“Very Scenic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort

You added Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   155 Moo 2 | Muang, Krabi, Nong Thale, Krabi Town 81180, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
SCHOOL HOLIDAY PACKAGE
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nong Thale
Singapore, Singapore
“Very Scenic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Overall, had a very pleasant stay in July this year (thankfully it didnt rain). Good clean rooms (we stayed at the cheapest rooms which we immediately regretted). The gardens are lovely and the same goes for the swimming pool. The 2 resturants we dined in were the Indian one & the Italian one. The Indian one was disappointing with very poor service & food (you get much better Indian food across the road at the restaurant owned by a Nepali guy) but the Italian one was awesome. Good authentic food. the place is very kid friendly (we were traveling with 4 kids) and they tend to have a very good time. The breakfast spread was lengthy and fresh. The beach is a disappointment because of the rocks and it is very difficult to swim there.

Room Tip: Go for the Sea facing rooms, they are worth it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
KrabiSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hello 'easzee',

Thank you for your visit and feedback. Indeed, the weather in July was just amazing! I am truly sorry that we were not able to meet your expectation in Malati Restaurant and I have already shared you feedback with the team. At the same time, I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your dining experience in Gecko’s and Mangosteen's. I am particularly delighted that your kids also enjoyed their time with us.

Thank you again for your feedback – please do let me know should you have any plans to return to Krabi.

urs.lienhard@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Sheraton Krabi for 4 nights and it was a very enjoyable experience. The room itself was quite simple however it was spacious, clean and comfortable. The resort was beautiful, well maintained and vast. The beach directly in front of the hotel was lovely and was kept nice and clean and the pools were absolutely picturesque.
Buffet breakfast was great- plenty of variety to suit everyone. We also ate at Mangosteens one night for dinner and the meal was really lovely.
The hotel also offered a shuttle service for a small fee to Ao Nang and Krabi town. The bus driver was so lovely and friendly and one of the ladies was also kind enough to draw us a small map to show us points of interest in krabi town so we could make the most of our time there.

I really must say the highlight of our stay were the staff. Everyone who we passed always said hello and did everything they could to assist us in any way. They really made the experience that more enjoyable and we felt welcome from the moment we arrived.

• Stayed September 2012
KrabiSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Hello 'emmypetronie',

Many thanks for sharing your excellent feedback about your recent experiences at our beautiful resort. I am sure you can imagine that the team was delighted to hear your compliments. Thank you also for your comments about our location; we are indeed privileged to have one of the most private and exclusive beachside locations in Krabi offering stunning sunset views while bustling AoNang is only 15min by shuttle. So, it is my (biased!) opinion that our location is hard to beat.

I hope it was not the last time you have visited us and look forward to your next visit.

cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights this September, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

Positive about our stay -

It is a fabulous looking hotel upon arrival, and we were very pleased with our choice. We stayed in a beautiful suite facing the gardens.

The room itself was a twin (me and mum) and was decorated to a high standard, lovely sized bathroom and a small terrace to the front. All really nice quality fixtures and furnishings.

We booked a trip through the hotel to Kong Island which was wonderful, the speedboat dropped us off at the hotel's private beach which was rather 'james bond' and we really enjoyed the day out. We also booked an elephant trekking trip through the hotel which was again excellent and the elephants and staff at the facility were wonderful and the elephants were well cared for.

The hotel took you on a shuttle bus (200bht round trip) to Ao Nang town, which is well worth a visit for the shops and restaurants, the shuttle bus they take you in is not one of these awful clapped out things, but air conditioned and has seat belts..

The staff at the hotel cannot do enough for you, from check in to check out the staff were wonderful, they cannot do enough for you. In particular we spent a few days by the pool and were spoilt entirely by the waiters which was great fun.

Negatives about our stay

Internet was not complimentary. Having internet in your room/other public areas will set you back THB 470/day or THB 2568/week. Which i think is just silly, so we went without, although I did sometimes feel like I had lost my arm without knowing what was happening on the outside world.

