“White river fishing trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Lakeview
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hartford, Wisconsin, United States
“White river fishing trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am a regular visitor to Gaston's. I stop in when I visit the White river to Trout fish. I experienced the same friendly service and high quality food I have learned to expect from previous visits.

Gaston's is located in a pristine location in the heart of the Ozarks right on the shore of the White river. It's ambiance, location, and high quality menu set it apart from the competition of the expected BBQ places found along the highways in the area.

I was a little disappointed in the fact that the salad bar is no longer included with their moderately high priced entrees. It reduces the "value" grade. Still a must place to go if you find yourself near the Bull Shoals Dam in Lakeview, AR

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hartville, Missouri
“EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Yesterday was my husband and my 29th wedding anniversary. We had heard great things about this restaurant and checked out their website to look at business hours. We decided to drive there last night for a special dinner, and arrived a little after 7:00 p.m. The drive took us about 2 1/2 hours to get there. Upon arrival, there were a lot of cars, and you could see inside the windows at all the people there. Excited about being able to eat at such a beautiful place, we got to the front door and noticed a "hand-written" sign taped to the door. It was CLOSED due to a private party. Again, I looked at the website and found nothing about being closed. We were very very disappointed and ended up eating at a little place along the highway!

Visited July 2014
Lynchburg, tn
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

When we arrived it was 3 pm. We drove from our lodge in Cotter Ark. Only two other parties were there. We just didn't get that welcome feeling. The hostess, well, she was just rude. We waited too long to be seated and greeted. We all had spaghetti. Drinks were not kept full. Apparently a big party was coming in shortly and everyone was very worried about making sure it was right. Although the food was not bad. I wouldn't drive out of my way to go back. The waitress was nice enough. There was no old
Fashioned Southern hospitality here.

De Soto, Missouri
“Slow, Slow, Slow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Have been going to Gaston's for about 12 years. Over this time we have noticed a down turn in the service and the food quality. The service was horrible the last time there. We came in for Saturday brunch, simple correct? Wrong, the buffet was poorly stocked and then you have to order your main dish you want. If and when you get this it might be correct. There was 12 in our party and we were there for an hour and never did get all of the food we ordered. The last order to come out was French Toast, not hard to cook but took 45 minutes to get. I will not go there again for there brunch and dinner this trip we went to Club 178 in Bull Shoals.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Plainfield, Illinois
“Good food, ok service, VERY slow!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Food here is good and reasonably priced. Service in terms of quality and speed seem to start best at breakfast and get worse as the day goes on. 30 min wait for food at lunch (burger) and dinner was a disaster. 45-60 minute wait for food, forgot the appetizers, server forgot drinks, didn't serve 2 of our friends until after we were done eating! If the resort management could get the restaurant under control this would be a top notch spot!

Visited May 2014