“Very nice beach.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino

You added Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Boulevard Juan Dolio KM 55, Juan Dolio, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Juan Dolio
Warsaw, Poland
“Very nice beach.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We spent there 10 days in January 2013.The room was very simple,air conditioning very loud,but we didn't go there to seat in the room. We layed on the beach,wich is very nice, quite wide and white.There are a lot of small palm trees,with shadows.It's very useful because you don't have to wake up very early to reserve sombrilla.The music on the beach was very fine- bachata, salsa, merengue. We feeled that we were on the carribean island. That's true there are a lot of vendors but they aren't brazen. I practiced my spanish with them. Disco Boom Boom is quite big and they play dominican music.I'm crazy for bachata.We danced with my husband a lot,even on the beach.
One defect is restaurant for breakfast. the view is beatiful but tables are dirty. They don't have enough staff for cleaning. Food wasn't very good,but drinks were OK,especially caipirinha. Good idea is eating dinners in sit down restaurants(mexican)
It isn't very interesting area around the hotel, no village,shops,restaurants. Only condominios and hotels.But if you want to spend most of time on the seaside- go there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
LilibethGarcia, GM Assistant at Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Client:

Please receive our warmest regards from Coral Costa Caribe.

We would like to express our gratitude for your good remarks toward our Boom Disco and entertainment environment as well as for showing us your appreciation for our wonderful turquoise blue water beach with white sand and palm trees. Most of our clientele is aware that Juan Dolio beach is one of the most beautiful touristic attractions in our country.

Our Resort works toward offering our customers excellent service in all areas, for instance in our Restaurants through a friendly, efficient and welcoming service; our service goal strives in encouraging our personnel to offer the exceptional service that can only be achieve by staff taking a genuine interest in our clientele. Therefore, our waiters and hostess are exceptionally gifted at taking care of customers' needs in an appropriate time frame, we guarantee our clients that our personnel cares to offer prompt service by attending all their needs, taking care for one customer before moving on to the next. We regret if at any particular moment you have the perception of not receiving an adequate service form our staff.

Furthermore, we thank you for sharing with us that you were satisfied with the hotel in general and we hope to have the occasion of receiving you in our Resort again in the near future, with the intention of improving the impression you have of our Hotel.

Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

IF you get a VERY good price you will find a fantastic beach with available seating. Just don't go on Friday to Sunday. The place gets overcrowded (seems they oversell) with not enough staff persons in every department. I will say that the staff works harder than any resort I have ever been in. But its just too much. They seem to need training, direction and more manpower during the weekend (And that's management). The food is of pedestrian quality, Take water to drink and brush your teeth (its the Caribbean), or keep a bottle and refill it from the station near the front bar. My sheets also had to be changed (My Spouse wanted to find a place to buy new ones). I tipped and it was done right away. I also recommend you take your own beach towels, theirs are a bit ratty. They charge US$2.50 per day for a safe key and there is no coffee maker in the room. The casino is decent and they had good live music on Saturday night. Across the lobby there's a bar with pool tables and a pretty good disco for dancers. Heed my warnings and you will have a good time for the money if you want to stay relativity close to the capital.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
LilibethGarcia, GM Assistant at Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Client:

Please receive our warmest regards from Coral Costa Caribe.

We thank you for your comments about our splendid beach, as well as we are glad to know that you appreciated the willingness of our staff, at the time we take the opportunity to inform you that our Hotel focuses on the recruitment of a very qualified staff to provide the distinctive services our valued customers require. Our personnel are highly skilled and well trained on ensuring our guests the appropriate attention and willingness that our Hotel is compromised to offer. In addition to this, the enthusiasm and motivational aptitudes of our staff are constantly and continuously assessed in order to guarantee our clients receive the courteous service that characterize the Dominican people. All our staff is extensively and continuously trained in their respective areas in order to ensure proper teamwork with high quality results.

In all areas the water available for guests is purified, however the water from the tap specifically is not suitable for consume, therefore on a daily basis bottles of water are placed and changed accordingly to the usage.

We pride ourselves on our reliable housekeeping service, constantly offering our very best to serve our customer efficiently and courteously to ensure that guests feel at home the moment they arrive to their room, it is important that the sheets on the bed and the towels in the bathroom are spotless. Our housekeeping staff provides each room: pillowcases, sheets, towels and duvet covers after been carefully processed on our laundry department.

