“THE BEST” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

You added Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Arena Gorda | Playa Bavaro, Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Bavaro
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
“THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I returned recently from our 3rd visit to the GRAND. There is nothing negative I can say about this property, the staff are amazing, the rooms are beautiful, the food is superb, the grounds are immaculate and beach is the best in the Caribbean! We return again and again as this is the nicest resort in Punta Cana, so why go anywhere else! Thank you to everyone who made our stay so enjoyable again, we will be returning!.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear guest,
We thank you for your loyalty towards Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro as your holiday’s destination and also for taking the time to post a review about your third experience among us.
In the name of the Hotel Management, we would like to express how glad we are to read that you had enjoyed for a third time your visit to our hotel premises and facilities due the excellent service of our friendly staff and our outstanding gastronomy. In Iberostar both aspects are part of our strengths and the key of our success as hotel chain.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again, please contact us before arrival to help you to enjoy your next vacations with us,
Kindest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,331)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bogota, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I just landed after spending 7 days at the Grand Bavaro. If you are looking for peace, quite, rest, and relaxation, you need to look no further. My wifa and I are frequent travellers, although not yet retired. This was our 4th all inclusive trip this year (Bahamas, Jamaica, Costa Rica), so we have pretty much been there done that. The Grand Bavaro met or exceeded every expectation that I had. We felt that the variety of the food available in the buffet were so good that we had our "butler" cancel our specialty restaurant reservation on day 2. I cannot comment on the evening entertainment, because we never attended. The grounds were immaculately kept. The beack and pool area the same. The room was excellent. The digitial television service seemed to be spotty on the ground floor. For all the channels, i could only get a few channels. Free WiFi was good, however, perfection would have been achieved if the signal made it to the pool or beach area, as in other resorts. Staff was attentive and friendly. I speak the language and like talking to the staff. They genuinely enjoyed working there, which said something to me and my wife. Several staff members that I only encountered briefly remembered my name, 2-3 days later. That felt nice. We will definitley be staying here again.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro and thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacations.
It is a pleasure for us to read your motivating comment about the hard work and friendliness of our staff members, especially from our Cooks and Chefs who ensured you a pleasant gastronomical experience. In Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro we are committed to provide the best service and to please all requests and needs from our beloved guests so they can “enjoy being a Star”.
Frankfort, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at Iberostar Grand Bavaro for our honeymoon 10/30-11/4/12 and can't say enough good things about it. The food was excellent. After reading some of the reviews on here, and after experiencing one other all-inclusive in the past, I was prepared to be somewhat disappointed in the buffets, but I was really impressed. There was a huge variety of food. I am a bit picky and had no trouble at all finding too much to eat. The buffets change themes daily, so there's always something a little different there.

We stayed in one of the Junior Suites, and loved it. It was consistently super-clean and the mini-bar stayed stocked. I think there were two instances where we actually needed something that wasn't already anticipated, and it appeared within 15 minutes. Kelvin was our butler and he took really good care of us. We did go on and make dinner reservations for the a la carte restaurants on our first night there (or rather, asked Kelvin to do so) and I think that was a good call. We just told him what time we usually eat and he took care of the rest.

Lely at the swim-up bar was awesome! He kept the beverages and the conversation coming. Lolly, at the front desk, was extremely helpful, and Maria with the entertainment crew checked in on us at least once a day to make sure we knew which activities were available--again, I was expecting somewhat pushy activities staff, but they were all really great about inviting us to join in without pressuring us.

There are very few rules at this resort, but they are enforced. One day, a lady brought her small children over to the pool and was quickly--but quietly and kindly--reminded of the no children policy and asked to leave. Men must wear long pants in the a la carte restaurants--we saw them ask a man to go back to his room and change before they would seat him.

Overall, I can't say enough good about this resort. If you're looking for a nice, quiet couples vacation, I would unreservedly recommend Iberostar Grand. We truly enjoyed our stay and now our only problem is figuring out how soon can we go back!!

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro as your honeymoon destination and for taking the time to post a review about your stay among us.
On the behalf of Hotel Management and the whole team, we would like to congratulate you for this especial step in your lives and we wish you a successful marriage. We are very pleased to acknowledge that you enjoyed “the best honeymoon ever” according to the title of the review. Our main goal in Iberostar Hotels and Resorts is turning your vacations into a memorable holiday, so you can “enjoy being a Star”. We will congratulate Kelvin, Lely, Laly and Maria for helping us to make your honeymoon extra especial..
We are looking forward to welcome you back and celebrate your first wedding anniversary. Please feel free to contact us before your next vacations among us.
With regards,
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights in October for our Honeymoon and LOVED it. From the moment you arrive, greeted with pina coladas or champagne and personally shown to your room by your butler, you are pampered. The resort is gorgeous, the room was impeccable and the food was delicious, but what really makes this resort spectacular is the employees. Every single one of them greeted us with a smile. They must work very long hours, as they are there from breakfast until after the shows at night, but are all so friendly and ready to cater to their guests. Special shout out to Happy Feet, Nicole and our butler Justo. We can't wait to come back for another week in paradise!!

