we just got back from his hotel yesturday. We have traveled alot out of the US, so we expected the normal things such as no hot/warm water, poor room decor/cleanliness, and a language barrier, but we were still disappointed with this hotel.
There are 3 restuarants on the property, but what they dont tell you is that only 1 hotel is open a night so you never get to choose unless you want the buffet. But the food was horrible. We paid for all-inclusive and still ate almost every meal except breakfast off hotel property.
The view from our room was great but the beds were rock hard. My back hurt all night and every morning.
The staff is very friendly, but they are no help really. We rented a car and the front desk was not able to give us any maps or any directions. They would only help us if we wanted to book excursions through them. They also make you wear this bracelet while staying there which wouldnt be a problem, except for the fact that it is hot pink. This isnt a problem if you just stay at the hotel the whole time. But we drove through the island and it was a red flag to everyone that we were tourists which could have been very dangerous.
The neighborhood that the hotel is in is very depression. It is the only working hotel in the area. All of the surrounding hotels are boarded up, vacant, and shut down.
If you want to just relax on the beach the whole vacation, then the hotel is fine. But if you want to travel and see the dominican republic, this is not the hotel for you. I would recommend spending the little extra money and staying at punta cana. I wish we would have. We will be doing this next time.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Costa Caribe Hotel Juan Dolio
- Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa And Casino
- Coral Costa Caribe Hotel
- Coral Costa Caribe
- Coral Costa Caribe Resort
- Hilton International Juan Dolio
- Costa Caribe Coral
- Costa Caribe
- Costa Caribe Coral Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the warm ocean waters of the Caribbean, enjoy a limitless family-oriented vacation experience. There are fun-filled activities under the sun for all. Our activities program includes water sports and one of the best white sand and boundless turquoise water beaches. Savor an outburst of flavors with a signature Caribbean flavor. These are just some of the ways in which you will keep busy during your stay at Coral Costa Caribe.The warmth of our staff is best expressed by the careful attention given to every small detail. Cradle yourself in the midst of its lush vegetation covered by impeccable tropical gardens surrounded by tropical flowers and trees. Seek refuge in one of our comfortable guest rooms; the heart and soul of the destination is embodied in its decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.