“Roll on next year!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort

You added Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   155 Moo 2 | Muang, Krabi, Nong Thale, Krabi Town 81180, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nong Thale
4.5 of 5 stars 2,017 Reviews
London, United Kingdom
“Roll on next year!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed in February to celebrate our wedding anniversary and booked the club room - loved the evening drinks and nibbles! We booked a massage package over 2 days as they were offering a special deal - absolutely fantastic! Magic hands the 2 therapists had! The manager kindly sent us a bottle of bubbles for our anniversary which was a lovely touch - sitting in a lovely hotel sipping bubbles was the icing on the cake! Grounds are beautiful and very tidy, with a nice relaxing bar area. Breakfast in the club room was good too. Restaurants outside offer good food with a couple of shops too. Bit of a late review but I guess the best review I can give is to say that we hope to return next Feb to celebrate a special wedding anniversary! Sheraton we look forward to being with you again!

• Stayed February 2013
ManagerSKBR, Manager at Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hello 'Blueskylady19',

Thank you very much for your visit and feedback. It is always a pleasure to welcome guests on a special occasion; congratulations again! I am also glad to read that you have enjoyed our Club Room and the Sheraton Club Lounge. Please allow me to take this opportunity to add that starting from November 2013, the Sheraton Club Lounge will only be accessible for adults and children 12 years or older.

Yes, please ‘roll on next year’ and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance in planning your second visit.

Hotel Manager

and the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The moment we stepped into the lobby, we were mesmerized by a stunning view of the beach. It's a huge hotel yet everything was made in great details.
The room we stayed was reasonable in size with open bathroom. However, we need buggy ride each time to go to the lobby cause it's quite far to walk for my 2 small kids. Staff were really helpful & will greet you all the time.
My kids had an enjoyable time at the Kid's Club. So, me & my wife were able to attend our meeting there with peace of mind. Once over, we spent our time together taking a dip at their infinity pool.
Just outside the hotel you can find 7eleven & several restaurants. Never had chance to try out these nearby restaurants because we had to follow our group having dinner around Krabi. Quite a distance from airport & Ao Nang area but you should be able to get cab or van easily.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ManagerSKBR, Manager at Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hello 'Muslimtraveller_78',

Many thanks for sharing your very positive feedback about your recent experiences at the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort. I hope you will return with your family for another relaxing (business) break.

Hotel Manager
and the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort team.
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel is in a lovely situation beside the beach. Very enjoyable and relaxing place to visit. Staff were very friendly and pleasant particularly the breakfast staff. Communication could be a difficulty at reception.
Our room was comfortable and the flowers on our pillow every night a lovely touch.
We had booked a wheelchair accessible room as we have a wheelchair. The room and bathroom were accessible except there was no shower chair of any sort. We requested even a plastic chair to use and were brought a child's chair which was obviously useless. Fortunately the wheelchair user managed with difficultly to use the bath however the room should have a a shower chair attached to the wall.
We ate in the hotel just one night and had an excellent meal but of course at triple the price you pay outside the hotel.
The porters were great to come and help to push the wheelchair up the hill to the road and up from the pool or even up the ramp. Myom in particular always come running with a big smile on his face and helped.
We ate in Sawadee at the gate a couple of nights and enjoyed it very much. The Frog and Catfish is well worth a visit. Ao Nang and trips to the islands are a must! Wonderful trip on a long boat to Hong Island.
We visited the tailor Victoria just outside the hotel and ended up getting a lot more than we planned. Very efficient and did a great job. Jackets, shirts and trousers both for men and women seem to be the best value.
The pool area is lovely & the snacks which we got at the pool bar excellent.
Overall I would recommend the resort as a wonderful relaxing place for chilling out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello 'southwestbelle',

Thank you very much for your visit and review. Please accept my sincere apology for your shower experience; we are currently sourcing proper chairs so our future guest will not run into the same challenge.

I have already shared your compliments with the team; it is fantastic to read that you found our associates helpful and friendly.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future and I hope you will contact me directly when you are planning your next trip to Krabi.

