“It was just ok, would prefer another place.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino

You added Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Calle Principal KM 55 | Juan Dolio Beach, Juan Dolio, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Juan Dolio
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“It was just ok, would prefer another place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This place was booked because of a family event. I had pasta for lunch and dinner everyday. I wasn't keen on the selections and it wasn't tasty. The elevator was slow and very tiny. Entertainment was dull. In order to get WiFi you had to be in a corner of the hotel near the lobby.

• Stayed May 2013
LilibethGarcia, GM Assistant at Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Client:

Coral Costa Caribe Resort is pleased to extend you our most cordial greetings.

For our client’s culinary delight, our Hotel offers a versatile cuisine with the accustomed comfort that pleased our customers. Our Buffet Restaurant, three A la carte Restaurants and Snack Bar, will provide the perfect dishes for every taste, which includes from a huge, opulent continental and American breakfast in our Amber Restaurant to an excellent food and beverage menu in the Thematic Restaurant of your choice. Our menus are prepared mainly with seasoned food that matches the singular Caribbean flavors that produces the perfect gastronomic experience, health and stylish, to share with classy and exotic cocktails, hip music and interesting people from all over the world.

Our hotel offers entertainment and recreational facilities so numerous and so varied that guests do not need to leave the property during their entire stay. Our Resort has broadened the activities program specially design for our guests beyond the "recreational concept", including aerobics, sport tournaments, competitions, Snorkeling, Aqua gym, Kayak, Windsurf, Water polo, Volleyball and badminton in the pool, diving lessons, diverse motorized water sports, a very colorful Night Show, our amusing and entertainment Disco Boom and much more.

We thank you for sharing your experience in our Resort and we hope to welcome you again in our property in the near future.

Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Intro:
The Coral Costal Caribe staff were wonderful, and the scathing review which follows in no way indicates their hard work and hospitality. That being said, this hotel, which I believe is actually hovering just below “motel” status, should really be ashamed of itself. Especially considering (I believe) Hilton owns this property? They’ve got to be kidding. I’ve also noticed that the hotel staff has been responding to negative reviews on Trip Advisor, maybe in some effort to save face and appear committed to guest satisfaction. Here’s a suggestion: remove the staff from behind the computer and channel the money into making capital and critical improvements to your “resort.”
Price:
It was cheap, but it should have been WAY cheaper. I’ve been to motels which were cleaner and featured more amenities.
Service:
The hotel employees were truly phenomenal. The staff was pleasant, good humored, and seemed to legitimately enjoy their jobs. Do they understand English? Not really, not really at all, but they sure tried which counts for something. Only complaint would be it took two attempts to have a maintenance person come to our room to address our concerns (see room critique below). For those who enjoy their drinks strong, the bartenders do not make them strong (2 count instead of 4 count) but will give you extra liquor if you ask. One beer on tap, Presidente.
Nightlife:
There was none? Went to the discothèque twice; the first night it was pitch black and appeared to be the perfect setting for a kidnapping/some sort of assault, so we left there real quickly. The second night there was a lot of people there but hardly what I imagine someone who’s not from the immediate area would enjoy.
The sports bar smelled like mildew and had seats that appeared as though they were constructed out of packing tape and plywood. Oh, and two pool tables.
Food:
The Ambar buffet is open daily, for breakfast lunch and dinner. It serves not only the hotels guests, but swarms of flies who feast upon the food while it’s in the buffet dishes and also on your plate. The selection of food was questionable at best – I’m no epicurean but the majority of it appeared inedible. There are three additional restaurants: Tex Mex Style, Dominican, and Italian. The Tex Mex restaurant was good, the Dominican restaurant had a really cool design, and I think it was good but I’ve never had Dominican food before, and the Italian restaurant served stale bread sticks and chef boy r dee. There is also a snack bar called Mangoes which serves late night snacks. I ate like 7 hot dogs one night there after drinking and didn’t get sick the next day so no complaints there.
Hotel:
Major complaint would be the elevator that ceased working the day we were leaving, resulting in us carrying our luggage down three flights of stairs. You could also see THROUGH the elevator doors since they didn’t close properly. There were plenty of public bathrooms which was convenient, except when they were flooded. Most of the soap dispensers, although filled with soap, were broken. Also, apparently, it’s a thing for people to dispose of used toilet paper in the garbage as opposed to the toilet? That’s fine, if that’s some sort of cultural norm, but it smells positively horrific with no air conditioning and when the garbages aren’t cleaned out regularly.
The Jacuzzi didn’t work. I think they tried to make it work, and failed. The other pools were beautiful until Saturday when they became overrun with maniacal children whose main goal in life was to splash and shriek. If there were adults there, they were probably eating in the fly laden buffet.

