I will start off by saying, yes this hotel is beautiful, yes the pool is amazing. We cannot fault the hotel in this regard. Our room was OK, from the pictures on the website we expected something a little nicer. It was quite small and the bathroom seemed a little tired.
We found the staff good, however checking out proved difficult and the girl assisting us had little to no understanding of what we were asking her to do. A gentleman behind the reception was very helpful and assisted her through it (perhaps she was in training). It is hard because obviously there english is much better than our Thai however we found compared with other 5 star hotels we had stayed in within Thailand it was much harder to communicate.
The reason I say this hotel was not for us, was simply the location. We knew that it was not in the middle of town (which we usually prefer) however people have written similar reviews regarding Karon in Phuket, so we expected something similar. We felt quite iscolated, there is a nice selection of small local restaurants and the prices/food are great. However we found ourselves at a loose end by about 9:30pm every night.
The shuttle to Ao Nang was good, but it was difficult as you have to nominate a time you wish to return, we found this a bit restricting as we generally just see where the night takes us and do not like being time restricted. Never being to Krabi before if we were to return we would definately stay close to Ao Nang.
We loved the trip to Hong Island and would reccommend this to anyone staying at the hotel, the island does get very busy during the day, so I would reccommend snorkling early. We hired a canoe in the afternoon and made our way around the whole island which was fantastic. The hotel does offer lunch to be provided however, there is a little restaurant on the island and a kiosk which sells drinks/snacks etc. We had a huge breakfast before we went and found we didn't really need a big lunch anyway.
Also, I have noticed many people complain regarding the expensive internet service in the room. There is a business centre in the hotel lobby with 3 computers offering free internet and printing. This suited our needs while on holidays perfectly.
All in all, the hotel was nice, but as I said not for us. If you enjoy staying mainly at the hotel and not venturing far during the day. Enjoy hotel restaurants and early nights then this hotel would suit you perfectly.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Krabi
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning resort providing traditional Thai hospitality. Close to AoNang, Koh Phi Phi, James Bond islands. 276 Victorian-style rooms & suites with spectacular views. Includes Thailand's largest pool (75,347 sq. ft/7000 m²), private yachts, golf course, tenniscourts, Kids club, Spa and a line-up of restaurants: Pizzeria, White Lotus with Thai & Indian recipes and Poda with pool-side BBQ's rounding off your culinary experience. The indoor and outdoor spaces are ideal for weddings & events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, ACCOR, Agoda, Tingo, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.