“Great Kid Friendly Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Krabi Getaway - THB 3,500
Ranked #5 of 13 hotels in Nong Thale
Yokosuka
“Great Kid Friendly Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We spent five days at this resort during our New Year's family vacation. The only bad thing I can say is having to pay that mandatory high cost fees (about $500 for a family of four) for the hotel's annual New Year's gala regardless of whether or not we wanted to participate. Although I have to say the food served and entertainment provided were great even though alcohol cost extra and none of the staff bothered to spell check their program before printing them out. Overall, our young kids (4 and 6 at the time) loved the resort. They enjoyed the Kids' Club. They would have spent every waking hour there had we not forced them to do other things like Elephant trek, island hopping, and some other day trips near the resort. Food in the resort restaurants were great and reasonably priced. However, we highly recommend the restaurants across the street and the one adjacent to the hotel (try the massages offered by the ladies on the beach in their make shift parlour). My husband liked their Thai massage (only for those who like getting beaten up) but they also offer soothing style massages (my six year old giggled during her half hour massage). We chose Krabi this time since we've been to the more busy resorts like Phuket, dirty Pattaya, and Bangkok. It is a bit more isolated. If you're there to shop, then Krabi is not for you. If you're there to relax, not be bothered by too many folks, not have the 'sex industry be in your face like in other places like Pattaya and Phuket), enjoy a quiet secluded family (or romantic) getaway in one of the most exotic places in the world where the US dollar can still make you feel like you can afford to buy things then Krabi is for you. Last bit of advice, don't be embarrassed to haggle. It's almost like a sport in most Asian countries like Thailand and expected. Thailand thrive on tourism industry. Therefore it is relatively safe to travel with small kids (just don't be surprised when old people pat them on the head - just a friendly gesture) and eating out at most restaurants is safe.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
KrabiSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Hello 'ElsieBH',

Many thanks for sharing your positive feedback about your recent experiences at our Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort. I am thrilled to read that overall, you and your family have enjoyed the time with us. Thank you for your comments about our last New Year Dinner; we are already in the final planning phase for this year’s party and I can ensure you it will be another night to remember.

Krabi is indeed one of the most beautiful places with a different charm than other beach destinations in Thailand. I am also sure many other travelers appreciate your advice to bargain; it not only saves you money, it can also be entertaining to negotiate with the local vendors...

I hope you will return to beautiful Krabi and our Sheraton.

1,824 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
SLC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The rooms were very nice, the food at all restaurants great, the breakfast buffet was excellent ( enjoyed the custom pancake dudes), the pools were good, the beach fantastic. A little construction noise here and there on buildings C and D. No sundries shop for that snickers bar, or the sunscreen? no worries, a 7-11 adjacent to the resort entrance.

We rented scooters and road down to Ao Nang beach area. Goofed around at the shops and things but preferred the resort comforts better.

All of the staff were friendly, helpful, excellent. it is one of the reasons we love Thailand.

About 40 minute taxi from the airport. Don't remember the fare. Probably 200 baht?

Only complaint is not about the resort. If you don't use the Starwood Preferred Guest points you lose them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
KrabiSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Hello 'jcbrad',

First of all, thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to know you had a wonderful stay with us. I have to admit I am delighted that you have enjoyed our dining venues, our breakfast buffet and that you found our dedicated team friendly and helpful.

Thank you also for being an SPG member and your comment: Points wont expire as long as you show account activity once per year. And as you might know, there are plenty of options to use SPG points (e.g. instant awards, miles, miles or hotel bookings). I am sorry if that was not clear to you.

Thank you again – I hope you will return to us in the near future.

Chengdu, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We spent 3 days in this resort and have a wonderful time here, The quiet beaches , crystal clear sea , warm smile of the waiter and Beautiful garden , Left us with a very good impression in here. We tried 3 different style restaurant in this hotel and have amazing tasty and reasonable price. I believe next time I'll come back here with my family

Hallo 'Steven C',

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and photos showing our The Deck pool on a beautiful morning. Yes, please come back and bring your family along. If you need any assistance to plan your family trip, please do let me know.