Room:
The room was both structurally unsound and aesthetically displeasing. The bathroom’s shower ceiling leaked when the room above us showered, the toilet constantly leaked creating a slippery (and incredibly gross floor), and their bottled water tasted like it came from a tepid, stale bath.
The air conditioner was not properly installed in the wall, leaving just enough outside exposure to let in mosquitos to bite us as well slept. The air conditioner itself sounded like it had the engine of a mustang and turned on and off randomly.
There were two king beds, which had two flat (NO FITTED) sheets, and a thin, incredibly worn coverlet on top. There were two thin pillows on each bed with the same worn material but in sham form (not typical pillowcases.) Never seen anything like that before.
It took us two days and finally a maintenance person to figure out how to turn on the television. There was an excellent selection of channels, however.
NEVER. IN. MY. LIFE. have I heard so much noise. At 6:30am each morning, my friend and I were awoken by screaming children who sounded as if they were being murdered. Even after experiencing this multiple times, my friend and I ended up running outside to make sure everything was okay. Our room also had a balcony facing the main thoroughfare, but one could only expect that to be loud.
Beach:
The beach was truly beautiful (and clean, which is always appreciated after living with dirty Long Island beaches.) However, there appeared to be an organized, uniformed brigade of peddlers, selling beaded jewelry from a briefcase, scarves (sarongs), carved wooden statues, oysters (um, ew), and fruit. I can assure you, you will not have 10 minutes of peace before having to deal with one of these individuals. You can not seek shelter in the water either, for if you face the sand, they will be there, shouting their sales pitches while you’re in the ocean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
LilibethGarcia, GM Assistant at Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Client:

Please receive our warmest regards from Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino. At the time we thank you for your remarkable comments concerning our wonderful beach and the willingness and excellent service provided for our staff.

As general information, allow us to take the opportunity to clarify that Coral Hotels & Resorts does not share any legal, administrative or operational relation with the hotel chain Hilton International.

Our hotel is constantly evolving toward the increase and improvement of the services we provide; through analyzing and evaluating our client’s level of satisfaction of our services and their feedback. Our Resort is highly interested in adapting all our services and facilities in order to exceed our customers’ expectations to be suited with the requirements that characterize the wide diversity of today customers. We are aware that unlike the vacationer of former times, today's guests are an active participant through their opinions in the hotel development; the succeed of our Hotel as hospitality industry can only be achieve thanks to the perceptions we receive from You, our valued customers.

Our entertainment team “The Chocolate Friends” are bound to become our customer’s hosts throughout our clients stay, offering a very varied activities program to entertain our guests day and night. Our night activities program includes the presentation of a Show at 09:00 p.m., activities in our sports bar, music, dance, much fun in our boom disco and much more.

We can assure you that we have strict programs of fumigation, which are carried out continuously. However, our tropical climate and the landscaping that surrounds the hotel are factors that may influence the presence of insects. Also, we consider important to outline that in our country the pipe sewer systems are not built with the enough width capacity to throw away the papers in the WC, as it would stock avoiding the WC from draining; there is actually a sign on the top on each WC informing that the papers must be throw on the bucket and not on the WC.

We offer you our apologies if in any particular manner you felt uncomfortable due to the souvenir offer that some salesmen do when passing on the beach. We can assure you that it is not their intention to cause our dear guests any discomfort with this, but on the contraire their purpose is to provide our guests, always they are interested, with the very valued service of offering a souvenir of our country to take home.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband I stayed at Coral Costa Caribe from April 27th - May 4th 2013. We purchased a Groupon (actually ended up paying more that if we had booked directly I think) and booked the stay before I read any online reviews. I have to admit I was a bit worried after reading all of the awful reviews. But I was determined to keep an open mind and have a good time regardless. So with that in mind I am going to try to give you an idea of what to expect if you are staying at this resort, and hopefully give a few tips for the hotel to try to improve their resort. This is a long review so strap in and get ready for some honest and balanced opinions!

