“Phenominal Value for the Money” 5 of 5 stars

113 Main Street Calle Principle, Cabarete 12345, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #7 of 23 Cabarete B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
“Phenominal Value for the Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

I stayed at the Casa Blanca Hotel for the month of February 2009. This hotel is very close to the main part of town and to the beach. Walking everywhere is easy. Janet's Supermarket is about a 60 second walk away where you can pretty much buy anything you want. The beach is about 3 minutes away. The hotel, pool area and rooms are very clean. The hosts are extremely warm and friendly in a natural way. I did not worry about leaving my camera, ipod, etc., in my room at all. It is a vacation resort though so you do have to make sure you lock up during the day and at night, just as you would in any resort area. I have travelled extensively through the Caribbean and I feel this hotel, and the Dominican Republic, are excellent value for the dollar. I have already booked the same room at the Casa Blanca for 2010...did I mention it was for two months this time...February and March???
Gerry A.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

Myself and my Fiancé stayed at Casa Blanca for 5 weeks in the summer in Studio E. We had an amazing time; the hotel itself was perfect for our needs. The room was spacious, clean and had a great view of the immaculately kept pool and garden area below. The owners, William and Dorothy were very friendly and informative and did their utmost to ensure that our stay was enjoyable. The main purpose of my visit was to kitesurf; the hotel represented an excellent base for this. Just beside the building there is a path that leads directly to the beach (1 minute walk). This section of the bay is very quiet- a lovely, practically private, beach. My usual routine was to launch the kite from this beach and kite downwind to the main kite zone on Bozo Beach (1km) or Kite Beach (2km).

The hotel represents great value for money. I was surprised by some of the other reviews which have reported negatively. The fact is the hotel is not mega luxury, but is very good quality at a very reasonable price. On the issue of security, I found the hotel and the surrounding area to be very safe.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

On arriving at the Casa Blanca Hotel we were greeted by William and Dorothy our hosts. What a lovely quaint hotel the Casa Blanca is. My husband, son and myself really enjoyed the lovely garden with pool as well as the efficiency room. There is a small restaurant Claro's at the Casa Blanca which serves a wonderful breakfast/lunch menu.
All the staff at the hotel and restaurant greeted us every day with smiles and Hola.

William and Dorothy were great hosts telling us where to go and what to do. We were a short walk to the centre of Cabarete with its bustling night life and restaurants right on the beach.

Everyone there is so friendly and pleasant we would definitely return again. You definitely need more than a week's stay here to see all you want to see.

Val and Jean
Ottawa Ontario Canada

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
williamo1, owner at Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp, responded to this review, October 12, 2009
What makes our life interesting and what makes it a joy to operate this hotel is meeting folks like you! So many of people come as clients and become friends! See you again soon!
provo utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

i needed a cheap place to stay before meeting up with my family. im usually skeptical with anything that i book over the internet. I was pleasantly surprised by casa blanca. the one person room that i stayed in was totally worth the $20 per night. i would gladly return.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
williamo1, Owner at Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp, responded to this review, October 12, 2009
Great Value! We could not agree more. Come back again when it gets cold up there!
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

We just returned from our trip and we stayed at Casa Blanca. When I booked the room, I got one w/out AC, but was told by William that the room got "Great ocean breezes". However, what he failed to mention was that I needed to keep all the windows shut and locked at night so that I wouldn't get robbed. The Hotel has almost no security, so petty theft can be an issue. We never had anything stolen from us, but a laptop was stolen the last night that we were there.
The rooms are very basic and is a good place to stay if you plan on spending very little time at the hotel. It's like indoor camping. The restaurant downstairs, Claro, is FABULOUS! The best part of staying at the Casa Blanca Hotel was the people we met that were also staying there! They were younger travelers and that was the highlight of our stay.
The last thing that I need to mention is that while we stayed, we noticed few other guest bringing back prostitutes to there room. Personally, this made me uncomfortable that the owners were aware of this and tolerated these guest bringing these girls back to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
williamo1, Owner at Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp, responded to this review, October 9, 2009
Our rooms are very nice. They have hot and cold running water, modern bathrooms with indoor showers and toilets, new orthopaedic mattresses, mosquito screens, and stoves and fridges. Camping? That would be sleeping on the ground, mosquitoes, camp stoves, no fridge, no hot or cold running water and no toilet. It depends on what you expect for $32 a night when most of Cabarete is $45 to $120. We upgraded these clients from a room to a very nice $44 studio at no extra charge. Anywhere in Cabarete, it is wise and advisable to keep your doors closed and locked at night. Petty theft happens when guests ignore our good advise.

We do have a strict no prostitute policy and do not “tolerate them”. As with every hotel anywhere in the world, we cannot always stop guests from bringing a “friend” back from a bar late at night. I also suggest that guests do not prejudge other guests. We have two white men here who are visiting their legitimate Dominican long term girl friends, both university students. It can be racial profiling to jump to the wrong conclusion. I am happy that these guests did enjoy the “younger travelers who were the highlight of your stay”. That is the kind of guests our hotel attracts and it makes our living in and managing our hotel a real pleasure. As you can see 42 of the 44 reviewers agree!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

Casa Blanca is a simple, no frills place as is most of the accommodations in Cabarete. It is not luxury, so if you have a picky spouse or partner, it may not be the place for you. Go to the posh and more expensive places if you want that. Few rooms offer A/C or TV, but for me that was fine. Mosquitoes can be a nuisance, but if you keep your screens/doors closed, it will be fine. The pool area is great. The attached restaurant is great. The supermarket down the street is also a great convenience. You can walk to everything, and if you don't want to walk back, the Motoconchos can take you anywhere for little money.

This place is perfect for 1 or 2 kitesurfers who want to be based out of the madness of Kitebeach. You can always travel there by taxi if you want. There is access to a very secluded beach that better faces the prevailing winds. The eastern half of Cabarete Bay beach is often in a wind shadow, so launching from there isn't always an option. Off of the secluded beach, there is a reef and there are some launch hazards, but experience kitesurfers can handle it. High tide is fairly safe. Low tide it will be clear what you need to avoid. Once around the point (downwind), you'll have the entire bay to enjoy with flat water. Waves can be enjoyed right off the launching beach, although it can get choppy and rough. Working back upwind to the launching point is fairly easy if the wind is adequate.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
KScizz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

The Casa Blanca is a very cute hotel in Cabarete, my favorite beach on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. The owners are super friendly and helpful. It's set a very easy walk from the beach just off the main road through town. Restaurants and shopping are easily accessible. The beach is amazing whether you want to windsurf, kite board, kayak, swim, or just soak up the sun. Casa Blanca is a really wonderful place to stay because it's inexpensive, well located, and really comfortable. I lived in the Dominican for a year, and every time we went to the beach, we stayed at Casa Blanca. I would totally recommend it to anyone visiting Cabarete!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp? Share your experiences!