“OK,” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Elements Krabi Resort

You added The Elements Krabi Resort to your Saves list
The Elements Krabi Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   189 Moo 3, Klong Muang Beach, T. NongTalay, A. Muang, Nong Thale, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Nong Thale
Harrow, United Kingdom
“OK,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.

Location - While it's a bit of a distance from Ao Nang, the purpose of this hotel is to rest and relax, for that, it certainly is in a good location. Although the local beach is not somewhere you would want to spend your day on, it is very stony!

Hotel - It's a bit smaller then what I expected, but the advantage of this is that is also isn't over-run which makes it (as it did with me) a good place to put your feet up. There is a shuttle bus that runs to Ao Nang as well as other places which is recommended, otherwise you will have to pay 500 THB one way (ouch) to get to Ao Nang. Staff where friendly enough, but on checking out, myself and my friend experienced we where overcharged for various items (£50 for laundry in one case), which didn't add to the experience. If you decide to stay here, I would recommend hiring a moped as it makes navigating around very enjoyable (and cheaper) for 300 THB a day. Breakfast was comprehensive, offering a buffet and the usual goodies.

Room - I stayed in a Premier room with pool access which was excellent, it was large, spacious, had a hot tub/jacuzzi to help ease away your day, just what the doctor ordered.

I would say I don't think I would stay here again, considering the cost of our stay, I would suggest somewhere which had a better beach on it's doorstep! Tup Kaek beach which is 5 minutes away offers this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the elements krabi resort about 2 weeks ago. The staff were excellent...all were very friendly and helpful especially Justin. He gave us very useful information and was ever willing to help. Another person whom I must mention is Faun (not sure how to spell her name :) ). She is an excellent masseur - I must say that I have experience many a thai massage and she IS THE BEST!! I would return just to have the massage again.

The room is vey spacious and we had a wonderful view of the pool and the ocean. It was a very relaxing holiday. If you want peace and quiet, then the Elements is the perfect place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We booked to stay at The Elements after looking at reviews here and the good deal on cost, and for the money, we were certainly not disappointed. The Hotel Staff (Primarily Justin) were amazingly friendly and helpful. Sorted transfers to and from town, beaches, trips, etc. The room was large and clean with a balcony onto the pool which was really nice. It was peak season, but we genuinely only saw about 6 other people in the hotel in total, usually not more than 2 or 4 on any given day. It made it vrey peaceful, but it did lack the buzz, and made dining in the large hotel restaurant a very strange affair.

The food at the hotel is excellent. Stick to the local Thai offerings and you will not be disappointed! Its not cheap, but its worth it. We did to their Thai cookery course which was great fun also, but it was a bit more of an assembly class than a cookery class, and it was quite expensive. I think we were the first to try it out, so perhaps there is room to boost it up a bit! We also had an aromatic body massage at the spa which was great.

One thing to say, is that this hotel is not on a beach - however there are frequent free bus rides to the nearest beach which was really nice and peaceful with a great view of the islands. I would recommend going in the afternoon though, as the tide gets very low in the morning and makes swimming pretty impossible. Also, use the shuttle to go to town, there is nothing at al near the hotel unless you fancy renting a scooter.Its pretty dark at night so wouldnt recommend walking.

We arranged a trip to Hong Island (day trip) which was excellent. We booked through the hotel, but used a company we spotted in the brochures in the lobby as it looked excellent. We had a great day out at various islands with everything included, would highly recommend! From memory, it was PhiPhi tours i believe - they had a double spread blue brochure if you spot it. Another couple we met did the same trip but booked through the hotels agency and their feedback was that it was way too short, so i think we got the better deal. Also, everyone in the area always books to go to Phi Phi island because it was on TV, but from what we saw and heard, its not any nicer than Hong island, and packed with way more tourists and boats. Not what you want from a paradise island trip i guess!

On the last night we went to town to eat at a "famous" local restaurant called Lai Lay, which had excellent views of the sea at sunset (approx 5:30-6pm). The food wasnt all that, but we had a really nice time, definately worth visiting if you ask the hotel to call and reserve a seat by the edge.

All in all we had a great relaxing time at the Elements, and for the price, im sure you will find it hard to beat.