We took a taxi from SDQ to the hotel - it was quite scary and the driving is horrible. Evidently the Dominican Republic has very little public trash service because we saw literal rivers of trash and many deserted dilapidated buildings. We also saw lots of palm trees and some wild horses! Of course the taxi ride does not reflect the resort but it’s just something to keep in mind. We arrived at the resort on a Saturday at about 2:45pm. Check in is at 3pm and the place was a complete madhouse. There were people everywhere, and no one seemed to speak English. We stood in line to check in for at least 20 minutes. All employees will speak Spanish to you first and then when you speak back to them in English they can basically understand what you are saying and sometimes say a few words back like ‘okay’ or ‘good.’ The girl who helped us check in barely spoke to us all, but eventually we were given 2 room keys and sent on our way. We had a room in the main building on the 2nd floor.
As many other reviewers have mentioned, the resort is extremely busy on weekends as many local Dominicans visit the resort. I will get in to more specifics later but I would strongly advise you to either try to not arrive on a Saturday or to stay only on weekdays if possible. In our first 2 days at the resort (Saturday and Sunday) I would give the resort 1 star, but the weekdays were much better. So if you arrive on a Saturday and want to run screaming back to the airport, take a deep breath, order a Zombie at the Sports bar, and just wait until Sunday at 6:30pm. There was a mass exodus at that time while we were there and things dramatically improved after that.

The room: The room was as some of the other reviews have described. It was spacious, but old and tired. The sofa had many stains. The tile floor had many broken tiles. The bed was old, and the sheets did not fit. There was no fitted sheet, just a flat sheet draped over the top 2/3 of the mattress and then bare mattress at the bottom. The air conditioner was quite violent sounding but it worked well. The ceiling was covered in areas where there was obviously water damage and they tried to repair it. It was honestly a lower quality room than any Motel 6 I’ve stayed in. Even if it was “clean”, everything was so old and stained it’s hard to call it truly clean. My husband was horrified, but like I said I had read the awful reviews and was determined to keep an open mind and be happy on our trip. Our water pressure was inconsistent but it was fine. We lost power a few times but never for more than a couple of minutes. I did not consider it any inconvenience. I did find it off-putting that the safety deposit box is not included. You should not have to pay extra to feel safe or feel that your stuff is safe. Ours seemed to be broken anyway. We kept our valuables buried at the bottom of our suitcases and always kept the balcony doors locked.

The food: The first thing we did after checking in to our room was head over the Mangos (the snack bar) since we hadn’t had lunch yet. The line was really long (again…Saturday…) and there really wasn’t any food ready. Mangos has hamburgers, hot dogs, French fries, and pizza. That’s all I ever saw and all of it is very poor quality and extremely questionable sanitation. They were out of buns when we got there but then some more arrived. People were just grabbing whatever the cooks could make as it was put out. It was a madhouse. But it was food, and we ate it. We never went back to Mangos again the entire week we were there. The buffet restaurant is where we had most of the remainder of our meals. Breakfast each day had plenty of options – I recommend the omelet station. They always had sausage, hard boiled eggs, some sort of potatoes, pancakes and/or French toast. They had a Panini station that was very popular with the Dominicans on Sunday morning. They also sometimes had a smoothie station with fresh fruit. There was also always a few different kinds of fruit (always pineapple) and a baked goods selection with donuts and rolls and such. They had coffee and hot water with tea bags. On the weekends do not think of a waiter bringing you drinks or water. Just look around and get it yourself. During the week the waiters may refill your water and ask if you would like coffee. Also just a note to those who prefer artificial sweeteners over sugar – they only ever had Splenda, and that only sometimes in the evenings. So if won’t take anything but Equal or Sweet n Low, bring your own, and if you are fine with Splenda make sure to grab several extra packets whenever you see it because there is no guarantee that it will ever be there. I’m sure you could ask a waiter. If you speak Spanish. Or are really good a motioning out what Splenda is. Lol. Lunch and dinner they generally offered a potato dish, a vegetable dish, and one of each beef, chicken, pork, and fish. The food is medium quality but plentiful and to my non-discerning and not picky palate – actually pretty good. It’s a buffet, not a 5 star restaurant. They also have plentiful dessert options of which I ate way too many! Overall I think the food was decent. Don’t be a snob, just enjoy the experience. We went to the Dominican restaurant once and it was pretty good. Slow service and very little English and I didn’t feel like the food was much better than the buffet. We never went to the Italian restaurant (it seemed to be closed just about every day) or the Santa Fe grill (we never found it).

