“Best Vacation EVER!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana

You added Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Turistico del Este Km.28 No.74, Bavaro, Punta Cana 74, Dominican Republic   |
Special Price
KIDS STAY FREE
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Bavaro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milton, Canada
“Best Vacation EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Punta Cana is by far our favourite destination but we have never been anywhere as nice as the Hard Rock is in Punta Cana!!

We found the service to be excellent and the rooms were like something out of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous!! The decor was quite nice and the room was extremely clean!! The room had a magnificent king size bed and there was a two person Jacuzzi right in the middle of the room!! Then, there was a separate bathroom with toilet, showers and double sinks.....massive.

Speaking of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous - the spa was like something out of a movie. We went for the couples massage and all of the pre treatments they offered (steam room, ice room, mud room, swimming pool, etc). It was like a dream and definitely something you should include in your trip.

We loved that you could go to any one of the many a la carte restaurants without having to make a reservation and we found the food delicious at each of them. The steak house had the most tender beef tenderloin which, prior to this trip, was unheard of for us in Punta Cana. This was our 4th time in Punta Cana.

The night life on the Eclipse patio was so much fun. I can't remember the last time we stayed up until 2:00 a.m. to dance and enjoy ourselves so much.

We were there with family and friends for a wedding but my husband and I are already looking at dates for next year to return either by ourselves or for round 2 with some of the same people we travelled with this time.

The 13 swimming pools definitely gave you options of being at a quiet spot or joining in at one of the more active swimming pools.

The beach was beautiful for walking every day. The only down side was that the ocean could be quite rough at times and unsafe to swim in. But, if this was the only down side to our vacation, we are lucky indeed. We can always walk the expansive beach and swim in one of the pools.

M&M

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw (with the group we were travelling with) were beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Shannon_Bowerman, Customer Care at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hello Trott26, You are truly a Rock Star! Thank you for the fantastic review. We are glad that you had a real Rock Star experience with our rooms, pools and restaurants. It is great that you were able to relax in our luxurious spa, and spend some time dancing under the stars. We can’t wait to have you back so that we can rock your world once more. LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,854)
  • Korean first
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Hard Rock in Punta Cana is exotically beautiful and very large. Expect to log many miles by foot going from your room to the many pools and restaurants as well as the casino and shows. But don't worry, they have carts running all the time which will take you where you want to go.
The many pools are quite large and have enough lounge chairs. Most have food and bars right there with waitresses to serve you. The pools range from the loud music pool to the very quiet adult pool to the members-only concierge pool to the mini-water park for kids.
The restaurants offer a varied selection of food which ranges from poor to good. We found Toro to be the best and the oriental hibachi (which I really don't like) was also very good.
Many of the restaurants and after-hours bars are in the main building where you check in. Don't expect to do quiet reflection anywhere in this building; it's very noisy but, heck, it is a Hard Rock. If healthy food isn't your thing, they have a deli, an ice cream bar and a coffee & desserts station.
The staff went out of their way to accommodate your every need. They simply couldn't have been nicer or more helpful (except for some of the administration people who wasted a day of our vacation with administrivia and argumentation). Especially helpful and extraordinarily friendly were Iris (the members pool concierge) and the "Jamaica man" Rolando. For example, I like to drink vodka with grapefruit juice. They don't stock grapefruit juice at the members pool bar. So they got some grapefruits from the kitchen and squeezed them for me.
Now, for the piece de resistance: They have the most fantastic spa I ever seen. My wife and I spent our entire $1,500 credit there. The facilities are not only spacious, the staff is right there and helpful and the ambiance is magnificent. We were there every day and, if only they were open, I could have spent the evenings too.
If you are a Palace Premier or Legendary member, be sure to check in at the members desk to avoid the crowd at regular check in. Besides saving time, they have drinks and goodies there while you're doing the paperwork. Speaking of goodies, you will find at the members check in, nail salon and spa the very best dark chocolate candy I have ever tasted. They make it right in the hotel but I wasn't able to buy any and I couldn't convince myself to go around and scrounge it from the three locations.
Now, on the downside, the airport is not air conditioned in the arrivals building and barely cooled in departures. You must have $10 USD per person in cash to enter the country. The airport announcers must have a love affair with the PA system since they never shut up and they keep the volume well above 100 decibels. Here's a tip: on the plane to Punta Cana, they will give you a big form per family (which you will need at departure, so don't misplace it) and a small form for each person. Get two of these forms per person and fill out the duplicates at the hotel because you will need them to get out of Punta Cana. If you don't, they'll give them to you at the departure desk and you'll have to fill them out in the un-air conditioned terminal with only about 20 square feet of writing space and hundreds of people trying to commandeer it.
The rooms are large and well outfitted. Maid service comes daily, including evening turndown. The shower is so large, you can live in there. Drink all the soda and liquor you want; they'll replace it daily.
Did a mention that they have a beautiful beach with lounges, sun, shade and surf? Like everything else here, it is huge! And the weather could not have been better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Len F, We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and experienced our many restaurants and pools. It is great that your trip to the spa made your vacation even more memorable, and that you enjoyed the best chocolates ever. We love hearing when our staff members provide our guests with experiences that rock; thank you for mentioning that Iris and Rolando went above and beyond.

