Features I like the most: SPA, GYM and BEACH A++++. The beach is incredible beautiful though it was bit noisy on one part of the beach due to improvements. Also the customer service is really good, staff is very friendly and courteous. A lot of entertainment either for families or couples.
Things to improve: Food ,transportation to the room/around the hotel and WI-FI range.
The trip from the airport to the Hotel is 30 min. Check-in for members of the Hotel is in a different section but still busy. Once my husband and I checked in, they gave us a map to locate our room...really? We got lost, the property is huge , so we asked around to get to our room. Luggage takes a while to get to your room, we waited more than 30 min and we left. On day 1 we felt a horrible smell coming from the toilet, next day we coimplained and they suggested to change our room without hesitation.
The hotel is huge but very busy, pools were busy we rather stayed at the beach and order drinks there. Restaurants were also busy especially Los Gallos and Toro and depending on the time of the day you likely will have to wait. Now in regards to food, it is ok, some items were better than others, but they substituted items without communicating you. For example at Toro my husband ordered Pina Colada Mousse , it was a slice of canned pineapple with whipped cream on top and then mashed potato out of the box they told us later that they usually do that when they are out ..really? Also we went to Ciao since we wanted to try the Ossobuco, they were out , 2 times!...For the rest of restaurants, mostly buffets food is ok you get your steak/chicken /fish to your liking and a variaty of other choices. I mostly enjoyed fresh food and the ceviches and the seafood stews were good.
Entertainment is everywhere, a lot of activities and at night casino, disco and shows. No complaints there.
Credit resorts: I didn't use them all, mostly for the spa ,some gifts from the store and the horseback riding tour. You pay 16% of everything , you get 300 credits for spa if the massage is $300 then you pay $48 and this is fully explained when you arrived.
Cable and WI-FI is intermittent and very weak during peak hours especially afternoon. Didn't get signal in iphone, ipad, nor reader at times.
Now, and this is for members -especially Palace and comparing my experiences with other Palaces (Hard Rock Punta Cana used to be a Palace Hotel) so far this Hotel is really above other all inclusives I had been Hard Rock Cancun , Sun Palace, etc but still Moon Palace is a step above in regards to food quality and even customer service, but still Hard Rock Punta is really a nice Hotel to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 1,787 room Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana is situated on pristine sugar white sands stretching 121-acres along Macao Beach in the Dominican Republic. Hard Rock's first all inclusive hotel and casino exudes lavish five-star amenities and personal service to create the ultimate rock star getaway. Among the resort's many offerings are luxe accommodations, the signature Rock Spa(R), 18-hole Nicklaus designed golf course, iconic music memorabilia and a larger-than-life Vegas-style casino - the largest in the Dominican Republic, featuring Oro nightclub. Guests also enjoy 15 expansive pools, four swim-up bars, a kids pool and lazy river. A variety of gourmet dining options are available through the resort's nine restaurants, with Simon Mansion & Supper Club by the famed Rock n Roll Chef Kerry Simon, which opened in 2013. The property also features more than 65,000 square-feet of flexible event and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Punta Cana
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Resort All Inclusive