“Economical accommodation at its best” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Valeria

You added Casa Valeria to your Saves list
Casa Valeria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Dr. Rosen # 28 | Sosua Domincan Republic, Sosua 57000 Sosua El Batey, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
B.Y.O.W. and X-mas dinner
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Sosua
Toronto, Canada
“Economical accommodation at its best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at the Casa Valeria for 4 days on a business-related trip to Sosua, and have already booked a return visit. The whole place is spotless and very well managed. The rooms are located away from the street, and have every convenience that I need, including a mini-fridge stocked with a wide range of beverages. The bathrooms look ultra-smart with trendy German glass sinks and counters. My only complaint was the difficulty in getting the mechanical stoppers in the sink drains to engage in order to fill the sink bowl with water. The water continually leaked down the drain. Also the television set was quite loathe to be activated. The location of this charming boutique hotel could not be more central. Virtually everything in Sosua is within a short walking distance, including several fine beaches. The selection of breakfasts is quite remarkable, and the quality of the food excellent. Indeed I recommend dining in the restaurant, not only because the food is well-prepared and tasty, but hotel guests receive a 10% discount on lunches or dinners in the restaurant.Any way you look at it, this place is a bargain not to be missed.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, except #1 has a small bathroom with no hot water to the sink; the shower is...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have been traveling to the islands for 20 years. This is our second time staying at Casa Valeria in Sosua Dominican Republic. The hotel, restaurant and staff are impeccable. We highly recommend Casa Valeria to anyone traveling to Sosua. Thank you Arien and Diana.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The rooms are impeccable in cleanliness, the location perfect, walking distance to everything you could possibly want. Its secure, and the pool is clean and grounds are also perfectly kept.. Dutch run hosts are incredibly gracious and helpful. The restaurant too is well run and menu is varied and exquisitely prepared. Its the tucked away secret I almost dont wish to share.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We loved the place! To the manager, Frank(originally from Sweden), to the chef, Wilson and all the staff, we thank you for your friendly attitude and great service. Originally, I had booked via internet a room with a two queen beds at the Sea Breeze for my family and extended family from the Dominican Republic(my wife's Dominican.). They had advertise new rennovated rooms. We took Caribe Tours from Santo Domingo to Sosua where I had a rental car waiting with a driver. I have made many trips to the D.R, so was familiar with some of the Do's and Don'ts in the DR. One of the Do's is once you find a trustworthy source for travel, rentals, etc. stick with it if you feel you are being treated well and fairly. Anyways, once we arrived at the Sea Breeze, we find the place way below expectations. The rooms with two beds were very small and not rennovated. NO WAY I was staying there even if $65/night! We started our search for another place but given it was holiday season, we were having no success. I decided to stop at Casa Valeria. Originally, I thought this to be a nice place when viewed over the internet, but they were booked. I stopped at front desk and Frank was there. To my pleasant surprise, the ghotel just had a few room camcellations. Frank and I worked it out so that my family was able to stay in two separate rooms in close proximity for the 3 nights we required. It worked out for all. It was unexpectedly very quiet for a place in Sosua. The accomodations were very clean, the pool as well. We ate breakfast there two times. The food was good and reasonably priced. Overall, I would rate high based on prices, accomodations, etc. They have limited rooms, so book early if you plan a trip. We plan to return. The Patterson family from Pittsburgh PA and DR.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Altamonte Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I loved staying here. It is very easy to get to and right in the heart of Sosua. My girlfriend and I stayed here the first week of December for 3 nights. It was very good. The owners are around and it's nice to see they're so vested in their property. Our room was tucked away and I loved it. It felt like coming home instead of coming to a hotel. I think when she requested the room she asked for a king bed and while we got a queen we decided not to say anything since they put us above another couple and away from the single travelers that tended to come in late. It rained most of the time but it was still great. The restaurant was awesome. It was pricier than something you can find in Puerto Plata but still very inexpensive compared to the U.S. I have absolutely no complaints and highly recommend anyone to stay here you will love it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

It's 1.5 blocks away from the night life and you don't hear a sound of it. Centrally located, very well maintained, and excellent staff. I will always stay here when in Sosua. Got the feeling they book full so might be tough at last minute.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

First stop here and this place lived up to the TripAdvisor hype. From the terrific staff, to the nice/clean accommodations, to the excellent cuisine....this place has it figured out! Well deserving of all these excellent reviews on here.

Casa Valeria maintains a high level of class so this place is great for families, couples and singles. For the 'downtown' area, you won't find a more peaceful place to stay. If you book here, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Casa Valeria? Share your experiences!