The drinks: The first bar we went to was down by the beach. On Saturday is was extremely busy and the bartenders were running around crazy. I was not sure what to expect with drinks and wasn’t sure if the bartenders would know how to make “American” mixed drinks. Thankfully, they have signs up at the bars with a list cocktails available. I’m sure they could make other things if you asked (if you spoke Spanish…) but I stuck to the list. I ordered a pina colada and they asked me if I wanted it with rum. I said yes! It was very sweet and the glasses that they give you are tiny. My husband pretty much stuck to beer. They have one beer – El Presidente. It is a little sweet but not bad and it grows on you, so says the hubby at least. I tried a few different mixed drinks but ultimately decided to pretty much stick to the “Zombie.” It has 5 ingredients, 4 of which are alcohol so you definitely feel it if that is the effect you are going for. I ordered a Black Russian twice and the first time got a White Russian, second time a Black Russian. The Brandy Alexander was good for after dinner. We’re not big bar people and don’t really drink that much at home, so we don’t have much of a comparison. But overall we were satisfied with the drinks. I mean, they’re unlimited, you can’t really complain too much. I do recommend the Sports Bar (in the main building) over the outdoor bars. They are less busy and seem to make the drinks better.

The beach/pools: On weekends I would avoid the pools as they are full of Dominicans and screaming children. The beach is beautiful. The ocean is gorgeous and they have a nice area of sand. We had gorgeous weather the entire time we were there. The lounge chairs are quite old, many with holes and weren’t the most comfortable. But they were okay. The peddlers were relentless. We tried every method of saying no and none seemed to work any better than the next. They will offer you scaves, and try to braid your hair, give you a massage, sell you jewlrey, sell you wooden sculptures, cigars, shrimp, and fruit. They will come by every 10 to 15 minutes at least. It was really awful. Plus they have tables set up in the evenings with some of the same stuff and more and they will call out to you ask you walk by to look at their stuff. Oh and they also will try to sell you ATV excursions and excursions. We were never given a card to get towels at the beach. However, one time I was able to get a towel it was pretty thin and worn. But functional.

Entertainment: We didn’t really do much in the way of “entertainment.” We saw the nightly show at the outdoor theater in part twice, and it seemed to be the same dances. On Saturday night they had the locals getting up on stage and shaking their butts in a competition to see who could shake it best. I thought it was kind of amusing but I could see some finding it tasteless. We never went to the Boom Disco although we heard it from our room. It didn’t bother us too much though since the air conditioner was so loud. We did not do the mini golf or badminton or anything else. It all seemed pretty run down but I’m sure you could have fun anyway. We spent most of our time lying on the beach, eating, and engaging in adult relations  I saw them do beach aerobics once and it looked pretty fun actually.

Overall, we had a wonderful time. However, the resort is severely lacking and I would not recommend it to English speaking people. They would need to have a major cash influx to be able to significantly improve the facilities, but there a few things that I think could be done without too much financial difficulty. I would strongly recommend actually seating guests in the dining room and assigning waiters to specific sections. I would also recommend making a distinction between busboys and waiters. After the weekend they seemed to do a good job clearing used plates but still lacked somewhat in filing drinks. Since that’s all there is to do at a buffet it’s pretty important. It was really difficult with the language barrier, and although the staff seemed to have a basic English competency, they never knew what language each guest spoke. We were constantly asked if we spoke French while we were there. Maybe they should consider making the wrist bands color coded to what language the guest speaks. They definitely have color coded wrist bands but we weren’t really sure what the colors meant. I also didn’t see anyone get a massage the whole week we were there. I would take out the massage tables on the beach and replace it with a juke box….just a thought. They did play music on the beach and it was okay. The same every day and maybe a little loud if you were too close.

