We spent a total of 10 nights at the Tubkaak, on our honeymoon last November. We had planned to have one week here and a week at the Phi Phi Island Resort. We were so sad to leave the Tubkaak that we came back after two days!
It is a truly unique hotel. Small but spacious, stylish but unpretentious, simple but luxurious. Set in a rainforest, it feels like a little hideaway. The staff are warm hearted & friendly without ever being intrusive. They arranged for us to have our original room when we got back and even left us a bottle of champagne to welcome us home! The rooms themselves are comfortable & classy if not opulent. Each has a fantastic outdoor bath and shower, so you can watch the stars whilst you bathe. Ask for an upstairs room. And it makes no difference having a room by the pool or not. We actually liked being away from the pool, although its no big deal either way.
The restaurant is amazing, set round a typically lily-padded carp pond and facing the sea. Good unfussy food, a stunning place for breakfast and its the best sunset bar we've ever found.
But the clincher is the private beach. I defy you to find a better sunbathing view anywhere on earth! The limestone cliffs are a stunning backdrop and we spent most of our time gazing out at them. A bonus is that the Thai government (or at least the regional government) has banned sun loungers, so you are forced (!) to use the hotel's huge leather beanbags. The only downside of which is that its impossible to stay awake after lunch!
Now, it is true that the bay is tidal and that the waters recede quite dramatically twice a day. Personally we didn't think it detracted from the beauty or experience
of the place one tiny bit though.
We can't wait to go back. We've persuaded three sets of friends/couples to go there already, (one of whom works as a tour PA for a famous band, and so has seen more than a few five star hotels). They've all loved it! Not as much as we did though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very chic boutique resort with just 59 stylistically finished rooms and pool villas located at Krabi's most pristine Tubkaak Beach. Offering utmost privacy, spellbound tranquility with friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Hotel Nong Thale
- The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort Thailand