“Bed bugs!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lake Village
Conway, Arkansas, United States
“Bed bugs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Room 221: 1:30 AM Saturday July 7, 2012 I was awaken by something that felt like a bug on my neck. I turned on the light on the nightstand and almost had a heart attack. My pillow and the fitted sheet was covered in bugs. Screaming I told my husband there are bugs in this bed. He jumped up picked up the pillow and the bugs fill out like rain. I ran to two other rooms to check on my children. There was also a few bed bugs in the boys room 220. The girls room seemed to only have ants and they told me about finding a dirty used towel in the shower earlier. I ran downstairs and told the night attendance we had bugs in the bed. He told me that they don't have and have never had that problem. I told him to get to room 221 now. He walk in and stayed some distance from the bed, look at the blood spots on the sheets and said " those are bed bugs bites. I'll be right back I'm going to get you another room." If you have never had that problem how do you know the blood is from bites. I didn't know, I just thought it was one more nasty thing of them not to change the sheets. The blood was from the bugs biting me and my husband. The manager says they have never had a problem with bed bugs before. My body and several people says differently. I'm told there is always a problem with room 210. Now they can add rooms 220 and 221 to the list.
On Sunday morning during check-out room 220 and room 221 was opened back-up and made ready for people to check-in.

Room Tip: Room 210, 220 and 221 have bed bugs
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Let me start off by saying, and I qoute the maids that work there, and see by my own eyes and my family. The maids said "Room 210 gets bed bugs all the time,and ppl always complain about it, the manager just says spray it down because I am still renting it out". My moms and Dads room had it (BIG AND LITTLE BED BUGS, there was blood on the sheets from them thats how bad it was) in room 221, my brothers had it in room 220 and my room 222 had ants everywhere. The manager told us we must have brought all the bugs with us.... really funny thing is maid and the janitor was telling us it was a normal thing and the manager would tell us that we brouhgt it with us. Also my room did not have a microwave and a fridge in it when we ask them to bring it out they acted as if they didnt want to do it. This expierence was horrible and I will not ever in my life go there again even if it was a last place to lay my head before i became homeless. There is no ac in the hallway upstairs so it very hot and in the stairs ways because there is no elvator so dont look for one. If you look on their page for reviews they only have the good ones posted(DUH)!!!

Room Tip: just dont go!!!! period
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lake Village hotels

Charlo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Rooms were older but had new tvs and were pretty clean. Breakfast not too great but otherwise my stay was fine.

I did meet the manager and he was very nice! Overall pretty nice place for the price.

• Stayed June 2012
Judsonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

This motel was just average in my opinion, especially for a ramada. My wife and I spent 7 days there in May/2012. Let me see, what should I report? The manager doubled booked our room one night, so some man was seen trying to get in our room. (fortunately we had fastened the dead bolt). If that was not bad enough, shortly after that incident, the manager rudely told my wife by way of the room phone, (about 11:00 p.m.) that we would have to leave the room (supposedly for that man that had tried to break in), or we would have to pay for another night (which had already been paid for). Problems of a lesser scale included hair in bathtub, no towels, sink stopper that didn't work, bathtub drain plug missing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Solomon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Room #107 has modern upgrades: flat screen tv, microwave oven, refrigerator, hair dryer, Keurig coffee pot in room, modern furniture and decor.
The room was clean.
The shower/bath area really could use some upgrades.
On Highway 65 We didn't see a bill board.
5-6-12 room charge $71.96 + tax = 81.31.
Affiliated with Wyndham Worldwide Hotels, Inc.
In this area of Arkansas there are very few motels to choose from. This would be a recommended place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I spent April 1st and April 2nd at this motel and the room was above my expectations however manager was very rude. I was out of my room from 10:45 AM until 4:00 pm on the 2nd and when I returned my room had not been cleaned.I called the front desk and I am sure that I was talking to the manager who rudely told me that my room would not be cleaned. He said that housekeeping left at 2:00 pm and that I had a do not disturb sign out. It was only out for 30 minutes about 10:00 am when I was changing clothes. I told him that I was not going to pay for a dirty room which had no clean towells and he said that he would charge it to my account using my credit card image on record. I advised him that I would dispute this with my credit card company. He then slammed the phone in my ear. About 5 minutes later the manager and a lady stormed into my room and said they would clean it. I went to the lobby and when I returned the manager was more civil. This person needs a course in anger management.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Hot Springs, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We went in to get a room and we declared that we did have a small Cocker Spaniel. I discussed the $25.00 charge they have for pets and the worker agreed to make it $10.. extra for our dog. After settling into our room (that smelled of tobacco smoke), my husband took Tanner out to do his doggie thing and before they made it back the manager woke me up YELLING at me on the phone. He accused us of lying and that we would have to pay $200.00 for having the pet. We talked for a moment and he said he would call me back. He did - and woke us both up......... GEEZ! After telling him we would be happy to leave, but would not pay for our lodging or anything more for our dog, he agreed we should stay and that he was going to talk to his employee. By the next morning he had come around to our way of thinking and we paid nothing extra.

Next problem: There was little food for the Extended Cont. Breakfast. He is too cheap to put food out for his customers to eat for breakfast. ie: 4 pieced of bread, 2 donuts, no jelly, no milk and six people in the dining room at the swam time.

Room Tip: Ours was fairly clean, but hallway was dirty.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Lake Village? Share your experiences!