“Outstanding New Year's experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cabarete
Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp
113 Main Street Calle Principle, Cabarete 12345, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #6 of 18 Cabarete B&B and Inns
Santo Domingo
“Outstanding New Year's experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

In the past, after spending every single new year's with family and friends, we decided to spend 2010's by ourselves in Cabarete. We couldn't have selected a better hotel than Casa Blanca's. Located on the east side of Cabarete Bay, it offered us tranquility, along with proximity to the beach and Cabarete's excellent restaurants and bars, without having to be around the noise that accompanies those locations.

William and his wife are excellent hosts and the service is outstanding. The rooms are comfortable and the restaurant located at their hotel "Claro" makes the most fabulous omelettes in Cabarete (this is a must!). We are already looking forward to returning to the Casa Blanca very soon.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
fairbanks alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

I toured on foot most hotels in Caberate and found the Casa Blanca. I walked in and looked around the place and met the owners William and Dorothy Oosterman. After a few minutes talking with them it felt like I knew them all my life.They make people feel right at home. Dorothy gave me a tour of the place and I stayed there 4 nights. I had a bright clean room upstairs and could sit on a balconey overlooking the lush garden and trees with birds chirping. They had a full kichen for use with patio tables and chairs. I liked to have lunch there next to the nice pool area. In one minute you can walk to Janets market that sells most everything. The beaches ocean shopping and nightlife are amazing here!!! The staff, Rita and Juan were helpful and fun to talk to. I will be staying here again, I recommend this hotel with good value and location. Phillip P. North Pole Alaska

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
nashville,tn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

Rusty narrow spiral staircases lead you to your room with a sliding glass door. Campy style kitchen which is probably fine for young students or true budget travelers, hotter than hell without a/c at night, so if they do have a/c definitely request one of those rooms. Pool is nice. Not direct beach access but short walk away. Easy walk to everything including great supermarket, Mexican food and the strip of restaurants on the beach. I would not stay again, but for the money, you know that you aren't getting a full amenities hotel........although I think some cosmetic upgrades would help. Maybe not camping, but definitely think YMCA or youth hostel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
cabaretewilliam, Owner at Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp, responded to this review, November 17, 2009
The guest noted great location and great value and for the money, you know that you aren't getting a full amenities hotel. Exactly. You are paying $40 for a studio apartment, an unbeatable price in Cabarete. We do have rooms with AC but the client did not want to spend the money on that. All the mattresses are newer high quality orthopaedic with quality sheets for a good nights rest. In October we have replaced the whole roof with natural wood and beams. All the ceramics, doors and bathrooms in the rooms are being redone/replaced! Perhaps we will need to raise the price a few dollars next year but it has always been our goal to cater to the budget travelers who of course should know they are not getting a $120 per night room. The stairs, well, we are next to the awesome ocean and the salt moisture means we paint them every six months. Our service is excellent. Our maid Rita - with us for 14 years - is the best! For the budget conscious traveler unbeatable value!
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

I stayed at the Casa Blanca Hotel for the month of February 2009. This hotel is very close to the main part of town and to the beach. Walking everywhere is easy. Janet's Supermarket is about a 60 second walk away where you can pretty much buy anything you want. The beach is about 3 minutes away. The hotel, pool area and rooms are very clean. The hosts are extremely warm and friendly in a natural way. I did not worry about leaving my camera, ipod, etc., in my room at all. It is a vacation resort though so you do have to make sure you lock up during the day and at night, just as you would in any resort area. I have travelled extensively through the Caribbean and I feel this hotel, and the Dominican Republic, are excellent value for the dollar. I have already booked the same room at the Casa Blanca for 2010...did I mention it was for two months this time...February and March???
Gerry A.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

Myself and my Fiancé stayed at Casa Blanca for 5 weeks in the summer in Studio E. We had an amazing time; the hotel itself was perfect for our needs. The room was spacious, clean and had a great view of the immaculately kept pool and garden area below. The owners, William and Dorothy were very friendly and informative and did their utmost to ensure that our stay was enjoyable. The main purpose of my visit was to kitesurf; the hotel represented an excellent base for this. Just beside the building there is a path that leads directly to the beach (1 minute walk). This section of the bay is very quiet- a lovely, practically private, beach. My usual routine was to launch the kite from this beach and kite downwind to the main kite zone on Bozo Beach (1km) or Kite Beach (2km).

The hotel represents great value for money. I was surprised by some of the other reviews which have reported negatively. The fact is the hotel is not mega luxury, but is very good quality at a very reasonable price. On the issue of security, I found the hotel and the surrounding area to be very safe.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

On arriving at the Casa Blanca Hotel we were greeted by William and Dorothy our hosts. What a lovely quaint hotel the Casa Blanca is. My husband, son and myself really enjoyed the lovely garden with pool as well as the efficiency room. There is a small restaurant Claro's at the Casa Blanca which serves a wonderful breakfast/lunch menu.
All the staff at the hotel and restaurant greeted us every day with smiles and Hola.

William and Dorothy were great hosts telling us where to go and what to do. We were a short walk to the centre of Cabarete with its bustling night life and restaurants right on the beach.

Everyone there is so friendly and pleasant we would definitely return again. You definitely need more than a week's stay here to see all you want to see.

Val and Jean
Ottawa Ontario Canada

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
williamo1, owner at Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp, responded to this review, October 12, 2009
What makes our life interesting and what makes it a joy to operate this hotel is meeting folks like you! So many of people come as clients and become friends! See you again soon!
provo utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

i needed a cheap place to stay before meeting up with my family. im usually skeptical with anything that i book over the internet. I was pleasantly surprised by casa blanca. the one person room that i stayed in was totally worth the $20 per night. i would gladly return.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
williamo1, Owner at Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp, responded to this review, October 12, 2009
Great Value! We could not agree more. Come back again when it gets cold up there!

Been to Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp? Share your experiences!