The safety deposit box our hotel offers has a price per day of USD2.50 this service is not included in the all-inclusive package and is an alternative service our clients can purchase. In addition to this, all our rooms are equipped with coffee maker, however in the event that for some particular reason a room does not have one, our service line staff will be more than willing to assist our clients with their requests.

We hope to have the occasion of receiving you in our Resort again in the near future, with the intention of improving the impression you have of our Hotel.

new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel staff was friendly.pool sucked.you could not see your toes in the pool and I had the experience of having a maxipad float by me.the rooms sucked.no hot water and you have a 20 percent chance that your 80's ac box works.the kegged beer is suppose to be presidentia.It's not just some bud knockoff.only two of the 8 restuarants have AC.you were lucky to get one clean towel a day and the towels has seen better days.In short the place is a freaking hot scrap hole.steer clear of this place!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Client:

The Coral Costa Caribe Hotel, Resort, Spa & Casino family is pleased to extend you our most cordial greetings.

Pertaining to your remark about our pools, we should inform you that we clean our pools everyday by applying special chemicals, this process usually takes approximately 12 hours to be completed and it’s a standard daily procedure in most hotels in the country.

We regret that your expectations towards some of our Restaurants were not to your satisfaction. However allow us to inform you that the design of most of our Restaurants is based on open spaces, as most of our clientele prefers to be in contact with the natural warm of the Caribbean. Also, please consider that our six bar's recipes and their entertaining music create the satisfactory environment for our guests to enjoy and relax at once. A very wide selection of drinks will provide our customers the opportunity to complete the wonderful experience of their vacations. We are really sorry to know that our beer offer was not at the level of your standards.

We pride ourselves on our reliable housekeeping service, constantly offering our very best to serve our customer efficiently and courteously to ensure that guests feel at home the moment they enter a room, it is important that the sheets on the bed and the towels in the bathroom are spotless and of good quality. Our housekeeping staff provides each room: pillowcases, sheets, towels and duvet covers after been carefully processed on our laundry department. Our rooms are furnished with comfortable doubles or spacious king size bed, which includes an open designed closet and a dresser for our clients to place their clothes. All our rooms are carefully cleaned and prepared for our housekeeping staff on a daily basis.

Long Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The ambiance is great. Bartenders are very nice. Service is decent. Rooms were not clean. Walked into bed room and there were blood stains on the sheets. Took them a while to change it. Pool seemed murky . Beach was okay nothing too extradoniary. Beach bonfire party was cool. Food was gross and made me physically sick. Wont come back. Massage service was great!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Client:

We want to thank you for your kind comments about your past stay in our Hotel. At the time, we should inform you that our cleanliness service is one of the main features that our hotel ensures to our clients. We do not only offer accessible prices, value and location, but also room amenities. An integral part of our rooms comfort is the superior care our housekeeping service provides to each room prior to our guest arrival and during their entire stay.

Here at The Coral Costa Caribe we pride ourselves on offering a wide range of high quality food specially prepared for the wide diversity of our guests. We’re sure to offer each of our valued customers some delightful meals with the splendid and desired seasoning of the Caribbean. We are here to ensure you have a good mealtime no matter which Restaurant you choose, whether it's a company event or meal with family and, or friends. Our Restaurants menus offer a mix of top quality Cuisine and popular national and international variety so our dear clients can relish different flavors within the amusing-friendly ambience of our Hotel Restaurants.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Me and my boyfriend just returned from the costa caribe, we stayed there for 2 weeks and we had a great holiday. Im not the type of person who writes these reviews but with all the negative reviews inthought i should leave some feedback, Check in was good no problems at all, all the staff are very very friendly and happy, our room was great, two large double beds, air con worked perfectly, the only thing that annoyed me a little was the towel situation, the maids would clean the room and take the towels but not replace them, so after asking at reception we seemed to get out towels in the evening (which was strange) the maids never changed our sheets once while we were there (2 weeks) which wasn't great but never mind, there is a safe in the room which you have to buy the lock at reception (only a few dollars a day) i would strongly recommend you get this, rather tgen risk your stuff going missing!! I'm a very fussy eater and I really enjoyed the food, we went to the buffet and to the Mexican restaurant and the Italian all very nice, the beach is gorgeous, alot of people try to sell you stuff annoying at times but all very friendly and polite liked to have a chat! The pool was nice (a little dirty) however I did see them cleaning it every day. We done some excursions booked though the hotel both were lots of fun, the staff try to sell you this VIP thing but I said no as I'd read reviews on here before I went saying it was a rip off, once you say no they don't ask you again! The entertainment in the evenings was a bit dull as its all in Spanish, being English we didn't understand any of it (no translation) we went to the disco once that was ok? Still could hear the music pumping from our fifth floor at 4am, the weekends are very busy 200 locals checked in on the Friday, the pool was packed couldn't get seated to eat or get a drink at the bar (not really the hotels fault) the beach however remains quiet so you can get away from it all on the beach, the men that work for the photo shop are all lovely and such fun we had some beautiful photos taken (which is not really our thing) but there very good at what they do!! all in all I did have a very good holiday (who goes on holiday to complain about everything) it is the Caribbean ofcourse it's going to be a different culture from home, I would return to this hotel!! we had a fab time :))

