“Beautiful location, breathtaking views,excellent staff and oh so relaxing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beyond Resort Krabi

You added Beyond Resort Krabi to your Saves list
Beyond Resort Krabi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   98 Moo 3, Klong Muang Beach, Nong Thale, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Nong Thale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rotherham, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful location, breathtaking views,excellent staff and oh so relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I just had to write this review just to thank everyone who works at the hotel that they are doing a fantastic job! We spent 2 weeks at this hotel and yes there were things that the hotel could improve but these are minor.
We arrived in the morning and was welcomed with a drink and cold towels. The receptionists were friendly and spoke good English. We didn't have to wait long to go into to our room. We had booked a deluxe sea facing room on the 4th floor in the main building. The room was fantastic and we loved the walk- in shower. The room was very clean and light with a kingsize bed. Yes I admit the matress was hard but you get use to that. The room was cleaned daily nice touch having complimentary water every day. Some people have complained about having to take a beach towel from the room was wrong with that! There were always clean towels for us to take down to the pool so what is the problem! The balcony ws beautiful and the views were to die for, sitting with a drink watching the sunsetting was magical. I do admit that I like a really private balcony which in the main building you do not have due to the glass sides, but this is my own preference.
The staff were always friendly and welcoming. They tried to help when I found out I lost my phone on the plane when I arrived at the hotel. They said they contact the airline and posted us a note through our door saying that nobody had handed in a phone but would keep trying for us. Sometimes when asking at reception the staff didn't really understand but I know they are trying to improve in this area.
The breakfasts were amazing. Various cereals, fried eggs, boiled eggs, omlettes, bacon. Various fruits, yogurts, danish pasties I could go on and on. I didn't know what to choose next. Don't really know why other reviewers slammed the breakfast. Never queued once for the 2 coffee machines, although they are not the quickest!
We ate twice in the hotel in the evenings. We stayed for the Italian night and Kebab night, both meals were lovely. It is more expensive in the hotel to eat and drink and I feel that they could lower their prices to compete with the restaurants just outside the hotel.
The pool was superb very big so it was never crowded with always plenty of beds. Staff came round and offer you drinks. The beach was really private and peaceful. We went to Ao Nang on the shuttle bus 200 bht for 4 hours. Very different and busy,if you like busy this is the place for you, if you don't stay round the hotel.
Lovely restaurants round and about. To the left there are a selection of mini markets and restaurants our favourite was the Beach House. Take a right out of the hotel and walk for ten minutes there are more shops and restaurants, this near the Shearton hotel. Our favourite was Maya at that end.
We did have a massage in the Kanda Spa cost around £50 for an hour. This is situated on the 4th floor in the main hotel, Our room 1402 was opposite the Spa. It is more expensive than the massage places outside of the hotel, but it is worth the money and there are no hidden extras!!
What they could improve on..
The reception area. It is a lovely airy reception, but as it is situated on 5th floor nobody really uses it. I think if they had a bar, people would use it before and after they had been out for meal.
When walking to the pool and beach you have to walk through the breakfast area. There is no way you can walk around the pool to get to the beach other than wading through the pool. I think they need to rethink the design.
Other than that I would recommend this hotel to anybody. This has been the best hotel we have ever stayed at and I would like to say thank you to all the staff and Claude (we never got the chance to meet you) to say this in person, but I think you are doing a brillant job. Thanks again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BeyondKrabi, General Manager at Beyond Resort Krabi, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Jeanette,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at the resort. Thank you for the detailed description also on the surroundings and the availability of facilities that make a stay at Beyond Resort Krabi even more enjoyable.

Some of the new team members speak better English and with now a foreign Assistant Manager in each Front Office and Food & Beverage, communication with the guests is further improving. I am glad to read that the improvement we made to the service around the swimming pool is noticeable.

I have noted your comment about the mattress. We do have toppers available for guests who prefer a softer bed. We will ensure that this is communicated to the guests. Thank you for having mentioned it.

