This is the second consecutive year I've visited the Sheraton Krabi resort and it continues to hold its place with me as one of the finest, most relaxing places to stay I've come across. The grounds are massive, beautifully landscaped, and the help is very attentive and friendly. The resort provides the ultimate relaxing experience, and may not be the appropriate place for those looking for shopping or nightlife (inconvenient to get into town).
My stay was in June (low season) so, granted, it felt like we owned the place w/ only a few other couples visibly wandering the premises. The poolside relaxing is unparallelled, with two large infinity pools overlooking the beach (the pools are more desirable than the beach here).
Food and drinks onsite is generally expensive (though drinks not as expensive as other Starwood hotels in Thailand), however with some good "promotion" values on certain days, which may have been a product of the low season where restaurant help seemed to outnumber the guests at any given time. Happy hour drinks from the girls at Martinis (onsite) are a must. The hotel does take great pride in its food and service; I indicated my dissatisfaction with a certain dinner item on one of my comment cards and received at my room the following day a handwritten letter and complimentary dessert from the onsite Director of Food & Drink. One of my only complaints w/ the hotel is with the signs posted on the way out of the hotel premises that warn you not to "risk your health or your holiday" by eating outside of the hotel grounds. Shame, since right across the street is a fantastic little Thai food restaurant (Garden Terrace) - we ate there at least once a day during our 4 days (recommend the standard: spring rolls, yellow curry, pad thai, lots of singha).
Fitness center: very nice. Tours: seemingly a bit more pricey when booked through the hotel, but not egregiously so. Rara the elephant: always a delight. Complimentary internet access: very nice perk. The onsite spa: very nice and top notch in quality of service, but the ordinary traveler just looking to get a traditional Thai massage can find one at literally one-tenth of the price just off premises.
All in all - a very relaxing time if that's what you're after. Also, for those not finding reasonable flights into Krabi airport, there are very inexpensive flights on Bangkok Airways between Bangkok and Phuket, and the 2+hr drive from Phuket is quite scenic and may justify the price (as it did for me) if you can negotiate a reasonable rate for the haul.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Krabi Beach Hotel Nong Thale
- Sheraton Krabi Beach Hotel
- Sheraton Krabi
- Krabi Sheraton
- Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located on a peaceful, white sandy beach, our rooms feature every comfort to ensure a blissful stay. With a full range of activities and excursions we are the ideal choice for families and couples alike. Be as active or as relaxed as you like - try kayaking, climbing, diving, snorkeling, the heavenly Mandara Spa or lazing in a hammock by the sea. Fabulous dining, live entertainment and warm hospitality await. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.