Unfortunately our stay was disrupted by a full 2-day party with booming music, we had been sent a leaflet round the day before apologising for any inconvenience but we weres eriously not prepared for the noise (luckily on one of the days we went on a trip otherwise i would f been seriously looking for compensation for this)

Will I stay here again? Yes, as long as there isn't a 2 day party!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
KrabiSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Hello 'frankie1982',

Thanks for sharing your comments for all to read regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you have liked our rooms and enjoyed your tours booked through our dedicated and competent Tour Desk team.

Thank you also for your not-so good feedback. While I understand your point about the internet, please allow me to emphasis that free internet is available in the lobby, link@sheraton, Martinis bar and in the Sheraton Club. Further, I would like to apologize for the special group we had during your stay. Is the first time we had such a group and we realize that this has disturbed some of our guests.

By the way: A big ‘thank you’ for your kind comments from the Pool Team.

Please do let me know should you have any plans to return so I can make sure you have a wonderful and relaxing stay.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed from 12th till 16th Sept which is during the low season. Had originally booked the Club Room but decided to upgrade to a sea view Premium room for a nominal sum. Check in was reasonably quick and i could enjoy a cup of coffee and some cookies in the Club Lounge while they sort the check in.
The room is very clean but there are absolutely no drawers except for the closet for clothes. It will be quite troublesome/messy if you are traveling with spouse/partner or with family. Personally i think the room could do with more decor and colour. There are no pictures of any kind but the walls are textured and so was part of the flooring. Room space is comfortable for 2 person. The guest buildings look bland to me and you couldn't tell that you are in fact in (beautiful)Thailand. The hotel grounds are immaculate and very clean. So are the 2 swimming pools. All staff are responsive and polite. I had no problem in communications.

Breakfasts was at mangosteen. Selection is adequate and delicious but nothing really special.
Tours could be arranged easily at Link@Sheraton. I had used it but my excursion was cancelled due to bad weather/lack of people.
The Club Lounge is adequate as well.
Location of the hotel is excellent in my opinion, right on a clean private beach and just about 15 mins to Ao Nang. Ao Nang itself is plenty safe,good size, lots of shops and plenty of eats.

Yes , i would recommend this hotel and location to friends and family and i would like to come over again (soon)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hello 'seeliang',

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. Great to read that you have particularly enjoyed our two pools, the team and our unique location. We have realized that some of our newer rooms could do with more storage space so we are in the process to add drawers. I am sorry to hear that your tour was canceled due to the weather but hope you understand that the safety and well-being of our guests is our highest priority.

Yes, we hope you return soon so you have also a chance to visit Krabi’s beautiful islands.

Oslo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Staying here for 7 nights during September, we do feel we have a lot to write about.

At check in, we were offered an upgrade to a Premium Sea Facing Studio Suite at an additional THB 1200/night. As this was our honeymoon, we decided to go for the little extra. Looking at the rates you’ll find on the internet, the upgrade price we were offered at check in was very competitive.

The suite was lovely decorated, very spacious (twice the size of a Club Room) and had all the amenities we would expect. Bathroom was awesome with double sinks, hot tub, large shower area and closets which you could open from both the bathroom and bedroom side. The living area had a new 40” flat screen with a surround sound setup, very nice for those DVDs which you could borrow at Link@Sheraton. Disappointingly, an iPod dock was missing, which is fairly common to find nowadays in hotels.

As always, pillows, bed sheets and linens at Sheraton are fabulous. On the other side the mattresses were not of the best quality and lacking a decent top mattress making you lay almost directly on the springs. I expected more from a Sheraton bed in a suite. If the bed got replaced in the refurbishment, it is disappointing that it was not invested more in the sleep quality of guests. Another element that would influence sleep quality is the thin door facing the outside hallway. You will hear your neighbor’s going in and out and people talking making it difficult to sleep in undisturbed.

When booking with Sheraton, we knew that Internet was not complimentary other than in the Club lounge, at Link and at the lobby. But the distances you’ll face in this hotel made this more inconvenient than we had thought. Our room was about 300 meters from the lobby so you couldn’t just swipe by to check your e-mail before you go to bed. Just something you should be aware of if you’re an internet junkie. Having internet in your room/other public areas will set you back THB 470/day or THB 2568/week.

Club Room and Suite guests enjoy access to the Club Lounge which will serve complimentary drinks and evening snacks from 5pm - 7pm each day. We thoroughly enjoyed the lounge and found ourselves there for two hours almost every night. Drinks and service was very good, compliments to the Club Lounge staff.

