When we arrived in the Check Inn Resort Krabi we only planned on staying three nights. Not by accident our holiday stretched to 10 glorious days! (We even came back a day early from our stay at one of the local islands because we felt so "spoiled.")
The large, light, airy rooms were impeccable and the beds were great. Normally when we travel, my husband and I don't often bother with maid service but I have to say we took full advantage; the bathroom and the tiles sparkled and everything was so fresh and fragrant! Although we didn't use it much, the kichenette was really nice and having a fridge to keep our fruits and drinks cold was an added bonus.
The beach located across the street was beautiful and quiet, unlike the busy AoNang that we had just come from. It's a great place to get away from the crowds but still have access to plenty of good restaurants, bars and shops. It was wonderful coming in from the emerald, salty Andaman sea and hitting the crystal clear pool for a swim and a drink, then hanging out on the balcony before dinner.
But, what I have to say really made our stay at the Check Inn incredible was the personalized service. The manager, Christopher, spoke fluent English as well as 11 other languages. (I was a little skepical about this but I swear he greeted every person that walked through the door in their native tongue.) Despite the fact that we'd been in Thailand two weeks we were miserable picking up the Thai language and most of the other people in the service industry that we met were unable to speak English so fluently. I mean travel books help but to get the low down from a real person was great. Christopher patiently answered all our questions and never made us feel like we were a bother. He or Ann, another incredibly helpful person, arranged all our transportation, tours, and day trips for a very reasonable price. They even helped us make reservations for the next leg of our journey.
I would consider my husband and I to be "seasoned" travelers having been throughout North and South America, Europe and New Zealand but I have to say we have never had the personalized service like we did at the Check Inn Resort Krabi. It started to feel like home. We are not ones that typically go back to an area that we've been to but I have to say we have already discussed returning next year. We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Check Inn Resort Krabi is centrally located for the most convenient access to the many natural wonders of the province, including lush tropical rain forest, pristine beaches and crystal-clear water, perfect for snorkeling, scuba and ocean kayaking the many caves and grottos that dot the area. Feel the unique comfort we boast in our deluxe rooms, decorated in soft Asian style wooden deco. All resort guestrooms feature 1 king-size bed and 1 queen-size beds, with a balcony overlooking our garden and the poolside. Enjoy your tropical paradise in a free-form swimming pool with refreshments and light snacks from noon until sundown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo and Despegar.com so you can book your Check Inn Resort Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Check Inn Resort Krabi Hotel Nong Thale
- Check Inn Resort Krabi Thailand