“SuperBowl weekend at Topacio Azul Bay Hotel & Resort Sosua Bay Dom Rep” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Topacio Azul Resort

Save Saved
You added Topacio Azul Resort to your Saves list
Topacio Azul Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Calle Dr. Alejo Martinez 1 | El Batey, Sosua, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #21 of 32 hotels in Sosua
Brooklyn, New York
“SuperBowl weekend at Topacio Azul Bay Hotel & Resort Sosua Bay Dom Rep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My name is Michael G i booked 30 people there for superbowl weekend Jan 29-Feb 3 2013 the last minute.the entire process was very easy and pleasant.Travel club and customer service very good.FOR THE PRICE ,the rooms were well kept.The food was tasty.The staff courtious.Best of all the resort is located on the beach.BREATH TAKING VEIW.Of the 30 guys,i have 15 commitments for next year superbowl weekend already.Reason being we do not anticipate the accomodations will be available past september of this year.Now that the reort has reopened (fromally Sosua Bay resort).Many of my close friend are making reservation for through out the year.For an organization only in business a few months, they are going in the right direction.Good luck.Thank You

Room Tip: If you want a king size bed ask upon making reservation.If you want beach front room ask as well pic...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

410 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel was avery fun place. If you love a place that gives you privacy and actually lets you have fun without so many restriction this is the best place. I had a great time swimming in the pool late a night without all the limits having fun. You are allowed guest over weather romantically or friendly. This place rocks for what it is meant to be. I don't recommend for family actually I don't think Sosua is a family oriented town if you know anything about this place. Is more set for singles or couples that like to party at the many bars and who want a place without too many restrictions...I recommend this to anyone who hate hotels that look like convents this place Rocks. The staff is very helpful and accommodate. they never say no...they truly believe the customer is always right and do just about anything to make your stay a pleasant one...so if you are partying and want an economical place...I paid like 50 all inclusive are you kidding me? beach front hotel well this is one of the best bargains in the world...party on!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lake Worth, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Enter a beautiful open air lobby with sounds of the ocean below and you would think you hit gold on this stay. Waiting to check in, I was alarmed that a non-guest American was able to get from the front desk 2 room numbers of people he knew and could freely go back to their rooms. Enter our room and we had to laugh at the contrast between the first impression of the lobby and how terrible and cheap the room was. Not even on par with the outside decor. Non potable water in the sink!!! We left for something to eat and see the night life, coming back 2 hours later and surrounded by 3 security guys. My friend who is Dominican and paid for the hotel stay, was pulled to the side and his plastic wrist band was thoroughly examined by the guards--- they just couldn't believe he was staying there. It must have been a stolen wrist band as all 3 turned it over and over looking at it. Finally they let him pass and when I asked if they want to see mine, they smiled and said "No, es OK." They could have just checked the computer to see 2 people were registered and looked at our passport copies that were scanned at check in. Imagine! Next day... constant hounding by a sales guy to check out the resort on the property. Constant, following, uncomfortable hounding that started from the streets in town and continued on the hotel property. Just unreal how bad this place was. Nice lobby though! Next day we went to Casa Valeria and I loved it there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Rooms were clean. Bars were average. I was there during the days mostly sleep and out during the night. The best location for me. But I would have to think twice if I'm bringing the family. Nope. I was wondering if the Sosua bay grand casino across the steet still open. Going back in December. Had a great time there.

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Collingwood, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

stayed there a while back. The rooms were clean, the people were friendly. However, the food was some of the worst I have seen on the North Coast. The reason I said seen, is no one in their right mind would eat the crap they put out on their buffet. It is all inclusive.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
S yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Having stayed at this hotel seven years ago for a two weeks all inclusive holiday with my friend and his father I thought it was time that I share my experience.

Location

The hotel is located a short distance from the airport approx (25 mins). within a bustling area with clubs, bars and restaurants on your doorstep.

Hotel

The hotel decor and grounds are well kept, modern and spacious.The rooms were nice with all of the amenities that you would expect form an all inclusive resort. The rooms were cleaned well throughout our stay, with fresh towels everyday. The pool was a good size with good views looking onto the bay.

The main buffet was where we ate most night, however we did try the other restaurants and had no complaints with the food. There were plenty of selection, with show cooking on hand to cook you fresh meat and fish.

Entertainment

I would say that the entertainment was a good standard with lively Dominican dancers and plenty of flashy stuff. Again no problem with this area.

I would say that the service was very good, with the bar and reception staff were always happy to welcome you back after a day out or to serve you a cocktail at the bar.

All in all I would return back to this hotel as it ticked all of the boxes for me. If you do book this hotel, im sure you will have a great holiday.

Thanks for reading.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a very nice location with a horrible management team. I stayed the in July 2011 and enjoyed my days at the hotel. Room was clean everyday and food wasn’t bad nor good. I read the hotel has been closed and I am very happy that this happened. In my stay there I bought a membership, waste of money, which ended up being a scheme. It sounded very good until I realized it was a fraud. I lost close 800 dollars.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Topacio Azul Resort? Share your experiences!