Dear guest,
First of all we thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bávaro as your honeymoon destination and for taking time to post a review about your vacations among us. We congratulate you for your wedding and wish you the best.
We would like to express you our satisfaction to read that you highlighted out the variety of the dishes we serve in our four specialty restaurants, our nightly themed buffet and 24 hours Room service as well as the excellent service provided by our staff, especially by Nicole, Justo and Romel. In Iberostar we take cuisine seriously and our gastronomy is well valuated in our guests’ reviews.
We would feel honored welcoming you back and celebrate your first wedding anniversary, please write us an email before your next visit.
Kind regards,
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I will try to keep this one as short and helpful as possible-

Pros-Beautiful, Clean, Amazing Architecture, Nice welcome with cold towel and drink, Excellent Front Desk Staff, Melissa Mazaira-the most caring,compassionate,competent Mgr I have ever met in all My years of travelling who helped with issues I had here-Iberostar is lucky to have Her on Their Team, Abdul who was really nice and handled the luggage checking in and out, Smerlin-the amazing Hostess, Great food at The Japanese and Italian Restaurants, Terrific Maid service, Great Pool and Spa, Victor-one of The Butlers, Great Beds , Pillows and Linens, Nice Beach, Music at night at The Lobby Bar was great, Nice Room and Bathroom, Balcony had a ceiling fan and couch, AC in the room worked great, Good TV reception, Nice Lobby Bar, Most of The Staff were great.

Cons-Food at Buffets and from Room Service was not good or appetizing and Went to Hard Rock Resort on a Day Pass to break it up and the food was great there, One of The Butlers Gomez was not nice or welcoming, MJ Show was Cheesey, there was a foul mildewy odor in A/C areas other than in the room and Specialty Restaurants, I had clothes laundered and got Them back the next Day when I asked for same Day express, it would have been easier to contact Departments directly and not to have to go through The Butlers which created a "Middleman", Hallway carpet needs some deep cleaning, there is some wear and tear in the rooms, Soundproofing should be better. I got sick from the food at the buffet.

I have to say that this Hotel could be One of the best with a few changes-mostly the food. Also a Coffee/Sandwich/Pastry/Ice Cream Cafe in the Lobby would be a nice addition. If You stay here I would seriously recommend an Ocean View Room and I would suggest booking on a website that allows a no penalty cancellation should Your plans change. Most of The Guests here were American and all of The Staff spoke English.

