“Casa 21” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Sosua
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Restaurant Casa 21 is part of the Boutique B&B Casa Veintiuno. We are open from Wednesday thru Sunday. Open for dinner from 6:00PM until 10:00PM. If you are looking for fine dining in a quiet,trendy and romantic atmosphere, this is the place to be in Sosua. We are closed on Mondays & Tuesdays. We don't accept credit cards. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Newmarket
“Casa 21”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Lovely and quaint. A bit pricey so use it for a special occasion. Excellent menu but small choice - quality rather than quantity. Call ahead and they may be able to do something special for you.

• Visited December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Leuven, Belgium
“This is the place to be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

During my trip in the Dominican Republic I met a German girl who had stayed in the Casa 21 (also a fantastic B&B) and she couldn't stop talking about the meal she had got there : "Simply the best" she said (to quote Tina Turner). So I decided to change my plans and stay 1 night in the Casa 21. I must say I haven't regretted it for one moment. The food was indeed excellent : I had the same fish dish with the mustard sauce as described by shpiget and it was just perfect. And I was also impressed by the service and the attention which was paid to the customers. All in all a very nice experience and one I can really advise anyone who is looking for a good restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

“Believe the hype!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is the best restaurant that I experienced in the Dominican Republic. The food was unbelievable. Amazingly, it was also very reasonably priced. If you are in the area, you must go to this restaurant.

I had filet mignon, topped with foie gras, topped with a peppercorn sauce. It was amazing. It only cost me about $18 USD. Everything that my wife and our friends had was spectacular as well.

The atmosphere is perfect.

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Mostly Tasty (Tax not included)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were looking for a fancy dinner and the inital setting and the atmosphere definitely got our attention in the most positive way :-)

The food was mostly tasty.

Starting with a fresh organic salad (slightly under seasoned) followed by 2 main dishes..
A great Dorado filet (slightly over cooked) coupled by an amazing mustered sauce with mashed potatos with leeks all in all a great dish.

My disappointment was from the spicy orange and cashew nuts sauce chicken with tropical rice.

The sauce was great but the chicken tasted like undercooked turkey with a bounce in each bite and the rice lacked the appropriate sophistication to mach the overall atmosphere and prices.

Because of the turkey taste we ended up switching between us our main dishes so both of us would have at least some of the better dish.

When I bothered asking I was polity explaned that they don't use turkey and left with my dish.

I'm not the type to complain in restaurants but sorry the owner didn't bother to get to the root of my polite question "Is this turkey?" And my insistence "It definitely tastes like turkey" because frankly I disliked the taste but was too hungry to make more fuss than I already had as was my partner that quickly finished "his half" to get to my fish.

10 on inital atmosphere but -4 on attention to customers.

Do notice the warning that prices do not include taxes!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Excellent menu, food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We were fortunate to be introduced to this lovely restaurant by friends who know many of the best in the area. Casa 21 is signposted off the main road but would otherwise not be easily found as it is out of the main hustle and bustle of Sosua town. The location is therefore peaceful and a quiet oasis in the walled garden.

We very ate well with plenty of choices across all 3 courses.
Prawns in the spicy orange sauce was partculalrly memorable as was the tuna and sesame starter.

Food and wine were excellent value and the staff were very attentive.
Definitely will return on our next trip to DR

• Visited February 2014