The Amari Vogue is a well-managed property in a very good location. The highlight of the hotel is undoubtedly its management and service: the staff manages to pull off the experience of a larger resort in a smaller setting. As many other reviews have pointed out, the efforts of Mr. Vogt, the hotel manager, go a long way in making guests feel welcome.
I must admit, the Amari Vogue was not exactly what I was expecting. Despite its relative seclusion, it is not an enormous property. It is situated on a narrow, sloping hillside and is terraced down to the beach. Rather than a hindrance, the property's geography is mostly an asset, as there are several "levels" of pools and seating areas that guests can enjoy with somewhat more privacy. Of course, this also comes with its (very minor) problems: for example, while one side of the property is bordered by a lush national park, the other looks directly into the adjacent Anyavee Resort. The common space is extremely attractive; the Amari Vogue's pools, lobby, koi pond, and spirit house lighting fixtures are absolutely beautiful.
Rooms are spacious and attractive with good lighting, nice balcony space, and fantastic bathroom fixtures. There are a few minor details that could be addressed with the room amenities: the toiletries were of average quality, the recently-updated wireless Internet was slow and fickle, and while somewhat charming, the room keys proved bulky after a while. However, the many highlights include complimentary pastries with turndown, a very handsome wicker pool bag, Amari's trademark orange umbrellas, and an ample supply of bottled water.
The Amari's beach is convenient to the rest of the hotel, and its and beauty is a huge part of what makes the resort unique. Container ships heading for a nearby offload point can occasionally spoil the view, but the striking karst formations and jungle next door make up for it! Longtail boats congregate right on the beach and are an easy and stress-free way to reach the incredible islands across the channel from the resort (the prices are fixed and most of the boat drivers speak basic English.) It should also be noted that the hotel organizes twice-daily shuttles to and from the tourist-heavy town of Ao Nang, which is worth a short visit if you are seeking dining or shopping options--or if only to make you better appreciate the seclusion and beauty of the resort's surrounding Nong Thale!
At Lotus and Bellini, the dining options are impressive for a resort of this size. The breakfast buffet at Lotus is truly admirable. With a very wide array of Western and Asian dishes and a cooked-to-order station, the selection is much more like what guests would encounter in a large resort. The Thai and pan-Asian dinner menu at Lotus is very nice, though those fond of bargain Thai food should be reminded that the prices reflect the restaurant's location in a luxury resort. (This is an easy fix: avoid food easily found in local fare in favor of more "upmarket" Thai food like Lotus' fantastic curries.) Bellini's lunch and dinner selections are excellent, and the executive chef frequently goes out of his way to create great dinner buffets on the lawn by the beach.
Speaking of which, the sunset happy hour is not to be missed! The vista on Tubkaak Beach is absolutely incredible, plus two-for-one drinks and a charismatic house band duo make this one of the resort's selling points.
If you're looking for a unique, small, and personal property with the amenities and service of a larger resort with a more established international brand, the Amari Vogue Krabi fits the bill!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine opening your door and stepping out into a tropical paradise, where the horizon merges with the islands and the sea and every sunrise is a burst of colour. Amari invites you to Krabi, one of Southern Thailand’s most beautiful beach destinations. Situated on the sandy white shores of Tub Kaek Beach beside the tranquil blue of the Andaman Sea, Amari Vogue Krabi is an intimate 57-room resort with elegant Lanna-inspired architecture in beautiful garden setting. The hotel boasts luxury accommodation suitable for any holiday, from romantic weekend getaways to family vacations, including the indulgent Spa Suites and One Bedroom Villas for a truly exceptional holiday experience. Slow down the pace of your life and be swept away by the tropical magic of Krabi. Dine on impeccably prepared choices at the beachfront Bellini Italian Restaurant. Toast the stars from the balcony of your delightfully comfortable suite. Pamper yourself with a full-body massage at the renowned Breeze Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amari Hotels, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and EasyToBook so you can book your Amari Vogue Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Vogue Krabi Hotel Nong Thale
- Amari Vogue Hotel
- Amari Vogue Krabi Thailand