“Canoe trip 2007.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hartley Bay Marina

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in French River
Hartley Bay Marina
You added Hartley Bay Marina to your Saves list
2870 Hartley Bay Rd, French River, Ontario P0M 1A0, Canada   |
Chatham, Canada
“Canoe trip 2007.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I am writing this little story because of rating I read. I strongly disagree with the fellow who put down Hartley Bay owners and their employees. When I and a friend went to spend a week on the French River we felt as though they could not do enough to make us feel at home, they helped with all our gear, laughing and joking with us all the time. They were very helpful with pointers on fishing and best camp sites. I am returning this year 2014 with my son and stepson. I can't wait. I believe if you are rude or act like a no it all and don't listen to the camp owner and their employees you will not enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Sorry we canoed and camped along the river.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We've been going to the marina for years. The family and staff are great and making sure everyone has a great and safe experience is of utmost importance to them. All questions are answered and they will guide you to make sure you know where to go on this extensive and remote river system. The people there work hard and long hours to enable us to be playing. Keep it up everyone!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I went with my wife for a canoe week in the French River Delta in August 2013. The staff was very helpful, friendly and answered each of my 200 questions with endurance. Even my dog got some cookies for free from the boat house staff. Considering it is a monopole business as the access point for the Delta i didn't find the pricing too hefty. They took well care of my car while is was canoeing and even made a nice start and finish photo from me and my wife. The French River Delta is an amazing and beautiful place and the Hartley Bay Marina is a good start into the vacation! We'll come again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a top notch marina! The service is always quick and friendly. We are regularly impressed by the staff's knowledge and excellent customer service. There is everything you need to get going on the water and all the assistance you could dream of. The Palmer family is a resourceful one and always willing to go the extra mile for their customer.My husband, my children and I look forward to many more trips on the water via the Hartley Bay Marina!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am terribly disappointed in the hartley bay marina's customer service and completely unprofessional interactions with me as a customer. I was there a couple of years ago and had also found that the staff spoke to me in a very rude and condescending manner. I told myself the owner was just having a bad day and went on to have a good weekend in the beautiful french river.
Coming back this year with friends after a parking misunderstanding involving someone else's truck being confused with my own, I was shocked at how I was spoken to in a totally unacceptable manner by the owner once again. I politely told him that there was no need for him to get angry at me. Then once inside to register I told the cashier that I thought it was really wrong to be talking to a customer the way I had been spoken to, he became extremely rude and defensive and said "well we can end this transaction right now"!!!
Wow! I have never been treated like this and were it not for being a planned trip with friends I would have turned around and left right there! I was also over charged by one night upon leaving but chose to just cut my losses and leave in order to avoid another confrontation.
In my opinion, these people do not deserve to be running a business if they continue to treat their customers that way, and stongly suggest others in finding somewhere else to enjoy the french river. It's a shame because I enjoy the area but I can say that I will definitely NEVER GO BACK to the Hartley bay marina.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HartleyBayMarina, Guest Relations Manager at Hartley Bay Marina, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We're sorry that your experience through our marina was not a great one. Providing friendly and courteous service is high on our list of priorities however we have rules and policies in place to ensure the safety of all persons and vehicles on our property and unfortunately we have to enforce them from time to time. We thank you for your feedback.
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have been using the Palmers Marina for years to get to our family retreat on the French River. Prompt service both launching our boat and pulling it out and they always make the hassle of transferring stuff from our car to our boat a breeze. Also great for gas, water, and ice all week long. They also fixed my trailer for me while I was boating for the week. Saved me a day trip into Sudbury and fixing, more time to speed with the family. It's is a great family run resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you are looking for a great place to fish,swim and have a BBQ while enjoying the beautiful view of the French River, this is the place! Cabins are clean,well maintained and very comfortable.The staff are all friendly and very informative, they make you feel part of the family. Marina staff are quick with all your fuel,bait ,etc. needs and there is plenty of dock space for your boat. Summer time wild blueberries are everywhere, can't beat the taste of wild blueberries. Great fishing all around bass, pike, pickerel etc. Nice place to relax for a couple days,even a week, don't forget your camera,it's worth the visit to Hartley Bay House and Marina.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hartley Bay Marina? Share your experiences!