“A perfect spot!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kite Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Kite Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Kite Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kite Beach | Carretera Sosua, Cabarete, Dominican Republic   |
Special Price
SUMMER PROMO 15%OFF
Ranked #6 of 21 hotels in Cabarete
New York City, New York
“A perfect spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I came to the Kite Beach Hotel reading great reviews but still not exactly sure what to expect. I can say now that I am leaving, that it far exceeded my expectations. Janina and crew run a great hotel. The service is kind and helpful-- always smiles on everyone's face! The rooms are very well maintained, the grounds are beautiful. It is the perfect spot for a short or long getaway! You get a front row seat to the afternoon kiting action which if you haven't seen before is nothing less than amazing. I am already planning my return. Special shout out to Stefan at Kitexcite for getting me up on the board in just a few days. It's the perfect place to learn the best sport I have ever tried.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wall Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had an amazing time. A bit nervous at first not going to an all-inclusive but all my fears left me as soon as we arrived. Amazing people such as Janina greeted us upon arrival. (I also previously emailed her with questions and she responded quickly). Janina gave us amazing advise from what to do, where to eat and how to get there. If you are lucky enough you will get to hang with her and get to know her as well as Robin (owner) and his family.

Roberto and Michelle bartended almost everyday who are wonderful. I do not have enough words to express how wonderful the people are at kite beach as well as the kite school next door especially Alfredo.

The food and drinks were great. I am very picky and loved everything I ate and drank. We ate lunch and dinner there almost everynight. If you wanna eat off the hotel Ali's, Gordito's and Blue Moon are wonderful but as I said Janina will tell you. Follow her advice she knows what she is talking about.
We were suppose to leave on a Wed and extended our stay until Sat. I could of stayed forever. Everyone else we meet from the locals to the Americas who now reside there and the other guests are such cool and nice people. You will not be dissappointed (only that you have to leave)
Kite Beach we just wanna thank you and hope to see you all very soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had a great time! Many thanks to Janina and all the staff at KBH. Janina organized a number of events, gave us advice, made suggestions on activities, restaurants, etc. She made our trip one of those vacations you never forget!

As far as our room, our unit in the new building were spacious, clean and comfortable. The food at the hotel was great and its a good location from which to enjoy many different activities.

Wished my schedule had allowed us more time there.

I would definitely go back to KBH, have missed it since we got back to Canada.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The good: friendly people always trying to accommodate our requests, rooms in the new building were clean and comfortable, Incredible food, Great restaurants nearby and a Great location to Kite surf

The Bad: I didn’t have enough time to stay longer, I heard that the activities at the hotel after I left were amazing

The Best: From the beginning Janina was always helpful giving us advice about where to go and what to do. Also, organizing events for the guest and providing always a great environment for the guests.

The Worst: Nothing worst that going back to Canada during winter knowing that there is an amazing place in Cabaratte where I can have so much fun.

Highly recommended

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Opua, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

A wonderful location to kite board, relax and explore!

A special thanks to Janina for taking such great care of me your attention to all the little details that made my special was exceptional!

Kind Regards,
Craig

Room Tip: Ocean views and sea breezes!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The hotel is ideally situated : Kite Beach is a bit away from the hotels complex and more quiet, in the afternoon it's a paradise for kite surfers as the wind is well oriented and the spot quite safe.
The rooms are nice, comfortable, clean, we never had any problem of water, air conditioned nor electricity. Actually everything is maintained like this : the pool, the restaurant, with all the staff always ready to help if you need anything and that is maybe one the most appreciable thing because everybody is nice, welcoming, and attentive
The bar-restaurant is just on the beach, offering services from breakfast to dinner time quite late, the cooker is really good and the prices quite affordable : you could not ask for more !!
The team is dynamic, especially Janina the manager, always ready to give good advices, tries new recipes for daily meal each day and has organised a very friendly New Year's Eve party
Well, for sure we would go there again if we plan a new trip in DR !

Room Tip: try to have a room with the view on the beach, and in the new building they even all have a small ba...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were at the Kite Beach Hotel this past August and really enjoyed our stay. Staff was very friendly, starting from Janina, who was great not only in accomodating us at the hotel (and helped with a room change which suited our kiting equipment needs better), but with Cabarete info at 360°. She gave us hints on anything and everything, which made us feel right at home!
The hotel is fantastic especially for kiters of course, as it is right ON the spot, but it is very nice to stay overall. Rooms are nice and clean, and there is a new building if you prefer more modern accomodation.
Cabarete is about a 20min walk on the beach or 10min scooter ride, which is quick and easy (there are always taxi scooters outside the hotel and the ride only costs a couple of euros).
We would love to go back and stay at the KBH!

Room Tip: Make sure you choose between the older buildings and the newer part of the hotel when you book your...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kite Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!