“Great night” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Derby, United Kingdom
“Great night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Food was really good and I especially enjoyed my beef and mushroom pie. Family said they enjoyed the food they had although on the night we went it was national pig day so they had a special menu on and my brother had the hunter pork with BBQ source. He said the sauce was to over powering and that's all he could taste.

Apart from that it was a really good night to celebrate my dad turning 50.

One thing I would say is they needed more staff on that night.

Visited March 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely atmosphere, hearty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Really enjoyed our lunch here, friendly staff, warm welcoming atmosphere and the food is flavoursome and great value.

I had read a few negative reviews before coming , but thought I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did, we all enjoyed our food and it just goes to show, reviews are not objective they are purely based one persons taste and expectation. I don't profess to speak as a culinary guru, however I can't see anything wrong with this place it's honest, tasty,hearty food in a lovely setting.

I hope to return soon

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Vistied when staying nearby.
Lovely friendly staff, good quality drinks, charming setting and all in all a very nice pub!

Visited February 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“GREAT VENUE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

While staying locally, we booked a table for new years eve after seeing there would be live music later on in the evening, we arrived at 8pm and the place had a great atmosphere and were made to feel very welcome by the lady serving on the bar. We ordered quickly after reading the specials board and both decided on the Barnsley chop which was fantastic! followed by an Eton mess which we shared this was equally as good. The music started around 9.30 although the singer was young and seemed a little nervous had a great voice. All in all we had a great new years eve and would recommend the Tiger to anyone.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“very poor service in half empty restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Had visited this old favourite in the past and booked a table for New Years Eve.
Service was very slow and totally disjointed which was surprising as it was half empty.Waited well over an hour for the main course and even then the meat was served with a wait of 15 minutes for the vegetables resulting in cold meals.

The steak was very nice and tender , the pork was overly fatty and tough. No one asked if our meals were OK and no one seemed interested in us at all.
Desert portions were particularly small.
The pedigree was not too good.

Hopefully with a bit of work the pub will get back to what it was.

• Visited December 2013