Marari Beach is part of the portfolio of the CGH group of hotels, a company that focuses on sustainable eco-tourism and interesting, unique experiences.
Each creates a unique, memorable experience for the traveler in search of the off-the-beaten-path journey. Spice Village, for example, offers an opportunity for guests to go cardamom harvesting in the hills with the local tribes. At Marari Beach, they pick fresh vegetables from the farm, and cook with the chef. At Kalari Kovilakom, a complete Ayurvedic cleansing awaits.
As owner Jose Dominic explained to us over dinner at Marari, he is in search of the less than 5% of travelers who seek the unpredictable, the magical, and the unique. More than 95% seek standard fares. But Jose’s customer base, once seduced, remains loyal forever.
There is also a deeply thought through philosophical premise to the entire CGH Earth experience. It respects the environment and the community. Everything is sourced locally. Architectures are conceived or restored according to local themes. At Marari, for instance, the roofs are made of coconut palm leaves. They last only 18 months, and have to be redone. Jose likes that. Coconut palm is abundant in the region, and the re-thatching every 18 months provides employment for the villagers.
Colors are simple, elegant, blended with nature, in coordination with local traditions. There are white saris with gold borders, green saris with red blouses, and white sarongs on the men. The staff looks comfortable, at ease. Their warmth suffuses the guests in a sense of well-being.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Marari. The pool villa we stayed in was beautiful and relaxing. And the beach is pristine, well maintained, lined by coconut palms. Mr. Subramanium, the General Manager, was solicitous and extended warm hospitality. We will especially remember that girls at the restaurant - charming!
- Also Known As:
- Marari Beach Hotel Alappuzha
- Marari Beach Hotel
- Marari Beach Resort Kerala/Mararikulam, India
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An eco resort run by CGH Earth on the beach at Mararikulam, kerala ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Marari Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.