Restaurants at the hotel were fine, nothing extraordinary. Breakfast was adequate in choice, but very poor in service. Breakfast staff seemed uninspired and was more busy with cleaning tables without guests than tables with guests. Every time I went for some more food, my last plate was always there when I got back. We did try both Mangosteens and Gecko’s for dinner. Prices are of course a little higher than outside the hotel, but nothing outrageous in my opinion. For 2 people with appetizer, a main course and a drink, we paid in average THB 1500-2000.

If I would have ended my review here, this would easily have been an 4 star rating, but unfortunately our stay at the Sheraton was disrupted by a full 2-day party that sounded like Scooter and Punjabi MC had joined forces playing continuously and at maximum sound level. Our room was a good 3-400 meters away, but while in our room it was “ka-dunk ka-dunk” nonstop. Relaxing or napping at the pool area would be impossible during these days. Management did notice guests that some noise would occur, although I feel notifying did not justify.

I fully understand that you could have weddings or other similar events at a hotel and that it can produce a little bit more noise than usual, but this was way over what is acceptable in my opinion. Although music is a matter of personal taste, I believe that something that sounds like an Indian/East European rave party isn’t suitable for a resort of this style.

On day 2 of this event, we had enough, so we decided to head to the Phulay Bay Resort (Ritz Carlton) for some true relaxing and fine dining. This was a truly recommendable and memorable experience. When we got back at around 11.30 PM, music was still playing at a high sound level. Luckily, I had intoxicated myself with some French bubbly making sleeping easier.

It seems like this Sheraton hotel has private and corporate events as a secondary income source, so don’t be surprised, if you’ll find your stay reduced in value by this.

Will I stay here again? Probably not.

Feel free to write me if you have any questions.

Room Tip: Room upgrades offered at check in is good value.
Hello 'MrOslo',

Thank you very much for your visit and the time you have taken to review our resort; we appreciate feedback, because it helps us to enhance our service and resort.

Great to read that you have taken the opportunity to up-grade on arrival; depending on available rooms, our up-sell offers are indeed very competitive and come with great benefits. I am glad that you liked our suite; we have replaced the beds as well so it is the newest version of the ‘Sheraton Sweet Sleeper’. Thus, I regret that you did not find the bed comfortable. Thank you also for your comments in regards to the iPod docking station and the doors. We will certainly look into it.

While we have only a few groups per year with outdoor functions, I would like to apologize that the group you are referring to has disturbed your holidays. It was indeed a special event and I do understand your point.

Thank you again – I do hope we have a chance to welcome you back. If you have plans to do so, please do let me know so I can make sure you are well taken care of and have a wonderful stay.

Sydney, Aust
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Check in went very smoothly and the young lady who did the check in was also very helpful in giving us lots of information we may require. We requested a renovated club room on the top floor and that was exactly what we got. The room was very spacious, clean, bright and modern, as was the bathroom. Our only gripe about the room is the lack of storage space - no drawers or shelves, just a small wardrobe to hang some clothing. In the whole scheme of things this truly wasn't a big deal and unpacking and having put away neatly is important to me.
The beach here is one of the best I've ever been to, with beautiful warm gentle currents and soft sand underfoot, it was idealic. The pool also was wonderful and we particularly like the poolside cabanas as they gave a shadey relief to the hot sun.
The restaurants were great and although more expensive than outside restaurants, we didn't find them over priced and the food was excellent.
We loved the staff here at the resort, they are all friendly and happy with smiles all round. It truly is lovely being looked after by these wonderful people and I hope management appreciate them.
The Sheraton Club Lounge was open nearly all day every day with alcohol and food served for a couple of hours each evening. The drink choices were good and the food on offer was a hot hor's dourves with a selection of cold crudites and dressings. The staff here too was lovely, but it was a shame that we had to speak to managemnt about one young man who made us feel quite unwelcomed to the point of almost being blatantly rude. He did though have a complete turn around in attitude and did seem to treat everyone with the same happy attitude as the rest of the staff.
We booked the Phi Phi island all day tour through the hotel and it was excellent. We were picked up from the hotel at 8am and taken to the speedboat. We visited many beautiful places for snorkelling and taken to lunch ata restaurant on Phi Phi with some free time for exploring. We returned to the hotel at 4.30 and we would definately do this again next time.
I'd strongly recommend you stay at this wonderful resort if you are after a quiet peaceful holiday in a magnificent paradise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
KrabiSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Hello 'Ruinedout',

