“Good for the Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Regency Inn to your Saves list
Regency Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3635 I 55 & US Highway 64, Marion, AR 72364 (Formerly Regency Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Marion
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Good for the Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was a pleasant surprise to find that this motor court Inn was NOT in West Memphis. I intended to book a room in West Memphis, Ar. which is filled with truckers and travelers all converging on motel heaven where 1-40 intersects with I-55 and I-64. Road noise is very loud. Most of hotels are lower end and there is a big casino. I was not looking forward to listening to trucks all night.
I booked this Best western which is in Marion, AR only 2 miles north of West Memphis and I-40. It is on the Interstate and a couple of good restaurants (Colton's Steak and Grill) are close by. It seemed pretty safe too.
It is a decent place to stay, pretty clean and much quieter than West Memphis. Easy Interstate access. The staff was especially friendly and courteous. Breakfast was better than expected. Beds were comfy. Pet friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for room around back. It is quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We checked in and the lady at front desk was very nice. She was fun and excited to see us there. We paid for our room and proceeded to the back of the building because we requested a room in the back like someone had advised here. Didn't hear any vehicles or anything. So thank you for the advice. Anyways we got to our room started to get out of the car and saw the room next to us had a man in it staring out the window watching us. Then not even 2 sec later a big man walks out of the room above ours and just stares us down as well. We get into our room set our bags down and then the music starts... Loud, rap, cursing music as we are trying to sleep. I kept hearing the guy upstairs walking and the room next door I swear he was trying to unlock the jointed door to our room. We skipped breakfast, smelled horrible. Needless to say, I wouldn't ever stay here again and I shouldn't have to fear my life by putting the fridge in front of the jointed room door.

• Stayed February 2013

Travelers are raving about these Marion hotels

Obion, Tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Recently I had to go to Memphis for work. I don't travel much and never alone, but this time I had to travel alone. The people at this hotel were the sweetest, most understanding people and made me feel safe. The room was clean and nice. The breakfast was very good. Thank you all for helping me through a very nerve wrecking time. I highly recommend this hotel. If I ever have to go back to Memphis or anywhere in the area this is where I will stay. They even helped me with directions. Thanks again to the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Albany, LA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

You should move this location!
It is awful! I-55 Trucks all night long and Trains the same.
Worst experience I have had at a Best western. You notice that I canceeled my Reservation on Monday night at this hotel. Would never recommend this location to anyone but a deaf person.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWMARION, General Manager at Regency Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Roy,

We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant stay with us. We understand that the front side of our hotel has a bit of traffic noise, but this is to be expected as the hotel was built directly off of the interstate. Our front desk team tries to accomodate our guests that are sensitive to this by placing them in a room on the backside of the building. If your travels ever bring you back to Marion, please contact us directly at (870) 739-3278 and we will be happy to reserve a room for you in a quieter location.

Best regards,

BW Marion Management Team
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

As of 26 Oct 2012, whatever might have happened in the past, does not appear to be happening now. The exterior of the hotel is nicely painted and maintained. The room was clean and nicely furnished. Reservations and checking in and out was professionally done. Our room on the side away from the roadway was quiet and everything worked as it was designed to. The lobby/breakfast room was clean, the staff attentive, and the breakfast offering varied and hot.

There are several restaurants close by and access to and from the Interstate was simple and easy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments on TripAdvisor and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Been to Regency Inn? Share your experiences!