Zuerich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stay at the Sheraton since about 10 years. In the last years lot of things got worse. Maybe new guests won´t see it, but for returning guests it s sad to see.
Here I would like to mention the breakfast: before it was extraordinary, now it s jsut average for 5-star. E. g. cheese - selection is totally gone. Fruit juice is lower quality (not fresh anymore). Selection of cerelas cut down. Seems they have to save a lot.
Another sad things are the newly renovated rooms. AVOID THEM, choose the old one. It was a crazy acrchitect who designed the rooms. Now you have 2 table and it s getting narrow. The tyles on the floor look cheap and are easiyl dirty. they added separate shower and moved bathub. means that the bathroon got 4 sqm bigger and the room smaller. Wow, you can open the wall between main-room and bathroom. so you can sit in bathtub and have great view to...to your bed.
The entrance area is very narrow because of some furniture, but because of this the staff cannot handle luggage problery, so everything is already scratched and bumped. All at all the bright wood is very sensetive and looks cheap. We won´t choose this again. The food in Gecko´s got strange as well: they now serve kind of design-food, means: small portions , decorated with something. that s for sure NOT mediterranean food.
Still no free wifi on the room, only in the lobby.

Room Tip: higher floors
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
KrabiSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hello 'Theodor111',

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback here on TripAdvisor. First, let me thank you for your loyalty! We always appreciate when our (returning) guests take the time to share their concerns with us so we can continue to improve our service and resort.

I deeply regret that you have not been satisfied with our recently renovated rooms. Guest feedback over the years indicated that our guest prefer a separate shower/bathtub. Thus, the open bathroom concept. Further, we are currently looking into amending some of the furniture. There is always room for improvement and feedback like yours definitely help us.

Thank you also for your comments in regards to your dining experience. Geckos is serving Italian food with a wide variety of pasta dishes, pizzas and classic Italian dishes. I have already shared your comments about our juices and cereal with our culinary team. We happily serve cheese plates; guest can just ask one of our service associates. The aim is to ensure a constant quality as well as reducing wastage during this time of the year.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback and your visit. Please reach out to me should you have plans to return to us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed in this hotel in the first week of Oct. We had very good time at the beach, in the pool and in the rooms except the restaurants. We had most of our meals in hotel restaurants - Mangosteen and Gecko's. The food was alright but the service was slow especially during breakfast. Our breakfast experience was disappointed as we had to wait for 10 mins to be attended and given a table (not just us but also another couple). We tried getting attention from the staff but they avoided eye contact. When we were at the food counter, most of the trays were empty :( no fried rice, no noodle, no fruits...etc. Well there were juices but no glasses. We asked for coffee and it was served quite promptly but there was no coffee cup. I requested milk for my coffee and the staff simply passed me the left over from next table.
It may be coincidentally the golden week holiday period and there was a significant increase in hotel guests number. However the hotel should have anticipated and be prepared for this. I understand the hotel manager do read the reviews sometimes and I hope s/he could have read my review and act upon it.

• Stayed October 2012
KrabiSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Hello 'karyche',

Thank you for sharing your feedback here on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to read that overall, you have enjoyed your time with us and were able to relax at our beach and two pools. However, I regret that we were not able to meet your expectations in our dining venues. Looking at your comment, I do believe that you have stayed with us during the Chinese Golden Week holidays during which the resort was fully occupied. However, this is not an excuse. I was assisting at breakfast and agree that we were not adequately prepared. I would like to ensure you that this has already been addressed with the team.

I cannot turn back the clock but I do hope you visit us again. If you have plans to do so, please reach out to me so I can make sure you enjoy all parts of your stay.

