“Is it an inn, a musueum or a fine restaurant? Its all of these!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Seamer
Cuisines: English, British, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Copper Horse is proud of its reputation of being one of the best places to eat. Our creative Evening menu features a variety of Traditional and Modern English Classic dishes together with Seasonal Daily Specials, and we offer Lite Bites for Lunch, Children's and Gluten Free menus, all packed with local and regional produce that showcases the best of Yorkshire food. Traditional Sunday Lunch with a choice of Roasted Meats with all the trimmings are served every week.
York, United Kingdom
“Is it an inn, a musueum or a fine restaurant? Its all of these!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Great food in a traditional inn, but with a difference...the theme is around an archive of original theatre posters and memorabilia collected over many years of the shows in Scarborough. Worth a visit to browse the history of theatre alone, but with excellent contemporary cuisine as well, this is a MUST VISIT place. The restaurateur clearly has a passion for theatre as well as food. Unique.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great British pub grub.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011 via mobile

Superb pub to dine at. The food is excellent and tremendous value for money. Service is second to none. Well done Copper Horse!

scarborough, yorkshire
“could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Went to the copper horse for our wedding anniversary in august, most of the meal was really nice but overcooked vegetables just dont do it for me sorry, also been several times before but they just dont seem to get everything right at the same time service can be really slow but the steak is usually really good although usually overcooked when i have ordered it.

Visited August 2011
Huddersfield, UK
“Delicious Food - Small Portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Myself and my partner visited The Copper Horse on 13/11/11 and arrived at about 8.20pm, we were asked if we had booked a table, which we hadn't and so were asked if we minded eating in the bar area rather than the restaurant, we were fine with this and so took a seat.

We ordered Salmon dusted with cajun seasoning and scampi, we waited for 50 minutes for our food, which isn't a problem IF the food is satisfying, hmmmm, this is where Copper Horse becomes more of a Copper Donkey.

My partner's salmon was beautiful, however the portion was tiny and was literally a piece of salmon on top of a dollop of root mash with a drizzle of a white coloured sauce. My scampi was gorgeous, the batter was the best I have ever tasted, light and not the slightest trace of grease. However, the portion was small considering it cost 15.85 pounds, the chips and salad that accompanied the scampi were not delivered at the same time as the meals and I had to ask twice when they were being served, this resulted in us waiting for roughly 7 minutes for the rest of the food to arrive, which by this point had meant that my partner was half way through his meal.

This kind of service really winds me up and if anyone had of asked me if I was happy with the meal I would have told them that this had spoiled our enjoyment, however we were not asked.

We went on to order desserts which were apple and berry crumble and chocolate fudge cake, these were exquisite and the portion size was good for the dessert however one spoon of ice cream to accompany the dessert was a little tight considering they were 5 pounds each.

Along with our meal we had a large coke and a red bull, the total price for the meal was about 42 pounds, we did order another round of drinks, however the waitress said that she would come and take our drinks order and never returned.

In all fairness to the Copper Horse, a lady at the table next to us complained about the portion size, a lady (I'm guessing the Manageress or Owner) spoke to the customer, apologised for the fact that she was upset with the portion size and offered both the lady and her dining companion a free dessert to make up for it, which they refused and so one round of drinks were removed from their bill instead.

I get the impression that on the night of our visit we were unfortunate to arrive towards the end of what had been a very busy day for the Copper Horse and I believe they were probably also understaffed.

In summary I would visit the Copper Horse again, if the service was more slick (it was more headless chicken service) and if the portion sizes were increased.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
HQHospitality, Public Relations Manager at The Copper Horse, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you for your comments, we take all customer feedback seriously.
I'm sorry that you felt unhappy with some aspects of your experience at The Copper Horse we are looking into the issues that your raised and hope you will try the Copper Horse again in the future.
Telford
“Excellent food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We were shown to our reserved table which was situated in a very pleasant dining room with a good atmosphere (lot's of chat but not noisy). A good varied menu and wine list (also real ale on draught at the bar) The food in my opinion was outstanding. The staff were a delight. I live 200 miles from the Copper Horse which prevents me being a regular diner here - unfortunately.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
HQHospitality, Public Relations Manager at The Copper Horse, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on the Copper Horse. We are very happpy you enjoyed your experience, its always satisfying to hear good feed back from the customers, and hope to see you again when you visit the area!