We sincerely hope we have the opportunity to roll out the red carpet for your next Rock Star vacation again soon. ALL IS ONE.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This Hard Rock Hotel is an amazingly large hotel with over 1,700 rooms, a huge convention center, casino, disco and restaurants and pools to service a property of its size.
If what you are looking is excitement and diversity on the activities you are in the right place, without any doubt. A lot of young beautiful people and not so young and still beautiful people.
If the purpose of your trip is business, like me, you may have many or a lot of disappointments.
Is a great distance among any place and the other. It takes a lot of time for anything, check in, check out, going to breakfast etc.
My room was not cleaned(it has dust and sheets were dirty), the lock and the toilet didn't work.
I didn't have time for the jacussi.
And breakfast has to be improved toward more quality and more healthy(they used too much oil to cook) as you are expecting that for the rates you charge.
Come to relax as it is not a place for a short and quick visit. Nothing is quick and easy in a large property like this.

• Stayed December 2012
Hello enriquedemarchena, We are disappointed that you did not completely enjoy your business visit with us.

We are truly sorry that we could not fulfill your expectations with some of our services, especially the maintenance and housekeeping. You can be sure that these are very important matters for us, and the directors of the involved departments are already working on the necessary corrective measures in order to avoid a similar situation in the future.

We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel for a leisure visit, so that we can provide you with the Rock Star experience that you deserve. LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I see the high ratings and question if I was at the same resort as the other reviewers. I was among seventy plus guests that flew to the island for a wedding. On arrival I was impressed with the ease of check in, the quality of the room and the sheer beauty of the surroundings. The warm and fuzzy feelings lasted until my first meal and slowly began to circle the drain from that point on. (pun intended)
Pros:
* Incredibly clean. The beaches, the pools, the rooms, all immaculate.
*The excursions were enjoyable and a great use of credits.
*The shiatsu massage I received in the spa was amazing!
*The tub was a godsend after a day of sun.
*The pools were fabulous, especially the one by 4b. It was quiet and we had our own waitress most of the day.
Cons:
*Food... ah where to begin? I had better food in my middle school cafeteria where we were served Ellios pizza and saran wrapped pb&j. Bland and boring but most importantly, my middle school never tried to wipe out my family with foodborne biological warfare. And the person who responds to these messages, save it. There is nothing you can do to explain this away, sugar coat etc. I was healthy when I arrived and 4 days into my stay became ill. I never stepped foot off the resort and only ate what the restaurants and room service provided. The groom spent his wedding reception in the hotel room being seen by the hotel medic. One of the many guests suffering the ills of the food dubbed the town Poopa Cana and rightfully so.
*Den of thieves. Count the money in your safe before you leave the room. Also, don't leave your watch behind after a mind blowing massage. The cleaning crew practices "Finders Keepers" like a preschooler.
*The ocean is not to be trifled with. I spent my summers in the ocean and have lived minutes from the Gulf, Atlantic and Pacific. I have never been scared of the water until I experienced the pull of the riptide at the resort. We asked a guide during the four wheeler excursion if the ocean was always this surly, he laughed and said "always." My deepest sympathy to the family that lost their son during our stay.
*Another guest referred to there being a few hiccups when it came to the wedding. It is not my place to critic, I'll leave that for the bride. I would definitely say it was more like burps not hiccups though.
*Mini golf is under construction so be prepared for that wonderful view if you're in a building that over looks it. Also the kid pool and slide were closed during the seven days we were there.
*Install a translation app on your phone. The language barrier rivals The Great Wall.
In short, the groom married a wonderful woman in a beautiful setting and had all of their dear ones with them to celebrate. I wouldn't have missed it for the world no matter where it was. My only regret, I didn't spend the 25 credits at the credit store for an airbrushed tee that said, "I survived Poopa Cana" . Feel free to steal the idea though :)

Room Tip: The A buildings are closer to the main building which houses the casino and many restaurants but far...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Shannon_Bowerman, Customer Care at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hello ElPresidenteNJ, We distress to learn that you did not completely enjoy your vacation with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the spa, pools, cleanliness and excursions with the credits.