Room Tip: There are 3 blocks, one is for the suites, and 2 are regular rooms. One block looks over a garden, a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Really nice setup and people were friendly. Food was exceptionally good...much better than those at Ao Nong. They give quality value for money food. Also, the rooms were spacious and nice. Great for kids too as we had 4 kids all below the age of 8. There is a bar aread with kids toys and wii games too. Must visit the Tubkaek beach. Down side none except that about 20min from Ao Nang but then again...its give u the time to rejuvenate.

• Stayed November 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We bought the deal from Groupon and went on the trip early November.

I was very disappointed with the hassle caused by the management. I extended one night from email and they told us the extra charges and we were to pay during check out. We paid everything but the extra night. Staff at reception told us NO there is no charges. We insisted so many times YES THERE IS and they still said NO and you can leave. So we did and we left them a good tip.

The next day they sent me an email asking for charges. So when I travel back, I transfer the money based on the details they sent me with extra charges because of foreign transfer. Everything is confirmed and the transaction was done and they told me it is not their bank account.

This is totally unprofessional and I was truly disappointed.

The hotel environment was quiet and it's quite far from town, good for family visits thou it's a little creepy at night. Maybe because we went during the low season?
The information book in room was a little misleading because it was wrote since year 2010. Not very helpful for tourist like us who don't know anything about Thailand.

Pool was one attraction as it's the only choice you have because the beach out there is really bad (you wouldn't wanna go). Plus it's located nearby construction site where I think there's some mining-work around the area.

The hotel staff was friendly and there's a girl who work night shift have been helping a lot.

Food at the restaurant was ok when it comes to Thai food, the western food instead was not up to standard.

Tuk tuk was sky high price and renting motorbike from the hotel is the best option at reasonable price (300batt per day) to go around. Otherwise you could go with the free shuttle provided by hotel according to their timetable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Had a lovely couple of days at The Elements; booked as a (very) last minute deal to have a weekend out of Singapore. The resort is about 35 minutes away from Krabi airport and the welcome is every bit as homely and sweet as other reviewers have said. The staff couldn't have been lovelier, particularly Justin, who is a true credit to the resort.

Rooms: I booked a Superior room (very white walls, few silks here and there - not very 'Thai') but was upgraded to one of the Suites, which was a real bonus and much appreciated - particularly the private pool and jacuzzi (shared with 6 other Suites). Very secluded and very restful part of the resort, and beautifully decorated. If you can afford it, book a Suite.

Grounds: Wonderful grounds and top marks to the groundsmen. A true oasis. The resort is not large, but there are little nooks and crannies and gorgeous water features and masses and masses of greenery. Extremely peaceful.

Pool: Is bigger than it looks in the photos, and is more than fine for a few laps up and down (if you can be bothered). Not many beds though so I don't know how that would play out in high season (the beach outside the hotel is not very nice at all).

Food: Thai food in Thailand is generally amazing but the food here was truly exceptional. The curries and salads were very spicy (fabulous) and even the humble chicken satay came beautifully presented with pineapple and small little shot glasses of homemade satay sauce... the chicken melted in the mouth.

Extras: Great Thai massage for 90 minutes of pure Heaven and very reasonably priced. Good selection of (not new but classic and watchable) DVDs. Pretty decent wine selection. Great linens and pillows.

Negative: The layout is such that when you're laying by the pool, you are facing in towards the main accommodation building, and consequently immediately overlooked by each and every room. It's personal taste entirely but I found it uncomfortable. Also you can't look out over the sea, only inwards towards the building, which I found very disappointing but my own fault for leaving it to the last minute.

All in all, I would definitely return to the Elements with my book and a healthy appetite. I arrived frazzled and in need of some TLC. I left relaxed, happy and rested. Perfect.

Room Tip: Whack it on a credit card and get a Suite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was our 20TH wedding anniversary ,We travelled during the low season (high season is Nov-Mar) so it was extremely secluded, private and serene, really good for couples. We wanted a quiet, relaxing getaway for 3 days and The Elements gave us more than what we expected. The Elements is about 30-40mins away from the Krabi airport, On the resort, the rooms are well maintained, well mannered staffs and especially Justin and who works front office.It's was rain season before moon cake festival after the full moon the weather were sunshine.We stay for 4days 3 night. We have a very good memories and enjoy our holidays.Justin was the one who can give us a very good idea and plan ,thanks guy !!! Regarding the hotel facilities was as brochure .......

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Elements Krabi Resort? Share your experiences!