We have now opened the Kafe Lounge on the 5th floor where guests can enjoy freshly brewed hot and cold coffees and teas as well as other drinks. An afternoon tea menu is on hand as well and of course it all comes with a fantastic view.

There is an access to the swimming pool from the other side of the pool but for guests staying in the Deluxe rooms in the main building this is a bit of a walk. We are looking at creating another access from or from near the building later this year.

I am sorry we did not have a chance to meet but I would make sure we do so during a future visit.

Thank you again for your stay with us and for your review. We will be delighted to welcome you back to Beyond Resort Krabi in the not too distant future.

Claude & the Beyond Resort Krabi Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We arrived for the first time here and the reception was nice and friendly. We got cold towels, a welcome drink and also a selection of fruits during we did our paper work.
There was also the German speaking Oliver as kind of guest relation officer who welcomed us and helped whenever we had a small problem.

The staff : almost everybody spoke English there and it was absolutely no problem. A few people who did more the cleaning or garden work might not speak English but everybody you had to deal with.

We stayed in a villa which was spacious and charming. The view was not very exciting but then we should had booked a seaview villa which we didn´t. The rooms were very clean and had a lot of different towels and everything in a very good condition. There were also shampoo, soap, conditioner etc (why some people complain here that they did not offer anything ?).
The prices in the minibar were fine and acceptable.

For the villa you might have a better view if you take the place up but you have to step up high which might not be very good for older people or people with small children.

We only made something wrong in the resort : We ate most outside in the small restaurants but on the last day we ate in the hotel and food was absolutely great and we regretted that we did not go here more often (The pasta carbonara is better than in most places in Italy - I tell you).

About food I give the hotel kitchen really 5 stars.

Food inside and outside :
hotel restaurants 5 stars
Coconut 3 stars
Mother House 2 stars
Bei Freddy + Jürgen 2 stars
Baan Thai Seafood 1 star
Gajanana 5 stars (10 minutes walk right from hotel opposite Sheraton Hotel)

Another good thing in the hotel was that the hotel general manager was always visible and took care that everything works fine. In the past we had been in many other top hotels but the GM was hiding somewhere in office. Not this one : another big plus.

One suggestion to the GM
-----------------------------------
It is very disturbing when the guests reserve already in the early morning the sunbeds. Even when we went at 8.00 am to breakfast most places were reserved and those people finally came out to their reservation place at 10 or 11 am.
We had been last year in a good resort in Koh Chang were the management wrote : All sunbeds are free but you cannot reserve it in advance. You can reserve two sunbeds before 9.00 am for a fee of 500 Baht. We found that great because nothing was reserved :-)

Room Tip: We would take the lower place of the villa.
Dear Frank,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to post a review. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at our resort.

Thank you also for your kind comments and for the good rating about the food in our restaurants.
Thank you also for your feedback about the reserved sunbeds and for suggesting how to improve the situation. We will look into this and find a way to improve this so that more guests are pleased about it.

Skipton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Me and my wife booked beyond resort for 2 weeks in jan for a belated honeymoon

It was a long drive in the taxi from the airport,but when we arrived and saw the front of the hotel it looked amazing with all the lanterns lighting the way up to the reception.

Was greeted by very nice freindly staff and then we were taken to our villa.

The room was very nice but when we looked out the window there was no view,only a view of the hotel entrance and a large wall with aircon fans everyware.

The wife was quite upsett as she imagined a nice view,there was also nothing extra as a honeymoon couple,(we imagined rose petals on the bed and maybe a cheap bottle of bubbly?)

So we went back to reception and asked if we could move to a better room,we was told to come back the next day early afteroon and they would try and move us.

We went back the next day and they moved us to a much better room with a view of the sea and pool,wife was a lot more happy.

Breakfast was amazing so much choice!

Pool was very very nice, but you need to sort the lights in the pool,with my goggles i could see some of the lights and wires hanging out.

The hotel was right onto the beach and it was very nice.

Overall a great place just a little dissapointed about not getting a little bit of extra fuss because it was our honeymoon.