Ko Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have just returned from a 5 day trip at this hotel for a relexing break.
First impressions were not great.I was with my wife and we had to take our luggage from the car on our own ,nobody helped .Then there was nobody to say hello or welcome,no signs to say where check in was .We just walked in the entrance and found it round a corner to the right.Then when we checked in we gave the credit card we used to book and were told it was no use for some reason.My wife had then to walk out of the hotel grounds and go to the nearest ATM to get money which was about 5 minutes away in 7-11.Why does a hotel of this stature not have its own ATM??
After we finally checked in we were told that the room we were in had steps to get to the elevator level on the ground floor.I am a wheelchair user and informed the hotel of this when asking about the hotel,the hotel said that i would be able to change rooms the next day to a ground floor room.
This was not ideal but luckily i am not highly disabled and managed to get up the steps by sitting on my bum.( A note of apology and a bottle of champagne were delivered to my room later in the evening for my troubles.Which i must thank the hotel for,although i had to phone to find out why the champagne arrived as nobody said what it was for.)
The room was a sea view studio suite and was very nice and spacious,the bathroom was fantastic with large rain head shower as well as a normal shower and a large whirlpool bath near the window to relax in.The beds were great and had great bedding and the large terrace had 2 sunloungers and a set of tables and chairs.One thing i wasnt to impressed with was the lack of tv channels.For a hotel that i assume would have a large number of western guests there was only about 5 channels to watch on tv ,all the rest were thai.
The 2 other faults in the rooms were a.The internet ! Like most people have said it is 470 bht for 24 hrs if you want it in your room.I pay this for a month in my house in thailand!! Surely at a hotel that wants to be 5 star, guests should not be getting ripped off paying this to use internet in their room.Why not just put the room prices up a bit and put internet for free everywhere and then no one will complain?
b) The coffee machine in the room.It looks great and makes great coffee ,but ! It has no instructions on how it works or what the coffee sachets are.The hotel seems to think everyone in the world has one of these or has used one of these machines and will be able to work it.How difficult can it be to put a guide of about 6 lines of instruction on how it works beside it??
The next day my wife checked our room on the ground floor that we were meant to move to.She said it was the same size but had a far smaller terrace ,no loungers and it was set back about 60m from where we were ,in the corner of another block.Despite the steps to access our room we decided not to move as we didnt want to be further away from the sea and didnt want to be on the ground floor either.If you book a sea view room be prepared to see it ,but it will be obscured by the large numbers of trees in the grounds so dont expect a vast view of the sea unless you go to the beach!
The food at the resort varies quite a bit.The breakfast was great with a large selection to choose from ,the room service was your usual fare but i ordered twice and although it was ok there was no wow factor.I ordered a hawian pizza,it tasted good but the presentation was shocking! It looked like someone had cut a pineapple in quarters and 2 pieces of ham in half and just dumped it on the pizza! Surely it can take no more than 30 seconds to make a pizza look good.The other dish i ordered was a chickenburger,it looked good and tasted ok. But although it tasted homemade there was no seasoning in it and the only sauce to make it better was tomato or chilli so it was a bit bland.
We ate at mangosteens at night and the food was very nice,we had various curry and seafoods although they could have made them spicier.
The other place we ate was Geckos.Very nice restaurant in a nice setting.We had feta salad to start which was fresh but could have done with a better dressing to accompany it and then i had bbq chicken.My chicken arrived and looked great but as soon as i started to eat it didnt go well.The onion ring was solid and i couldnt bite through it,this i dont know how it was done as it wasnt even brown from cooking.The plate was cold hence the mashed potato and tomato/mushroom were cold ,where the chicken was roasting hot! Again nothing had seasoning and the tomato/mushroom had either been bought or not tasted.If i took a tin of tomatoes and 3 mushrooms and blitzed them for 10 seconds i would have the same bland mush.Not what i would expect from a top chef in a place like this.
The resort is immaculate in everyway from the grounds to the rooms,the beach and pool area are stunning and very quiet.The staff here are very friendly,all seem to speak good english and always say hello.The carts to take you around the resort are a great idea as it is rather a large area and are very handy after eating too much.
Outside the resort are a few restaurants and 7-11 but not much else.There are also a few restaurants and massage places about 500m to the left of the hotel entrance with a very good seafood restaurant at the bottom of the hill on the beach and a very cheap massage shop on the right halfway down the hill.
I would stay here again no problem as it is about the best hotel in the area,the Amari is nice but is very far away from anywhere.Here is a great place to relax or if you want to sit around the pool with your children most of the day,definetly not for party people.
2 more points.If you are staying i wouldnt bother with the extra club item as i never had the need to use it and to the hotel i would recommend some more lighting along the pathways to the rooms as it is very dark and not everyone uses the carts.

Room Tip: If you can afford it book the sea view suites and ask for the ones nearest the sea.
Hello 'ronaldo0',

Thank you very much for your visit sharing your detailed review with other travelers. I am glad to read that you would stay with us again and that overall, you have enjoyed your time with us.

I would like to apologize for the arrival experience and your room; we dropped the ball during the room allocation and thus did not manage to assign a more suitable room to you.

Thank you also for your comments in regards to an ATM and our TV channels which we will certainly take on board. Internet is free in the lobby, link@sheraton, Martinis Bar and the Sheraton Club. While I fully understand your feedback, I would like to add that our packages and prices are in line with other Sheraton and Starwood properties in Thailand. Thank you for dining in our venues and your valuable feedback which has already been passed on to our culinary team.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future and I hope you will contact me directly when you are planning your next trip to Krabi so I can make sure you have a wonderful stay.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is first time to stay in this hotel, my whole family members pretty enjoyed 5days there. Room is with nice pool/sea view, swimming pool is beatifuly, beach is the best in Krabi. Besides, the most impressed is greated by smile of all staff which makes us feel at home. Feeling of taking back what I lost (sun glass/cap/purse) is amazing. We will be surely back for holiday next year and strongly recommended to all of our freinds.

Room Tip: I stayed in 3rd floor of Build F, which is quite and have nice pool/sea view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hello 'yan t',

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to review our resort. I am glad that you have enjoyed your 5-days break and that we were able to return your lost items. We can’t wait until you are back for your second visit.

sheraton.krabi@sheraton.com

Been to Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!