Anyway that’s all I can think of at the moment. Try to have an open mind and if you are looking for a high quality resort look elsewhere. But for the price we paid I really can’t complain. I think we got our money’s worth and that you can too if you just have an open mind and try to ignore any seeming sanitary lapses. Thanks for reading!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
LilibethGarcia, GM Assistant at Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Client:

Please receive our warmest regards from Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino. At the time we thank you for your kind comments concerning our splendid beach and the willingness of our staff.

Our company growth is only possible due to the appreciation our customers give us; therefore we collect and analyze customer feedback using customer satisfaction and, or suggestion forms covering various areas, such as catering services, food quality, housekeeping services, entertainment quality and more. In addition to information on areas for improvement, the feedback also reveals the existence of an improvement opportunity. Subsequently we use an appraisal system to assess the performance of the services we provide, taking into account clients perception and any relevant matter that could be brought to our attention for our valued customers.

Allow us to inform you that we impressively value the importance that maintaining updated our hotel facilities and areas has for our customers; no matter if the reason of their trip is leisure, business or relaxation, our hotel reassures our customers the constant renovation of our Hotel rooms and common areas, as we also guarantee our maintenance department provides an adequate service to our clients, attending any request from you behalf on a timely manner.

Our Resort provides a number of different services within the comforting and entirely secure environment of our property which are often available for the enjoyment of both local and foreigner clientele as in most countries in the wide world. This has never affected the services we provide to guests staying for a longer period and includes the provision of bedroom, food and beverage services in restaurants, bars, conference rooms and leisure facilities. The services our Hotel provides are clearly a response to our customers’ expectations. We honestly consider that the vision of success in hospitality industry development can be achieved only by our Hotel providing not only what “You” our valued customers need but exceeding your expectations.

We should inform you that most of our employees have good knowledge of English and we are constantly offering courses to all our staff to reinforce their level of conversation, especially to those in direct contact with our guests. However please be reminded that Spanish is our mother tongue and their pronunciation of a foreign language might not be perfect.

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel needs a lot of work, the rooms are very outdated, no hot water or no water at all a couple of times, the air conditioning unit was very loud in our room and stopped working after the first day. It was never repaired although we called on it several times. Water leaked through the walls when the shower was running. We arrived to find reservation issues which took several days to resolve, and we had to come up with cash to pay again for the first night at the hotel. We were told that it was not the hotels fault because the travel agency did not send our reservation information to them, not sure if this is true or not as I had my confirmation information.
Some of the front desk staff were not very helpful in the beginning but finally came around and helped us resolve the problem after a couple of days. Most days the power went out a couple times a day, probably why the air conditioner did not work . Some of the staff was friendly, but they did not speak a lot of english, and we do not speak spanish so this was an issue. There was a lot of food available, but it was just so so. The nightly entertainment seemed to be the same dancing every night, they need a little more variety. The hotel does sit on a great beach, but there are to many people walking around on the beach trying to sell you something.

Room Tip: Don't expect your room to look like the pictures on the web site, request a room on the beach si...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
LilibethGarcia, GM Assistant at Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Client:

Allow us to inform you that we do not undervalue the importance that maintaining updated our hotel facilities and areas has for our customers; no matter if the reason of their trip is leisure, business or relaxation, we guarantee our customers the constant renovation of our Hotel rooms and common areas, as we also reassure our maintenance department provides an adequate service to our clients, attending any request from you behalf on a timely manner.

Regina, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to this resort for a nice getaway. We realized it was only a 3* and did not expect more than that.
I had read some reviews before I went, one about a lady who had her Iphone and hair straightener stolen, but I decided to give it a try.

We found for the most part everything was a 3* and service was really good.
Except we were very dissapointed on how the hotel handed our belongings getting stolen out of our room!!
Our second last night we had a slip under the door letting us know of our checkout process.
When I was in the room looking over it, I took my camera out of my suitcase and looked through the pictures, was very excited about the photos and then carefully tucked it back into my suitcase.
The next day the maid came and cleaned our room (we left GREAT tips everytime plus childrens colouring books, crayons, stickers, jewelery, candy) but towels hadn't been changed, when we went back before supper we saw the towels had been changed.
When I went to get the camera out of the suitcase to take with us on our last night for supper
It was gone! The case was there, but the expensive Nikon camera and 50 dollars in the front pouch were gone.

