of Mr. Stefano Baratelli, hotel Manager, we would like to express you how glad we are to acknowledge your positive lines about our cuisine, beautiful premises and the excellent service provided by our friendly staff. In Iberostar Hotels and Resorts we are committed to ensure to our guests a memorable holiday. Likewise, we welcome your feedback regarding the service at our Japanese restaurant. We have shared it with our Executive Chef. We extend our apologies for the breakdown in the service provided by your butler. We reassure you that this is not a true depiction of our standards of operation at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro.
We kindly ask you to write us before your next visit; it will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back.
With best regards,
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is my 7th time back to DR and many many other resorts.
Yes, I am a bit of a foodie - 5 star restaurants in US have spoiled me... but..

Overall a great hotel with these pluses:
relaxing, enough beach and pool chairs, nice rooms and bathrooms
Beautiful grounds and fun look at night, see photos

minuses:
Reservations to restaurants, most likely one the biggest reasons I will probably still head to Excellence next time. I want to do whatever I want, whenever I want on my vacation and waiting around for a restaurant is not OK with me. Also arrived and tried to book the reservations and was told were already booked

Food- is OK and you won't go hungry, however lunch was a pretty poor presentation when I arrived at the buffet. Very small selection compared to Excellence and even Secrets brands. Food was looking a bit... tired, and the ice cream was completely melted and liquid when I tried to get a scoop. Needless to say... I left that. Not sure what the deal is there. Dinner was fine.

I am still currently here so we will see how the week finishes off.

Room Tip: Ask for Top Floor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Stefano Baratelli, we thank you for writing about your experience at our premises and for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro for your holidays.
We are very pleased to read that your stay at our hotel was relaxing and great as the title of your publication states due to the friendliness of our staff. In Iberostar we aim our beloved guests to enjoy “being a Star” during your holidays. Likewise, we have forwarded your feedback about our snack bar during lunch to our executive Chef.
On the other hand, we extend our apologies for any misconception about our services especially those related to a la carte restaurants reservation policy. Our commercial team is very careful to clearly post what we have to offer when advertising.
We will be happy to welcome you back; please feel free to contact us before your arrival.
Maspeth, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Keywords when you are looking for a vacation resort. Cleanliness, outstanding food, excellent service and great amenities/nightlife. That is the pure definition of this resort. This is a hotel that i will visit time and time again. I want to personally thank the GM Stefano, Freddie at front desk, Maureen at concierge, and Rosie as our pool bartender. They made the experience on our trip very comfortable by always being available for any minor issues and requests. The little things like having Rosie remember our drinks the next day after our original order, or having Maureen jump to any request needed to please our experience make this resort 5 stars. Freddie was excellent for accommodating any small issues we encountered which are not worth mentioning because of how fast they were resolved. Stefano made his presence welcoming us to the resort and introducing himself as the general manager which i have not experienced at any other resort. The food was excellent but the must haves are the japanese restaurant and the beach club. The pools are all excellent because of the lack of crowd and children. The beach is extremely clean and the pool and beach activities are well timed and managed. The nightlife is full of different options such as nightly shows which involve talented performers. The boat is a great location to go to after the show because of the nightly competitions and laughs. Overall, this resort was an excellent resort and i will most definitely be returning to this resort.

Danny and Michelle

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear guests,
On behalf of the hotel Manager, Mr. Stefano Baratelli, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro for your holidays and for having taken time to post a review.
It is a pleasure for the whole team to read that our varied gastronomy and the excellent service provided by our staff as well as our beautiful premises ensured you a pleasant stay and it is the reason why you will come back once again as you stated in your publication. Your motivating words encourage us to keep on working hard to turn your holidays in a memorable experience as we aim in Iberostar Hotels and Resorts.
We are looking forward to see you again and remain at your entire disposition for any request you may have before your next visit.
With regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful week at Grand Bavaro. The reviews here are right on. The other resorts (even the other Iberostars here) pale in comparison, you can see that as you walk the beach. I admit to being somewhat of a hotel snob, so I can't give it 5 starts based on the below, but I certainly would advise anyone that asks to go!
Things not so great:
Bath towels really thin and scratchy; more like what I guess you'd get at a Days Inn.
Bed pillows thin and "cheap."
Butler service in name only, they don't do much but ask what they can do for you. Only once did we request their service and they didn't come through...made same request again (for an ice bucket for our champagne). Apparently this feat was too difficult, it never showed up.
Room in need of repair...broken frame around bathroom mirror, walls dirty from handprints, cushions on our outdoor furniture dirty and stained. Floor on patio popping up in places and no paint in places. Patio furniture needs upgrading. The furniture at the beach needs some help as well..our table had a hole in the middle of it.

What's Good:
Really pleasant servers who mostly act with a smile. Honorable mention to Daisy who treated us like she'd known us for years.
The pool and the cabanas FABULOUS but you must get out and reserve by 8, even though you're not supposed to. You won't get one if you don't because everyone else does, even if it sits unused til mid-afternoon.
The food for all-inclusive is really quite good. Omelettes for breakfast REALLY good and one of the chefs made us a "special" filet mignon one night that was better than any food we'd had in the restaurants.
Enjoyed each of the restaurants- sent an email before arrival and the reservations were awaiting us.
Really nice pool room ( as in 8-ball!)
Good and plentiful drinks!
Beautiful view of the beach while you dine during the day!
No stomach issues - something I was really afraid of.
Shows at night enjoyable...do not expect Broadway ( or even off-off Broadway) but you'll have fun!
Do two things off-premise: the x-treme dune buggy excursion and the Santa Maria catamaran. Both GREAT!
We obviously were there in November and the only rain we saw in 7 days was at night.
One last tip, bring pants with an expandable waist!!

Room Tip: the sea view is worth it -
Dear guest,
We want thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro for your holidays and for posting a review about your experience on Tripadvisor.
For the whole team it is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful experience among us in spite of the breakdown of the Butler service and the inconveniences related to the towels and pillows for which we extend our apologies. In Iberostar Hotels and Resorts we are committed to ensure memorable stays to our beloved guests.
We have taken good notes from your feedback and have shared them with our departmental heads so we can work together to improve the experience of our beloved guests.
We are waiting for your next visit. Please feel free to contact us prior your arrival.
With regards,

Been to Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel? Share your experiences!