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your experience with other travelers here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that you liked our rooms and enjoyed your time with us. By the way, we are currently exploring options to maximize the storage space in the room you have stayed in. I am also thrilled to read that you have enjoyed dining in our restaurants. Thank you also for your feedback regarding your Sheraton Club experience which I have already addressed with the team.

I have also passed on your compliments to our dedicated Sheraton Tour Desk team – I am sure they have another recommendation for you when you return…

Thank you again and till next time!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I will start by stating that I can not understand what anyone could want that they did not get here for anyone that leaves a less than 5 star review, although as we drove ourselves from Krabi airport, the one thing that could possibly be looked at it the position of the Sheraton sign. We drove past a couple of times before finally seeing it as the taxi stand out on the street often have a van parked next to the sign, and the only one visible driving past is the King and Queen of Thailand. This is not a complaint, just a suggestion as I know most people would be picked up or go by taxi and therefore not applicable to most.
Now to check in, very friendly, happy staff welcomed us and when seeing that we had club benefits soon took us into the lounge for check in and a welcome drink etc. We were then shown to our room and which had a beautiful heart towel with orchids on the bed, and orchids in our beautiful big spa in the bathroom. The view from our room was terrific, beautiful pool and sea views past the lovely gardens. Of course the grounds are extensive, and can take a bit of walking to see it all, but the staff were great, and even when we were out walking we had them stopping in the golf carts trying to get us to go with them, and pool staff asking if we would like them to ring for a ride for us. All staff were so friendly and never passed without a smile and hello.
Our first stop once settled in was the infinity pool, and bar, what a place. I wish I had noted the name of the barman, he was such a great guy, so friendly and chatty and made great cocktails. Our first visit we did not have any Thai money with us, so could not give him a tip, so asked if he was working the next day, but he was going to Phuket for a training day, so we made sure we went there the following day while he was working to give him a tip, as he could not do enough for us. While down there we ordered cheeseburgers as we had not had a chance to have lunch and they were one of the best we have had anywhere, and I can not understand the people who have said the prices are high here, maybe compared to some cheaper places on the streets, but compared to Australian bars, let alone resorts, they were cheap, and definetly worth every cent.
One thing we did not like, and that is my fault as I did not read the description, just thought I knew what I was ordering, like an ignorant tourist, the banana splits there are not like those here in Australia, but on the wall advertising them it descibes precisely what it is. To us a banana split is a banana cut down the centre with ice cream scoops and topping, cream etc, but the ones here are in a parfait glass with dried small bananas mixed in with the scoops of ice cream and cream. I did not like this, but I am sure that a lot of people would, and as I have said this was my fault not the resort or staffs.
The pool was so warm, and even when there were a few people there it was not crowded as it was a lovely large pool, and it was so nice standing at the edge looking at the gardens and the beach. The hammocks in the grounds were so comfortable, and the sea was like walking into a warm bath. The beach and sea even at 7 am were so inviting, no waves, just gentle ripples, I didn't want to get out of the sea, but did make the effort to go back to the pool. lol
The afternoon tea and drinks in the lounge was a nice way to finish up a day.
We didn't use the spa, although we were given a free milk bath for our anniversary, just couldn't find the time to fit it in.
The breakfasts were extensive, the pancake and egg stations were great, and the amount and quality of the food could not have been better.
We also used room service, and this too was cheaper than we had expected as we had read reviews about it.
We hope to be back here next year, and will be staying a lot longer. This is a place I would happily recommend to anyone.

Hello 'Merrilyn1617',

I am delighted to hear that you found so many areas of our resort to your liking; I have already shared your positive feedback with our dedicated team. Thank you for your suggestion in regards to our signage.

Please do let me know should when you plan to return so I can also make sure you have another great stay and get a ‘banana-split’ Australian style...

urs.lienhard@sheraton.com

Been to Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!