We told the hotel staff and 3 of them came into our room and searched through all of our stuff to make sure WE were not the ones that were lieing and that it hadn't infact been misplaced.
They wrote up a report and told us by the next morning (when we had to leave) they would figure out more for us.
The hotel manager sat down with us... 15 minutes before we had to leave and told us... "we checked to see who had entered your room by your key card.. and it was only the maid... and we aren't saying You are lieing... but she didn't do it.. she has been with us for 10 years and we have never had a problem".... that was it!
Goodbye camera, good bye memories.
We did have a safe and we should have locked it up, but where is the responsibility lie when the hotel staff goes through your belongings!
We paid good money to be there and all the company could do was send us on our merry way.
We will NEVER go here again, we will NEVER recommend anyone to go here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LilibethG_12, GM Assistant at Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Client:

Please receive our warmest regards from Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino. At the time we thank you for your kind comments concerning the quality service our staff provides.

In regard to the lost item situation you are describing us, allow us to inform you most hotels around the world considerably have limit responsibility for loss or damage to valuables kept in rooms. When a hotel requests that a guest state a "declared value" for valuables, the hotel generally has the right, on behalf of its insurer, to inspect the valuables for stated value as most insurance policies demand that the items must be stored in the hotel safe in order to be covered for loss. Room safes are generally recommended and the guest assumes all responsibility for getting the items into the safe as there is only one key for it. A hotel is generally not responsible for loss of personal belongings in areas other than the guest's private room as long as the items were kept on the safety deposit box.

All our rooms are equipped with safes and our Front Office offers a safety deposit box facility. Should any guests lose personal belongings whilst staying at our Hotel, if recovered, the item will be recorded as 'found'. Our hotel keeps detailed records of all found items and will make a reasonable effort to contact the guest if an item is left in the hotel's guest room after the guest has checked-out which will be placed in our Lost & Found safety box. We will ship items back at the owner's expense. Any items in the Lost & Found, which are not claimed within ninety (90) days, will be donated to a local charity or discarded.

Hotels are not responsible for every accident or loss that occurs on the premises, nor do we insure the absolute safety of every guest belongings. Hotels are generally not liable for valuables that are not secured in the hotel safe. If you don't use the safe and your valuables are lost, the hotel is not responsible since you could have protected your belongings but did not do so.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

First, the sheets on the bed had holes in them. The beach towels were worn and frail and if you lost your card they were going to charge you $25.00. Sometimes they used the food from the pervious night into a new dish for lunch. The drinks were not top quality, they showed you bottles of the good stuff but served a cheaper brand. The jaccuzi was not hot at all and there was no bubbles or power basically just a warm pool. The area to wash off your body of salt water was out-of-service. We were updated to the "Vacation Club" rooms when we joined and there was a ROACH in the room when I awoke at night to go to bathroom, the sheets on the bed were worn with holes, there was no dresser to put your clothes in, the lounge chair in the upstairs bedroom was dirty and sandy when you sat on it, the closet you could not hang clothes and have a place for other clothes because it held the safe deposit box and the iron and iron board and the closet door could not fully open. The regular rooms were much better. Downstairs the "living room" the furniture was worn and boken, the sofa bed was lumpy.

Room Tip: Don't join the "Vacation Club" the rooms they give are worst in quality then the regul...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Client:

We pride ourselves on our reliable housekeeping service, constantly offering our very best to serve our customer efficiently and courteously to ensure that guests feel at home the moment they enter a room, it is important that the sheets on the bed and the towels in the bathroom are spotless and of good quality. Our housekeeping staff provides each room: pillowcases, sheets, towels and duvet covers after been carefully processed on our laundry department. Our rooms are furnished with comfortable doubles or spacious king size bed, which includes an open designed closet and a dresser for our clients to place their clothes. All our rooms are carefully cleaned and prepared for our housekeeping staff on a daily basis, unless our clients place the “do not disturb” sign on the door.