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

ROOM

We stayed in Sheraton Krabi for a week, in their newly renovated premium one bedroom suite which has a massive balcony with daybed facing the beach area, with a massive living room space and beautiful bathroom, really big space for a family of 3. every single detail from the 6 bottled waters they refill everytime to the towels are very much appreciated. room was great!

However, on the first night i woke up with an insect crawling on my face, it almost gave me a heart attack. i couldn't sleep anymore, and since i have a baby lying next to me, i just sat there watching him sleep in case there were more insect attacks.

on the second night, it was my baby who got bitten by mozzies on the cheeks, ears and legs. coz of that, i had to put insect repellant stickers on the headboard and the bedside every single night to be sure that we would have a good night's sleep.

I also noticed that the aircon in our bedroom was freezing even if we put it on 29 degrees already. so every night we had to wear socks to keep us warm lol! but so far so good for the overall stay in our room.

SERVICE

Fantastic service especially from the buggy staff, i salute you guys, thank you so much for making our stay really enjoyable. one call and they are always there to fetch you wherever you are.

I also like the friendly housekeeping staff, phone operator/room service and the pool bar/attendants. every single detail of the request I made was attended to.

FOOD

The food and the service in the restaurant/bar was great! very attentive staff and yummy food! i love love the breakfast buffet spread as well. even room service food was nice and fast ;-)

CLUB LOUNGE

The club lounge came complimentary coz of the room type that we booked, check-in was a breeze, the staff was friendly and they served us some lemongrass drink and cookies upon arrival with some lovely scented wet towels.

as me and my family travel almost every month for holidays, we always make sure we avail of the club lounge in whatever hotel we are staying and sad to say, this club lounge was a let down, we only came for 1 day and never came back after. Check out can be done in your own suite but due to our experience with one of their senior staff, we prefer to check out the normal way as people in the front desk are nicer.

Why a let down?

The club lounge service was alright but cocktail hour and limited choice of food was a disappointment, not really worth it if you paid for this privilege. the cookies were yummy though.

I also had a misunderstanding with one of the senior staff, really rude as well so I told my husband I was so upset about it and that we are never going back to the club lounge during our stay as I don't want to see her face. ("never argue with a pregnant woman")

WIFI

There is complimentary wifi during our stay but it was not that great, we were not able to use it in the room, so we just go to their Link@Sheraton center and use the computer instead.

KIDS CLUB

One of the reasons we chose this hotel was coz of the Kids Club feature, apparently it was a complete let down, the toys were outdated, it was pretty basic with a table for coloring and arts/crafts, outdated TV /movie as well. the outside playground was okay but we were all bitten by mozzies while out there watching my baby play.

I would like to suggest that they upgrade the toys, clean it as well as the wooden blocks and other toys are too scuzzy, i wouldn't even let my baby touch it. perhaps newer toys, art materials, new dvd/movie, a kitchen playset for toddlers, cars and educational toys. make the kids club lively, upgrade everything as it is old school already.

BILLIARDS/SNOOKER Bar

We went there one evening as our friends and the hubby wanted to play pool while watching football, apparently the billiard taco/cue sticks were broken so they can't play. really disappointing as it would have been a great night out. they asked the staff about replacements and the reply they got was if they get new ones the kids will break them all again. hmmmm....

I would suggest you purchase new cue sticks or get second hand ones if on a budget and upgrade the interiors as well, feels abit dreary inside. I mean, it should live up the Sheraton brand name right?

POOL and BEACH

We love the pool area, we were there from morning till late afternoon everyday. our baby had a great time and the pool bar was fab. we'd order our food and drinks there and just hangout, also love the fact that the water was really warm, we stayed there for hours.

The beach and the grounds are very well kept, lovely to walk along the beach and watch the sunset.

All in all, we had a really really lovely time! We'd go back there in a heartbeat if given the time. We will definitely be back with more friends and family as well. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ManagerSKBR, Manager at Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Hello 'SGsweetpea',

Thank you very much for your visit and the time you have taken to write this review. I am very happy to read that you had a ‘lovely time’ and plan to return to us. And yes, please bring your friends and family along!