• Stayed July 2013
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Before saying anything about this place, a few caveats. As we all know, different strokes for different folks. Going by the reviews left here about the Coral, people have either loved, hated or felt something in between about this place. So, it was a bit confusing when making a decision to stay or not and and I took the reviews with a grain of salt.

This is coming from a 61 year old gringo who's been to the DR a number of times. I am very far from being an expert on the DR and I mainly travel here because it's convenient. And now I have a novia here. In general, I don't like all inclusive resorts and haven't stayed at one for years. When I travel, I like to experience the culture of the country, something I find impossible to do from an all inclusive. This trip though, I was with my novia and mainly cared about spending as much time with her as possible.

I'm also a bit snobbish and I like quality hotels and probably over spend on such things. I'm a bit anal and like things to be just right, if not perfect. Other people are content with lesser accommodations and spending less money. There is no right or wrong. Hence, the reason for the wide range of reviews, or at least that's my guess. And you should take my background and caveats into considerations when making a decision of whether to stay at the Coral. I feel that it is important to point all this out because I have such strong opinions about the place. One thing I am still in the process of learning is that one has to learn to lower his expectations in the RD. Customer service has a different meaning here as does 5 star.

Enough introduction. I HATED THIS PLACE MORE THAN ANY PLACE I CAN REMEMBER! I booked for 2 days with the thought of extending my stay if I liked the place. We both couldn't wait to escape. I don't recall everything, but here's just a few highlights:

** There are no outlets in the room for personal things, like a recharger for a phone. None, 0, nada. I thought there had to be a mistake. I went to the concierge we were assigned, a very nice man, and he said that's the way the rooms are and that we were perfectly welcome to buy a power strip at their store! I couldn't believe it but just told myself not to get upset and spend the $5 or whatever. However, the store didn't carry it and I was told to go into town. I guess our concierge saw the veins in my neck bulge and found something that accommodated one device. Upon further examination, the devices (lamps, TV, etc.) appear to have permanent connections. On the double outlets, the outlet that wasn't being used had the wires removed [!!!] So, it was intentional! I understand electric costs a lot in the DR, but still, this is not the answer. Someone told me that it was like this because Dominicans like to bring irons and other electric hogging devices with them, a Dominican thing. Bulloney to me. Anyway, it wasn't a big thing but it was indicative of how things are run.

** The Coral is fairly small. Starting at 2pm each day, incredibly loud boom boom American style disco/rap music was played by the pool and could be heard throughout the resort. It was so loud we couldn't sit by the pool. There was no place to escape. Ok, I understand I'm an old dude, but not everyone there is 25 years old. There were lots of other elderly folks. All I wanted to do was sit by the bar in the pool with my novia. Forget that.

** I thought the food was atrocious. There are a few restaurants, 2 open at a a given time for dinner. They called the one "international style" and was a buffet. This one was used for all 3 meals while another restaurant was also open for dinner and was sit-down. The food everywhere was barely edible. We only ate at one of the other sit down restaurants once because the wait was too long, 30 minutes or more. And the resort was half empty.

** Drinks come in what seemed like 4 or 6 ounce little cups with little alcohol. This is most irritating at meals - you either get up to get a refill umpteen times or do without and go thirsty. Or pray one of the chicas with water was kind enough to serve you. Only one time did we get "lucky" enough to get water.

** The sheets didn't fit the bed.

** They never gave us enough towels unless we complained. After the first night, they only gave us 1 hand towel - for 2 people.

** The internet (which cost $35 for 2 nights in the room) and TV did not work the first night because the router was broken. Doesn't anyone check the rooms before a guest arrives

** After checking in, our concierge told us there would be a special welcome breakfast for us. It turned out to be a 3 hour sales pitch to buy a package of amenities. There was no escape no matter how rude I got, haha. Actually, I started to walk away and it was only then the salesperson disclosed prices. 3 hours wasted. Well, not completely wasted. We were served the only decent food our entire time there when we were with the salesperson.