Allow us to inform you that our Hotel is constantly developing improvements by working towards refurbishing, landscaping and beautifying the Hotel. We have recently made some renovations in our areas such as Rooms, Disco, Snack bar, etc. We consider these renovations transformed our property to a better hotel in comparison to years before. At our hotel we keep working to update all our rooms, restaurants, common areas and all our meeting spaces.

Please consider that our bars are places of recreation where most of our clientele comes to relax while enjoying a drink. Our five bar's recipes and their entertaining music create the satisfactory environment for our guests to enjoy and relax at once. A very wide selection of drinks will provide our customers the opportunity to complete the wonderful experience of their vacations. We are really sorry to know that our beverage offer was not at the level of your standards.

At our Hotel we pride ourselves on offering a wide range of high quality food specially prepared for the wide diversity of our guests. We’re sure to offer each of our valued customers some delightful meals with the splendid and desired seasoning of the Caribbean. We consider incorrect your comments pertaining to food been repeated from a previous day, as we consistently prepare a whole different buffet each day for our dear guests.

We thank you for sharing your recent experience in our Resort and we hope to welcome you again in our property in the near future.

Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Would rate it as good. I was a little afraid to go after reading all the negative reviews but felt better about it when I read the positive ones. I was glad to see the very nice lobby when we arrived, looked very clean and comfy. Check in was quick, didn't have to change rooms.
ROOM

It was spacious, clean, air conditioning worked (it was a little noisy but not a problem) the ceiling
fan also worked. There is no fridge in the room. Balcony with a partial view of ocean. Quiet area. Block S. The bathtub was very old and needed a deep cleaning, We had hot water, pressure could have been better but it was OK. Expect electricity to go out every now and then, usually not for too long, this is normal in Santo Domingo not just in this hotel. Not a big deal, bring a small flashlight if you like. If you like to use a washcloth maybe you should bring one, they have a problem it seems with replacing towels, maybe it was a high season, not sure.

FOOD

We thought the food was great ! For breakfast, smoothies, selection of fruit, hard boiled eggs or get an omelet or fried eggs at the egg station. cheese, sausage and different meats and vegetables etc. croissants, different breads, cereal, oatmeal, hot chocolate, yogurt most days.....can't imagine someone not finding that the selection was poor.LUNCH was also always full of great things to eat, always fresh vegetables for a salad. Steamed veggies, even the beef was tender ! Always had plenty of different things to eat. Great desserts too ! SUPPER was the same, lot's of great food, The fresh pasta was great too ! we never ended up going to the other restaurants because we were happy with the buffet. We didn't hear anyone else complaining either.

PUBLIC BATHROOMS were quite clean, can't complain.

POOL is a little small but very nice with a mini artificial waterfall on one side.There is a second pool to the left that is very quite. Never went in it as I prefer to be on the beach.

BEACH is great !! Very big beach with plenty of chairs and trees for shade. The ocean was nice but some days there were some rocks, just be careful, most days it was nice. You can walk or run for a long time along the beach, Do go for a walk, the ocean looks different all along the beach. There are many vendors selling things, if you are not interested give them a polite but firm "no thank you" make sure to deal down the price if you do buy without being unfair.

BARS we are not drinkers but the bars seem to be full often and the bartenders are full of fun. We were serving ourselves with the coffee machines or getting a soda. You can also refill your water bottle at the bars. There are a few bars in the main area, one that opens in the game room in the lobby and then in the evening in the DISCO but I think you have to pay for the drinks in the disco, we got a drink in the game room bar and brought it in the disco.The disco is opened to the public. It is a nice disco, Most nights it was fun.

If you like you can go for a walk to the right and there are some restaurants and small bars. We only saw this the last night we were there, to bad.

The overall setup of the hotel was very charming with many small seating areas to have a drink or people watch, vendors set up stands to sell things some days. Everything is nearby and easy to get to.

ANIMATION keeps you busy with sports and games if you like, they also had a Zumba class and other dance lessons. The aerobics in the ocean was great !! The shows were ok, some were really funny.

SNACKS AT MANGO'S if you want to sit out and eat ,you can eat at the snack bar and have
hamburgers, hotdogs, pizza or tacos etc there always seemed to be many people there....nice view of the ocean.

STAFF was mainly very friendly. We really enjoyed our stay, my friend even met a great guy from Michigan at the disco ! lol They are talking every day now.

Enjoy !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!