There is nothing really special about this hotel until you head to the beach and then it's FABULOUS!! I love a good beach and the Sheraton's did not disappoint. Not sure about at other times of year but during our Christmas week stay the water was beautifully warm, quite clear, very swimmable because it was so calm and has a very gradual slope so the 4 kids in our party could play ball in there with little supervision and no worries of being carried away by a wave. The sand is clean and super soft, felt like sifted flour. Only disappointment there is the lack of really nice beach chairs, everything was plastic and under the trees, not an elevated beach experience. Walking down the beach we saw that the other hotels did not have as nice of a swimming beach as ours, seems that the Sheraton really cleared theirs of rocks etc to be perfect. To those worried about jelly fish, we saw 2 during our stay there, both were quite large and washed up on the beach, did not see any in the water.
The hotel itself is quiet with a few restaurants outside the main gate. Rooms are basic and clean but have very little space for one's clothing, a pet peeve for hotels that focus on family trips that probably last an average of 5 days or more.
Breakfast in the downstairs restaurant was good, with fun animal shaped pancakes made to order and delicious waffles amongst the made to order eggs and other regular fare. Not much Thai food which was a little disappointing.
There are 2 pools both of which did not feel crazy busy or loud, even at full capacity but really we spent the majority of our time at the lovely beach.
Did not try the spa but in Thailand I never would since there are so many fantastic massage places on every corner. We had a few massages at the places on the beach which were fab.
The hotel was able to set up a couple of day trips for us to Railay Island on a long tail boat which was very reasonable at about $100 for about 4-6 hours and a speedboat to Phi Phi Island were we stopped off and snorkelled at a few spots and went cliff diving in another place. Couldn't dive since a couple of us had a cold but the snorkelling did not disappoint with fantastic visibility at the places we were taken to.
All in all a lovely vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located on a peaceful, white sandy beach, our rooms feature every comfort to ensure a blissful stay. With a full range of activities and excursions we are the ideal choice for families and couples alike. Be as active or as relaxed as you like - try kayaking, rock climbing, diving, snorkeling, the heavenly Mandara Spa or lazing in a hammock by the Andaman Sea. Fabulous dining, live entertainment and warm hospitality await. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Krabi Beach Hotel Nong Thale
- Krabi Sheraton
- Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort Thailand