We would love to go back but if we can save enough money.

Thailand exceeded our expections by miles we love the place and the people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BeyondKrabi, General Manager at Beyond Resort Krabi, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for having taken the time to post a review. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at the resort.

I have noted you comment the pool lights hanging out in the pool and I will ensure this is fixed and the checked more frequently.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for having missed the opportunity to do something special for your honeymoon while staying with us. Please do let us know about this when you book a return visit and we will make it double-special next time.

Thank you again. We look forward to hearing from you and to welcome you back to Beyond Resort Krabi in the future.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Spent 3 weeks at the hotel. Booked accomodation via sawadee ( no problem!) in "cottage rooms". It turned out that the rooms are in "the midle of nowhere", very dark ( no interior lights). I have tried to upgrade accomodation and received 2 time the answer " .. we will see what we can do for you". So I had to stay in this awfull rooms. Never chose it. Other rooms are very nice and with good view. Service and staff is good . SPA is hidden somewhere in the main building so that you can't find it and price is too high. Restorant at the hotel change offers every day , quality and price is reasonable. Swimming pool is nice and big inough.
The Hotel have best location, quite and nice, close to small village with 3-5 good cafe. There are two good cafes on the beach.
I woud come there again and would recomend this hotel if you need compromise between hidden placed and overcrouded villages.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for having taken the time to post a review. We are glad to see that your stay at the resort. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the lack of follow-up with the possibility of upgrading to a higher room category. I will work with the team and ensure that any communication issues with guests are resolved.

We are glad to read that you would stay with us again. If your travel plans bring you back to Thailand, please do feel to contact us directly and we will be pleased to assist with the necessary arrangements. We will be delighted to welcome you back to Beyond Resort Krabi in the future.

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just returned from 10 night stay at the Beyond Resort after travelling from Vietnam and Bangkok and as the 'relaxing' part of our travels. After reading several reviews we were a little concerned about this hotel. Please, don't be worried if you are planning or have already planned your stay here. This is a lovely hotel and on a beautiful beach with stunning views. Service is fine; a little slow sometimes but, hey, you're on holiday so relax and take a chill pill.

Check in was fast and efficient. However, we had booked into the cottage rooms and make no mistake, these rooms are without doubt the 'poor relation'. They are situated away from the main building, close to the main road, and bare no resemblance to the Beyond Resort. The rooms are spacious but poorly fitted. I could have tolerated that but the location was the main issue for us. We spoke to Oliver in reception and negotiated a room upgrade to the main building. This added a hefty chunk to our bill but was worth, in our opinion, every penny. Once settled into our new rooms (the next day) our holiday 'began' for us.

Other reviewers had mentioned poor selection at breakfast. I can only assume that they must eat breakfast at the 'Ritz'!! There was as much, if not more, choice than any of the hotels I have stayed in, and I have stayed in smart hotels all over the world. There is something to suit every taste. We had lunch several times in the pooside restaurant and it was of good quality. There is a nice restaurant on the beach towards the Sheraton which has a cooling breeze during the day. We had lunch there several times and the food and service was always good.

One word of caution (and I think the hotel need to make this clear) - wine is not included in the 'happy hour' deals. We did not realise this and no one bothered to point it out whenever we ordered wine! Our bill reflected this! Wine is generally very expensive in Thailand so check the prices (about £30 for a bottle of very average chardonney). There is a 7-11 near the hotel so stock up with your favourite tipple and put it in the fridge in your room. We had pre-dinner drinks on the balcony every evening before going out. The hotel don't seem to mind this and will even give you limes and ice if you ask nicely (and give a little tip now and then).

The pool area is beautiful and we did not have a problem getting beds. I loved the pool; it was wonderful to sit in the jucuzzi and read a book - heaven.

If you prefer to eat away from the hotel, as we did, there are plenty of restaurants on the main road in front of the hotel. I can highly recommend 'Coconut' and 'Mothers'. Both service and quality of food was very good in both these restaurants. If you want a change get a taxi (negotiate the return fare) into Ao Nang. We were told this resort is a 'dump' but that's a bit harsh; it's just very busy and comprises one long road full of restaurants/clubs etc. I would say, more for the young than us 50 somethings! It made a change and there is a good selection of goods to take back home.

