“Lap o' luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Sosua, Dominican Republic
“Lap o' luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

A very stylish and chic place right on the water with a drop-dead view. The chef is Chilean, and serves up food that is quite different than the usual Pedro Clisante fare. The mozzarella bar is a nice touch; we shared a very lovely cheese with sun-dried tomoatoes as an appetizer.

The menu is well-chosen, and the wine list is extensive, with many good bottles at reasonable prices. Our entrees were the Angus filet and the osso bucco on saffron risotto, and both were excellent. We shared a dessert sampler and it was perfect. The white chocolate mousse is pretty damn good.

Visited August 2014

Hong Kong, China
“Amazing location and food!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We came here with a family of 6 to spend the day at the pool and lunch....

The food was amongst the best we had in the Dominican Republic. Ceviche and Tuna tartare were amazingly fresh... They have a great sushi menu as well.

The infinity pool that overlooks Sosua bay is free to use providing you spend about $25 worth per person.

Well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Definitely worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Amazing food at an even more amazing place!! This is what we call " diner with a view"..the staff was very friendly and very professional..it was a wonderful experience

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing!!!! they helped my wedding be the best not just in location but in FOOD!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Where to start, well first off I had booked my wedding in the only boutique hotel in Puerto Plata and had the worst experience. 2 months before my wedding i decide to change the venue. I went to Bahia Lounge before and had the best meals and a great times with the views. So i approached Giancarlo about the possibility of having my wedding there. Not only did i get a response before the 24 hours but all the information very clear so I decided to go forward with the confirmation. The process with them them became enjoyable from the wine tasting to the food tasting up until the wedding. They worked together with my wedding coordinator and made my life so much easier. The day of the wedding of course the bride (me) was late and they quickly made sure my guests were ok. It rained which delayed the wedding and did a great job adjusting to everything make it an enjoyable wait vs a painful one for my guests. the finger foods were gourmet my guests enjoyed them all. The service was devine and even though it was 150 guests we were able to have 5 course meal that was PERFECT!!!! the temperature the taste timing everything hats off because a plated dinner for 150 guest is not easy and my wedding food was the best wedding food my guest have ever had. The following day instead of a brunch i had a Chic BBQ/ pool party for all my guests that came from (Boston, Alabama, Atlanta, Florida, California, Washington D.C, New york, London, Jamaica, DR, and even Central America) and was able to please everyone. From Sushi to a grill with all the different kinds of cuts, salads, an organic pork on a stick everything to please all crowds. So all I can say is Thank you for making my wedding one of the most epic weddings anyone that attended my wedding has gone to. If you are ever in Sosua/ puerto plata I highly recommend you go and taste for yourself whether its the fresh sashimi or the steaks and other fine dinning its worth the trip. And if you are looking for a place to have an event look no further to avoid yourself the pain and check out Bahia Lounge. Again that you folks from The ocean Club I will definitely be back. (wedding date april 26, 2014)

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
escalada
“Treated Like CRAP!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Two weeks prior to valentines day I made a reservation for valentines dinner - I MADE THE RESERVATION IN PERSON. When my girlfriend and I showed up - me in a suit and she in a new dress we were turned away saying they did not have our reservation. The bartender working even recalled the day I was in to make the reservation. They did not even say sorry - just that they were full and could not accommodate us. I have been to restaurants all over the world and have never been treated as badly as I was at this place. I hope the place fails!!!!

Visited February 2014