We sincerely regret not having been able to fulfill your expectations this time concerning the food offered at our resort. Please allow us to inform you that our Hotel is governed by strict regulations that are set forth through the Health & Sanitation authorities in the Dominican Republic, and we are in total compliance with this. Our Food & Beverage procedures are thoroughly inspected by CRISTAL UK DOMINICANA to ensure that our food preparation processes are enforced. The HACCP food safety management principles are implemented and managed on a daily basis, which provides significant reduced risk from food borne illness and meet the hygiene, health and management standards required in the preparation of food services.

In the same way, we feel it is important to mention that we recommend that our guests leave all valuables in their safe, as the hotel is not responsible for items that are not in the safe, which is provided free of charge. We would like you to know that our staff members are subjected to full background checks and searches when entering and leaving the premises, and we have found no way in which our staff can be connected to your losses.

Similarly, we are pleased to inform you that the safety of our guests is our top priority, and we are currently creating a wave breaker for this purpose. We also have lifeguards on duty, who constantly patrol the beach, and use a flag system to identify to our guests the conditions of the water.

Finally, we are proud to say that many of our staff members participate in English classes in our Rock School. We have a very high rate of attendance, especially from those in direct contact with our guests.

We are really glad that you gave our hotel a try. LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I visited Hard Rock for a wedding in November 2012. As our first all-inclusive experience, I must give Hard Rock Punta Cana "high-fives" for amenities and a solid "thumbs-up" for atmosphere. The food and service, however, are average. Read other reviews for the specifics, but here are my key notes:

Stay in buildings 4B or 5B. Flanking the center reflecting pool, these buildings are within a 2 minute walk to the main building (shops, restaurants, casino), plus they are somewhat centrally located so you're almost in the center of the resort. Also, they connect to the main building with a covered walkway which helps during the heat of the day or inclement weather.

As other say, the food is hit-or-miss. Our favorites were Pizzeto (tasty oven fired pizzas), Zen (fun Hibachi grill), Bongos Pool (relaxing low-key atmosphere with decent food and infinity pool), and Isla (for its vast selection and proximity to the beach).

Study the Resort Credit fine print, as taxes are applied to certain purchases. One of our highlights were the free bike rentals which provided a fun afternoon bar hopping around the resort.

Know before you go:
1. Bring only US cash. No need to exchange to their currency. $US accepted everywhere.
2. Hard Rock has free WiFi so you can enjoy free texting via the WhatsApp application for Andriod and iPhones. Be sure to download and install this before leaving the US. Great for those who are traveling in a group.
3. Check out is a breeze and you retain your All-Inclusive privileges until you leave the property so book a late flight and enjoy the last day of your stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello baseltom, It is great to hear that you and your wife enjoyed visiting us for a wedding. We appreciate your high fives for amenities and thumbs up for our rockin’ atmosphere.

We are disappointed that we couldn’t completely fulfill all of your expectations this time concerning the food provided in our restaurants and the service provided by our staff. We would like you to know that your comments have been taken as an important matter and shared with our Management and the involved departments. We are glad that you enjoyed renting a bicycle and experiencing the bars around our resort.

We really hope you will come back and visit us again soon. Keep on rockin’. ALL IS ONE.
Valley Stream, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

If you are looking for a fantastic vacation this is for you. They have everything you want and need. The place is extremly large but once you know the tram system it is easy. The Casino is great and fun. The pools are all over and plenty of restuarants. Most pools have swim up bars. If you go just enjoy and relax

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the beach
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello fh619, Thank you for the short and sweet review. We are happy that you had a fantastic vacation. It is great that you enjoyed our casino, pools and restaurants. We hope you will come back for another relaxing vacation soon. TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I went for a friend's wedding earlier this year (March 23-26, 2012) and had an amazing time! No compliants whatsoever! The food was amazing (def hit the taco bar at the Mexican restaurant), room service was aweseome (especially at 4am after going to Club Oro) and the service.... never have I experience such amazing, nice, friendly people in my life! Everyone was smiling and so nice. They even helped my boyfriend fix his tie before we headed off to the wedding! The pools were great... I got to eat a cheeseburger while lounging by the pool... how can you not be happy?

The room was BEAUTIFUL! Every day we came back to the bed made, sometimes flowers on bed, sometimes chocolate and sometimes both. The bed was sooooo comfortable. Amazing. The balcony had an awesome view...

I used my resort credit and hit the beauty salon, left the island with braided hair with beads which was pretty cool

Overall, an amazing time that my friends and I still talk about... The ONLY compliant I can think of... when it was time to leave and they cut the wristband off... its like the fairy tale was over LOL.

I definitely recommend going... Amazing time and I will be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Shannon_Bowerman, Customer Care at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Hello Candice V, Thank you for the rockin’ review. We are thrilled to hear that you had an amazing experience, from the food and service, to the beauty salon and your room. We can’t wait to roll out the red carpet for your next visit. Rock on! ALL IS ONE.

Been to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana? Share your experiences!