“Staff was OK but tacos cold and salsa from a jar” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 31 Restaurants in Malvern
Cuisines: Mexican
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Staff was OK but tacos cold and salsa from a jar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The staff was friendly enough but the food was very generic and not hot. I ordered 2 hard shell tacos and one soft taco. The plate everything was served on was cold thus the food, if were hot in the kitchen, didn't stay that way. The hard shell tacos had cold, unmelted grated cheese along the top. The soft shell taco had a cheese sauce that was also cold once delivered to the table. My wife had fajitas and she said they were just OK. Nothing special. They were served on a steaming hot plate which at least kept the meat warm. The salsa is like a cheap version of store bought salsa. Nothing fresh and I didn't like the taste. Chip were good and they delivered chips and salsa to the table as soon as we sat down. Food prep time was less than 10 minutes.

This place was recommended by a local so it must be good some of the time. I recommend that they heat their plates. If you go here maybe ask them to serve your HOT food on a HOT plate? Hope it's better for you.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Nashville, Arkansas
“Love the Classic Nachoes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My favorite nachos anywhere. Service varies -- sometimes fast and good, sometimes slow and not so good, but the food is always great so I keep going back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
United States
“Good Food Fast Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Looking for some Mexican food and found this restaurant. We were seated immediately, ordered and the food arrived within a few minutes. Food was warm and tasted very good. The waiter was excellent.

Visited December 2013
Mavlern
“Never Going Back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I went to eat dinner here one night. He ordered a fajita steak (med rare) salad and I ordered a fajita chicken salad. We waited for over 10 minutes to get our drinks and 40 minutes from the time we placed our order to get our food. The place was not busy, Wednesday Sep. 18 about 4:45 pm.

When we got our food his steak was very cold, like it had just been pulled out of a fridge. The steak was also well done. We told the manager we did not want to eat the food because it was not satisfactory. He made us pay for out two drinks (sweet tea and a sprite) even though we were in the restraint for over an hour in total just trying to get two salads. The manager did nothing to try to make the food right he said that's how the fajita salads come.

I could have cooked a steak and chicken, made the salad and have the dishes clean in that about of time we spent driving into town and waiting on the meal.

I will not be going back!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
United States
“Awesome Experience, Thanks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I flew into Arkansas to surprise my mother for her birthday. Chile Peppers worked with me in hosting a surprise birthday for her ~ on a Friday night, no less! We had about 30 friends and family meet at the restaurant and they were great! The staff was at the top of their game. Great food and great service. Thanks!

• Visited September 2012