Take a trip on a long-tail boat in front of the hotel - it's not expensive and well worth it. Hong Island and Pappaya Island are the closest and beautiful.

Given all the pro's and cons I would happily go back to this hotel tomorrow and as I sit here writing this review and looking out of the window at the rain and sleet, I wish I was there now!

Room Tip: Avoid the cottages!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gill,

Many thanks for your recent stay with and for having taken the time to post an extensive review.

We have started an upgrade of the Cottage rooms. This includes partitions on the balcony to offer more privacy, additional lighting in the recessed ceiling and replacing the existing shower curtain with a glass door and glass panel. This will give the room and the bathroom a much better feel.
I am sorry to read about the Happy Hour incident. The 50% discount during Happy Hour is applicable to all beverages on the drink list which does not include the wines. Please accept my apologies for this. I will ensure the staffs explain this to our guests.

Thank you for all your kind comments about our resort and also for the detailed description of the surrounding area.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Thailand, please do feel to contact us directly and we will be pleased to assist with the necessary arrangements. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Beyond Resort Krabi in the future.

köln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

we spend ten days in this resort and it was very nice. The staff are freindly and many speak so much english thet you can explain what you need.
We stayed in a villa and after having a problem in the first one we had no problem getting another room.
The guest relation agent Oliver was very nice and helpful and present moust of the day. The hotel manager were also seen all over the grounds,

The villas provide you with toiletrees like bodysoap and shampoo and bodylotion, and nice fluffy towels, you also get towels for the beach.

We have nothing but good to say about this resort and can recormend it

Room Tip: we had a villa first up and then we mooved down but both were okay
Dear Madam,

Thank you for having taken the time to post a review. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at the resort, the facilities, amenities and services offered. Thank you also for having mentioned Oliver, our new Assistant Front Office Manager. With his experience and commitment, I am sure that we will continue to improve our service at the reception and in the lobby area.
Thank you again. If your travel plans bring you back to Thailand, please do feel to contact us directly and we will be pleased to assist with the necessary arrangements. We will be delighted to welcome you back to Beyond Resort Krabi in the future.

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We chose this hotel after an onsite inspection, as the one we were staying was not a beach resort. The first night we stayed at a cottage room. Reaaally basic in all aspects (room size, bathroom and almost not existing amenities). To be honest it didn't worth the price we paid (almost 100 Euro).

The next day our travel agent back home found us a garden villa costing much less than the cottage room, so we immediately moved into this room type and we didn't regret it. It was big, more amenities, nice view and close to the beach. A real catch.

The sea and the pool are just AMAZING. We enjoyed every moment in the clear waters and when that was not possible we ...had to move the the impressive pool.

Thought the breakfast is average and the servive - especially around the pool - which is the epicenter of the resort life, is at least poor. Most of the times we had to go to the bar and order. There were at least 5-6 empolyees who were either talking to each other or looking at their phones but nobody bothered to walk along the pool area and see if anyone wanted something. Another amazing example: 4 ouf of our 6 nights stay, the pool shower was "decorated" with 1 shampoo and 1 shower gel that a guest used infront of me and NOBODY by the staff cared for 4 days and nights to remove it.

Bottom line, I would go back because of the location, the superb waters and the pool.

Room Tip: 1. There is a great Thai restaurant on the beach. Just turn left on the beach exit and you will find...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your recent stay with and for having taken the time to post review. We are glad to see that you generally enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured that we continue to work hard to improve the service standards. We have more new staff in the restaurant. Also the service around the swimming pool has been reorganized recently I will ensure that this is properly supervised. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the lack of service you have encountered. I am sure that you will notice improvements during a return visit.

Claude & the Beyond Resort Krabi Team

Been to Beyond Resort Krabi? Share your experiences!