“Worst Hotel Ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lake Village
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Worst Hotel Ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

We stopped here to check into the Ramada and our first impression by the lady working at the front desk was rude, unprofessional and not courteous at all. She put us on the second floor where there was not air conditioning in the hall. THe A/C was also not cold in the room. The room was filthy, the comforters were old and stained. The carpeting was torn out and there was a piece of carpeting square laid on top for a patch. We asked the lady at the front desk if we could get on the first floor and she told us she had no rooms available on the first floor. There was one car in the parking lot and it was 8:00pm at night. I would never stay here and she was going to charge us 70.00 for thsi room. We ended up leaving and chose to drive longer versus staying in this dump! The front desk lady needs to be fired.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

I have stayed here every year for 5 or 6 years while attending a family reunion in the area. It had gotten run down but has changed management and they are doing a good job of cleaning and renovating. The furnishings and linens have been nicely updated, and the the lobby and breakfast area is also much nicer. The breakfast was extensive, fresh, and well-maintained, and there is excellent wireless internet. And the manager and staff were helpful and accessible. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

After walking out of the Southern Inn (aka La Villa...better to sleep in your car), I walked in the lobby and got a nice, clean room at the Ramada. We enjoyed the pool, and we were thankful to find it to be clean and that our air conditioner worked very well. They served a breakfast downstairs, but we didnt' get there. Should we have to stay in Lake Village again, we will definitely consider the Ramada if the State Park cabins are booked again.

The only negatives I found were: very hard beds and the hotel did not have an elevator. It was only a 2-story building, so I hate to complain. But, when you are hauling luggage in and out of 90 degree weather, it was hard!

Southern Inn isn't even listed here, but here are the things you need to know : bugs, strange white powder, mildew, and "Buyer Beware." And, don't even ask for extra towels!

• Liked — That it was available and clean.
  • Disliked — No elevator and the hard beds
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

Once a year for the last eight years or so I have stayed at the Ramada Limited and each time I enjoyed my stay. I come there for the Crawfish Festival held in Dermott, AR and a chance to relax and unwind. The hotel is under new management and I had a chance to meet the owners. The staff at this hotel are a wonderful group of people and some I have come to know from my many visits. Yes, I will also be here this year.

Stayed May 2007
Kenner, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

I am with the Kenner 9 yr old Allstars baseball team from Kenner, Louisiana. We won a spot in a 16 team regional tournament in Crossett, Arkansas; a small town with very little to no lodging. We spent many hours searching for a place to stay and finally found enough rooms to meet our needs in this Hotel in Lake Village which is 45 minutes away from Crossett. We were nervous based on the other review of this hotel and wasn't expecting much. It turned out to be the best decision we could have made. The people at this hotel went above and beyond service and I thank them for everything they did for us. The rooms, pool area and loby were very clean and the laundry room was perfect for cleaning the boy's dirty uniforms. The hotel was also blocks from a beautiful lake. Once teams were eliminated we had a chance to move to a small hotel in Crosset, but chose to stay where we were. It was no luxury hotel, if that's what you are looking for. But if you are traveling through Southeast Arkansas and need a nice, reasonable place to stay, I recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The hot hallways
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2004

Over the Labor Day weekend I had numerous relatives who stayed at the Ramada Inn Limited. None of the three rooms we had for that entire weekend (Friday - Sunday) was clean. All three rooms had maintenance needs and smelled of mildew. Roaches (dead & alive) were observed in the continental breakfast area. Given the limited locations for overnight stays in Lake Village and the fact that this is the newest of those locations, it should be essential to the tourism of that town that this inn make every effort to turn this situation around.

Been to Days Inn Lake Village? Share your experiences!