We spent five days at this resort during our New Year's family vacation. The only bad thing I can say is having to pay that mandatory high cost fees (about $500 for a family of four) for the hotel's annual New Year's gala regardless of whether or not we wanted to participate. Although I have to say the food served and entertainment provided were great even though alcohol cost extra and none of the staff bothered to spell check their program before printing them out. Overall, our young kids (4 and 6 at the time) loved the resort. They enjoyed the Kids' Club. They would have spent every waking hour there had we not forced them to do other things like Elephant trek, island hopping, and some other day trips near the resort. Food in the resort restaurants were great and reasonably priced. However, we highly recommend the restaurants across the street and the one adjacent to the hotel (try the massages offered by the ladies on the beach in their make shift parlour). My husband liked their Thai massage (only for those who like getting beaten up) but they also offer soothing style massages (my six year old giggled during her half hour massage). We chose Krabi this time since we've been to the more busy resorts like Phuket, dirty Pattaya, and Bangkok. It is a bit more isolated. If you're there to shop, then Krabi is not for you. If you're there to relax, not be bothered by too many folks, not have the 'sex industry be in your face like in other places like Pattaya and Phuket), enjoy a quiet secluded family (or romantic) getaway in one of the most exotic places in the world where the US dollar can still make you feel like you can afford to buy things then Krabi is for you. Last bit of advice, don't be embarrassed to haggle. It's almost like a sport in most Asian countries like Thailand and expected. Thailand thrive on tourism industry. Therefore it is relatively safe to travel with small kids (just don't be surprised when old people pat them on the head - just a friendly gesture) and eating out at most restaurants is safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located on a peaceful, white sandy beach, our rooms feature every comfort to ensure a blissful stay. With a full range of activities and excursions we are the ideal choice for families and couples alike. Be as active or as relaxed as you like - try kayaking, rock climbing, diving, snorkeling, the heavenly Mandara Spa or lazing in a hammock by the Andaman Sea. Fabulous dining, live entertainment and warm hospitality await. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Krabi Beach Hotel Nong Thale
- Krabi Sheraton
- Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort Thailand