“A Must-Do!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 14 Activities in Sosua
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Monkey Jungle is located between Sosua and Cabarete, just 9 km up El Choco Road. It is the home to almost 30 squirrel and capuchin monkeys and includes a 7 station 4500 foot ACCT certified zip line. Enjoy the breathtaking view spanning over 290 acre working farm and the home of the free Monkey Jungle medical/dental clinic.Profits from the Monkey Jungle and Zip Line Adventures is used to fund the free on site clinics. Check out why we have been listed as number one on Trip Advisor since we opened in 2010. Reservations recommended and ages 2 to 89 have participated. Zip Line Adventures caters to guests with special needs.
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
“A Must-Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

This is a terrific place! Friendly and expert staff for zip lines and the Monkeys! And all profits go to free medical and dental for the area kids.
We've been 3 times and will be there again tomorrow to help out if we can.

“Good fun, good cause, great environs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012 via mobile

After reading many reviews here...we went for it and have no regrets! Great set up in hills of Sosua, beauty and bliss. The zip lines were a riot and the guides made it even more fun. We showed up short on cash expecting to use CC, but not an option so they wrote us a bill and let us pay later at Coastal station....so sweet! The squirrel monkeys are such unique characters and as previous reviewer noted so light. I had 4 on me at one time and enjoyed every second. Love the fact the Monkey Jungle supports a free clinic so I'm stoke to pay whatever it takes!

Cabarete
“Oh My God.........I did it ANYWAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

The zip lining was pretty scary, but I did it anyway...to prove to myself that its okay to be 50 years old and still try new things; it really does make you Forever Young.

There was a tiny glitch in my tether being put on a bit tight...so I knew I had to let it go and rely on the rest of the gear...It did not matter; I let go and acted like a PRO....I'm way past being physically fit and so waited to break just before the platform. The guides were yelling Break, Break...but I waited and hit the breaks in plenty good time and had to hand over hand about 5 feet to the platform. I am terrified of heights so my heart almost beat out of control. What a FEEEEEEELing. If you need assistance the guide will go with you and all you have to do is enjoy the view...and what a view it was.

The crew is amazing; friendly and strong.

Leeann and Aurys run the organizing; the bar and are both such amazing friendly people.

Be sure to bring extra cash if you need drinks or keepsakes from their shop. And please enjoy playing with the Monkeys. That was the reason why I went. They are so cute and friendly and you are right there. You don't touch them but they touch you and climb on you to get the treats that Leeann prepares for them....bananas, strawberries and veggies.

I can hardly wait till my next year vacation when I am a year YOUNGER to come back and do it again. We met a young guy on a 1 week vacation that was on his third time coming back.

WHAT A FEELING you should DO IT if your here!!!!!!

Visited March 2012
London, Canada
“Visit to Monkey Jungle and Zip Line Feb. 29/12”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I went with a couple of friends, the three of us,all early 20's, had a blast!

The staff that took us through the Zip Line safety; how to stop, change speeds, turn around and hang yourself upside down. They were fun and encouraging but didn't force you into doing something you where uncomfortable with.

You want to bring running shoes that you don't mind getting wet or dirty. Same goes for you clothes, your clothes should also be comfortable. There is some climbing so you want to be able to move around easily. It rained on us during a little bit during our Zip Lining. I love the rain so that made the experience that much more fun and exciting. You do get muddy so no white.

The pictures they they take are great, I would suggest getting them, its great to have a memory of everyone there. They only cost $18, remember the money goes right back into the clinic so it's an $18 well spent.

The Monkey's were adorable. It was raining part of the day so not as many came out, but we wouldn't have known the difference. They were small beige and white things, they climb about all over you, mostly your shoulders, arms and head. They weigh next to nothing so once you get over the first one jumping on you for good to go for the rest. I had 5 on me at once and a lady on our tour had one who made a home on her head. The Staff take you to see where they live and answer any questions you have.

They have a cage with rescued Monkeys away from the rest. They are treated very well and look like they are loving their new home. They are alot of fun to watch and again they answer any questions you have.

All and all, if you go all the way to the Dominican I wouldn't miss this fun day good for family's and adults.

Visited February 2012
Cabarete, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
“An Adventure That Must Not Be Missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Went Feb 18, 2012 with my wife and 27 year old daughter. We had a blast on the zip line and truly enjoyed the squirrel monkeys. The zip line guides are terrific and help you enjoy the rides plus they will assist you as much as necessary too. Very well run and felt completely safe zip lining. One of the few zip lines I've seen that actually includes a second cable that is strictly for your safety line. Very professional, lots of fun and profits go to a truly worthy, humanitarian cause. We arrived Saturday morning and there were a few dozen moto conchos of people there for the free medical and dental clinics. Two thumbs way up!!

Visited February 2012