The beach was nice, but again, not really my cup of tea. At no point was the water deep enough to come up to my head no matter how far I went out. There are touts on the beach selling stuff but not overbearing like the ones in Boca Chica. The hotel has no control over the beach anyway, at least that's my understanding. However, we came across touts on the property also, again not overly bothersome, but the hotel should not allow such a thing.

There are 2 pools but we only tried out one, the one on the beach side. I found the pool to be one of the nicest parts of the resort. Others said it was disgusting and dirty. Personally, I did not find this to be the case.

The staff was generally friendly and helpful. The only complaint I have is that they didn't seem to be very well informed.

There is a "show" nightly, at least that's what they call it. The first night, we came in at the end. It was a group of Dominican dancers called Chocolate something or other. The little we saw was very good. The second night, it was the same group of dancers. We arrived at showtime. For one hour, all they did was bring guests up to the stage to dance. I was totally bored and we left.

If I had to do it again, I'd head to the resort in Punta Cana or somewhere else. All in all, this place sucks.

Room Tip: The ocean view was worth the extra $26.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Client:

Please consider that our bars are places of recreation where most of our clientele comes to relax while enjoying a drink. Our six bar's recipes and their entertaining music create the satisfactory environment for our guests to enjoy and relax at once. A very wide selection of drinks will provide our customers the opportunity to complete the wonderful experience of their vacations. We are really sorry to know that our beverage offer was not at the level of your standards.

The internet in room cost for two days is U$30.00 which represents an hour cost of U$0.63, price that we consider to be economically suitable for all our customers. Allow us to inform you that our purpose is to form positive impressions in our clients from their check-in to their check out. When our guests arrive to their rooms it is important for us that the client perceives this has been adequately prepared and maintained, if by chance a room presents situations with the TV or Internet connection, the client most report this situation to our service line staff in order to be solved efficiently on a timely manner.

The Housekeeping management aims to deliver high standards of service, working with their best disposition, as part of their responsibilities on a daily basis our housekeeping staff revises every room and proceeds to change the towels according to the procedure established in our environmental friendly policy, whilst providing clean towels and bed linen is integral to supply a quality service, many guests are happy to have their towels and sheets changed less frequently to help reduce the environmental impact of our operation.

For our client’s culinary delight, our Hotel offers a versatile cuisine with the accustomed comfort that pleased our customers. Our Buffet Restaurant, three A la carte Restaurants and Snack Bar, will provide the perfect dishes for every taste, which includes from a huge, opulent continental and American breakfast in our Amber Restaurant to an excellent food and beverage menu in the Thematic Restaurant of your choice. Our menus are prepared mainly with seasoned food that matches the singular Caribbean flavors that produces the perfect gastronomic experience, health and stylish, to share with classy and exotic cocktails, hip music and interesting people from all over the world.

Jonestown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Elevator doesnt work, anyone can go in the hotel, food terrible, staff have ugly personality & corrupt, Not Hygiene at all!!!!

VIP rooms are the best, you have to pay 50$ more per night for those rooms and you wont have the VIP privileges unless you are a member. they will try to taught you into becoming a member witch is very expensive and doesnt seen legit to me. Dont fall for that one!!! (MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR THE VIP WRIST BAND BEFORE YOU PAY FOR THE VIP ROOM)

Room Tip: 6th Fl south side rooms are the best ones...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
LilibethGarcia, GM Assistant at Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Client:

Allow us to inform you that as in most beach Hotels in the world, if a customer reserves a standard room and desires to be moved to an ocean view room, the supplement cost for the upgrade is USD50.00 per night, this does not requires a change of bracelet as it includes the same benefits of the all-inclusive package the hotel offers for all our clientele. It only comprehends the change of room.

We should inform you that our Hotel has a permanent settlement with an elevator maintenance company that provides assistance in regard to any situation reported within the time lapse of two hours at most. This company is also responsible of providing preventing maintenance to all our elevators each month and whenever the hotel requires it.

Regarding your comments towards the attitude of some of our team members, allow us to inform you that we constantly train our Staff members in order to ensure that we provide our guests with the natural warm and hospitality that characterize the Dominican people. Your point of view has overwhelmed us since it is not normal that we receive those kinds of remarks from our clients, but on the contrary, we usually receive excellent feedback about their friendliness and attentiveness.

Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino

Been to Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!