“So glad the wife made me stop...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Leslie
Cuisines: Bakeries
Little Rock, Arkansas
“So glad the wife made me stop...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We have passed by Serenity on our way to and from get away weekends to Big Cedar Lodge in MO. Yesterday on our way home to Little Rock my wife finally made me stop. I am glad she did! We spent most of last leg of our ride home talking about the lunch we had at Serenity. My wife and I split a bowl of the Lentil soup and a free range turkey sandwhich on sour dough. We picked up some other goodies to go inlcuding a stellar lemon tart. First the soup -

I am not a big lentil soup guy, but I am now at least as it comes to Serenity's soup. The right balance of zip and sweetness with a hint of delicious flavors I am still trying to identify. I said to my wife "this soup is the best soup I have had since...errr...ummm...I can't remember the last time I had soup this good." Does this mean it is the best I have ever had? I don't know for sure, but it is close. Their sour dough bread the cornerstone of their baking really is as good as the other reviewers have said. Slightly toasted, it went perfectly with the lentil soup.

The turkey sandwhich was stellar. Frankly, I wasn't expecting much since rarely is a turkey sandwhich that exciting. The vast majority of the time it is lunch meat anyway. Boy was I wrong. It wasn't a turkey sandwhich, but really a turkey pannini.They start with their stellar sourdough bread and add free range turkey hunks. Not sliced lunch meat, not mystery turkey parts, but what looks to be pieces from a roasted bird. I kept listening to hear if they had birds running around the back of the building as the turkey tasted that fresh. The turkey including a slice of melted swiss and and delicious cranberry-mustard.

On the way home, my wife and I shared the lemon tart. I about ran off the road at my first bite. The perfect balance of tangy and sweet, with a buttery, but not greasy, crust. I have always hated the term sinfully delicious. I always thought it a cheesy term thought up by marketing people. However, after the lemon tart I wanted to stop off at the nearest church for confession. It was that good.

My wife and I have been discussing doing a day trip up Hwy 65 this coming weekend to check out the antique/junk shops along the way - along the way to Serenity for lunch that is.

• Visited January 2014

“Cute little bakery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We always stop by here on our way to Eureka Springs for some pastries and bread. In addition to being an awesome bakery, it's a bit of a gourmet shop. You can find the most fun and random things in there. Focaccia bread is amazing.

• Visited August 2013
Clinton, Arkansas
“Pastries to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Love their homemade pastries,bread, organic coffee,and the good selection of organic foods :) They also have a dinning area and nice handcrafted items made by local artist. But get there early because those yummy pastries ,sell out fast :)

Visited July 2013
Harrison, Arkansas
“Worlds best bread !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Dave and the gang have it all together ! i stop in and pickup a loaf of bread and some cookies every trip through. last trip they told me they shipped UPS , now i get it delivered to my doorstep. thank goodness for UPS now i dont have to wait til i go by there.

• Visited January 2013
Juneau, Alaska
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is the most delicious bread! I'm sorry that it isn't located in a larger town, but it is totally worth the drive!

Visited October 2011