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
First at all, I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro as the destination for your vacations, also for taking the time to post a review about your experience among us.
In the name of Hotel Management team, We would like to express how pleased we areto read that although our gastronomy in the buffet and 24 hours room service could not pleased your palate expectations, you experienced a pleasant holidays due to the friendliness and excellent service provided by our friendly staff. In Iberostar we want our guests to “enjoy being a Star”. We will congratulate Smerling, Abdul, Victor and Mrs. Burton for contributing to achieve our goal with you.
In Iberostar our Management team is open and welcomes suggestions and comments about how we can improve the way we deliver our service and performance our standards. We have sent your lines to all corresponding departments to take notes and improve in the mentioned areas.
We will be honored to welcome you back again and shows you our improvements. Please contact us for further assistances.
Yours sincerely,
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I searched many Resorts online & read many, many reviews and we finally decided on The Grand Bavaro for our honeymoon. I wish there was a way for me to verbalize how incredibly beautiful and romantic this resort is. The grounds are impeccable and constantly there are groundsmen taking care of the smallest detail. The resort is luxurious and the decor is amazing, even the restrooms in the lobby are exquisite! From the minute you step up to the resort they are already catering to you by bringing you cool wet rags and cold drinks upon arrival. The check-in process was painless and they immediately made our reservations for the restaurants right when we arrived, so I really don't know why there were any bad reviews on here about having a hard time getting into the restaurants at all, unless they were not made in advance since the resort was at 90% occupancy during our stay. The restaurants that we ate at were phenomenal, the portions not HUGE, but delicious and the atmosphere so upscale and classy. There was never a time that you could not get something to eat, since they have a breakfast buffett, 2 lunch buffetts, dinner buffetts and the restaurants. The food was very good and I especially enjoyed the buffett on Dominican night, the food was really good! One day at the lunch buffett, my husband did not see any lobster and asked if there was lobster, the cooks response was "How many would you like, sir?" We chose the swim up room, which was really nice to have especially in the evenings after being in the hot sun all day. We really didn't spend a lot of time in our room, but the room was very nice and very clean. Our Butler, Henry was incredible, he was so friendly and helpful, I just loved him!! He had a couple of days off during the last part of our trip & I was so excited when he came back on our last day, so we could get a picture with him!!! The staff here is really what made this trip so memorable, they are truly top notch and want to help you have a fabulous time! The answer to everything that you ask for is YES! They never say no to your requests. The only time that I did hear that word was when I asked for a dirty martini, they had no olives in the bars, I'm not sure why, but it could have something to do with the fact that everyone is drinking their delicious frozen drinks, like the pina colada (which is probably the best I have ever had), the coco loco, dirty monkey, strawberry daiquiri, etc. However, the next night, when I asked Bruno again at the front bar, he said they did not have any, but that he would find some for me. He sent someone to get some & they returned with a big container of them & he made me the best dirty martini I have had in a LONG time, even the glass it was served in was out of the ordinary! We immediately became friends with Lely, the bartender in the pool bar. He was one of my favorites, he was funny and made you feel like you had been long time friends. I already miss him!!! Then, of course there is the famous Happy Feet, my other favorite! He was the cutest thing and took the time to get to know us on one of our first days there, sitting with us, talking, asking questions about our lives and children, etc. He really made us feel at home and this is what makes the Iberostar experience so good, the staff are just out of this world! I can't thank them enough for being part of such a wonderful experience for us! We hadn't even left yet and were already planning our next trip there. What's funny is that my husband was really nervous about spending so much money on this trip, but when we were leaving he said that it was worth every penny and he was so glad that I had chosen it!! We did check out the Iberostar resort next door, which was nice, but there is absolutely NO comparison. It was very loud, not only because there are children there, but the grounds are very open and they had some kind of theater production going on in a outdoor pavillion, so music was echoing througout the resort, it was much more of a "party" atmosphere, nothing like next door where you are surrounded by very classy people and environment. We did use the casino at the sister property which was very small, but did have a lot of penny slot machines, blackjack, poker & roulette wheel. The nice thing with the Grand is that you can visit all of the other resorts and food and all drinks are still included, but you won't want to stay, trust me!!! We are so excited about trying other resorts in the Grand Collection, but look forward to returning to the Grand Bavaro, it was an amazing experience!! Oh and don't forget to try the Mamajuana!!

Dear guests,
First at all, we thank you for taking the time to post a review about your honeymoon experience at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, and for having chosen our hotel for such as especial occasion.
In the name of the whole team, we would like to congratulate you for your wedding and to wish you the best for this new step in your lives.
We are much honored and very satisfied to acknowledge that the excellent service provided by our friendly staff and our varied gastronomy ensured you an unforgettable stay from the first moment your arrived to our premises and that your honeymoon was romantic and relaxing. In Iberostar we aim to provide memorable holidays to our beloved guests. We will congratulate Bruno, Henry, Lely and Romel for contributing to make your stay especial.
We will be glad to celebrate your first wedding anniversary in our grounds; do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance.
Best regards,
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Visited the Iberostar Grand Bavaro with my wife and another couple in early October. We had stayed at the Lindo in Mexico earlier this spring and really enjoyed the experience so decided to try the Grand in Punta Cana as our adults only trip this year. Cant say enough good things about our stay. Accommodation is beautiful, food was excellent and the staff were always doing their best to ensure we had everything we wanted. Our concerns that the food in Punta Cana would not be as good as Mexico were completely unfounded and the meals at the gourmet restaurant were first class. Best steak and rack of lamb we have ever experienced at an all inclusive. Lobster every day at the lunch buffet and the house wine was quite palatable. Both my friend and I are golfers so we played a couple of rounds at the resort course which is a Robert Trent Jones design and loved it. Very nice track with some beautiful views and a few sand traps that you really dont want to be in. LoL.

I could go on and on about how much we enjoyed our stay but will simply say, if you are planning to go to Punta Cana and are unsure about where to go. Go to the Grand Bavaro. You will not be disappointed. The couple we went with, who had never been to an all inclusive before were blown away and are already planning their next stay. Enjoy.....

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro and for your loyalty toward Iberostar Grand Hotel Collection as your holidays destination.
It is a pleasure and an honor for us to acknowledge that the kindness of our staff and our varied gastronomy could meet you high expectations after visiting Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso in Mexico. In Iberostar we aim to ensure the best experience to our beloved “stars” on vacation, as you could have verified in two occasions.
Kindest regards,

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro? Share your experiences!