Nevertheless, I deeply regret that you had an unpleasant experience in the Club. I can ensure you that your feedback has been shared and the team briefed. I also appreciate your feedback in regards to our kids-club; we will push again this year to get the planned enhancements in place. Billiard cues have been ordered a while ago and should arrive within the next days so I am confident you will not have the same challenge when you return to us.

Thank you again – we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

A great place to choose!! Everything is so well thought of, and organized.
The room is large and nice, The bathroom is great!, all the sourounding is beautifull with lots of plants, trees, and even a small river with ducks. Breakfast is great, Beach is great, sunsets are breathtaking :)
Its the best choise for ppl who are looking for quiet place, no parties at night..Great Hotel!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hello ' I Z',

I am delighted to read that you found everything from our surrounding to our service to your liking and hope you will return to us in the near future. Until then, I wish you wonderful travels ahead.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 5 days with my family great location beautiful property great greens beach private but not very clean , infact 600 Mtrs on the right another hotel has pristine white beach though smaller, kids area was good. The breakfast buffet was extremely good. The story ends there the rooms were no where close to five star, the deluxe sea facing room was good but hell where was the sea the mattress were horrible the bathroom was non sense, the pool though brilliant there was zero service in that area you had to make your own deck get your own towel , no one speaks English and can you believe they have no clue about what is bloody merry ? The all carte menu dining is bad, we ate once and preferred to go out as for 3000 bth meal they took 1.5 hrs to serve 4 dishes and all were cold the best was they brought our food with no plates and cutlery this actual was a sore point but we didn't take it up because we were on vacation , I love the place but I want to be treated 5 star and nothing less

• Stayed May 2013
Hello 'harmit830',

Thank you very much for your visit and feedback. We always appreciate when our guests take the time to share their concerns with us so we can continue to improve our service and resort. Please allow me to address some of your concerns: We clean the beach twice a day, but the overall condition depends also very much on the weather, time of the year and tide. I regret to learn that you had communication challenges with our team; we are currently working with an English school to further lift the English level of our associates. Thank you also for your comment regarding our mattress: Actually, our rooms feature the original ‘Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed’ and while we receive mainly very positive comments, I regret that you felt the mattress was not comfortable. Please do let us know next time so we can add a ‘soft-top’ or change the mattress.

I have certainly also noted your comments about your in-room dining experience and service at the pools. I can ensure you that your valuable feedback has already been shared with the team.

Finally, It is great to read that you have enjoyed our breakfast buffet, our two pools and the relaxing atmosphere.

Please do let me know should you have plans to return back to Krabi so I can ensure you are well taken care of and you have a wonderful stay.

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here for a week in May and thought a lot about the place.

Location – Very nice quiet spot about 35 minutes from the Airport. Located along a nice stretch of beach and gorgeous grounds. Right outside the resort is a 7-11 and a few good restaurants. There is even a money exchange (note you get a better rate for larger bills).

Hotel – Open concept lobby (where the entrance of Hangover II was filmed) that leads to the ocean view. Good facilities on ground with several options.

Pool – they offer two pools one more suited to kids. Would like to see an adult only pool as kids sometimes got loud in the pool that has the swim up bar. Maybe cause it was low season this was not enforced, but made relaxing hard at times.
Room – had an OCEAN VIEW room and it has been upgraded. Nice room with a gorgeous washroom, comfortable bed and nice layout. Only issue is the hotel is situated so far back the extra cost for an ‘OCEAN VIEW’ room is not worth it. Spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

Club Lounge – Nicely appointed and easily located off the lobby. Would have liked to see more options for daytime snacks and even evening snack options. I was not made away till a few days in I also had free buffet bfast at the main restaurant, which was amazing compared to the lounge.

Staff – very friendly and willing to go the extra mile. Sometimes language was an issue, but for the most part it was manageable. I would have liked to see a Manager around more, almost non-existent it seems during my stay. Was there even a manger there?!

Overall – would go back in a heartbeat with the lessons learned here. Very friendly and nice hotel on the beach and peace and quiet. Shuttles to surrounding towns are awesome and always on time.

Room Tip: Do not waste your time upgrading to Ocean View, its too far and the trees at the beach do not allow...