“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LG Surf Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cabarete
LG Surf Camp
You added LG Surf Camp to your Saves list
5 Route SW, Cabarete 57000, Dominican Republic   |
Ottawa
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Thank you so much to Yves and Luciano for the wonderful hospitality during my recent kitesurfing trip to Cabarete. LG was a very chilled and relaxed place to hang out. The food was amazing and the accomodations exceeded my expectations. LG is the perfect place especially for the solo traveller. There is a great vibe to the place which makes you feel comfortable and at home immediately. The location is perfect. Right on the beach it is a short walk to Kitebeach to the left and a short walk to Cabarete Bay to the right. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Neptune Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was my fourth surf trip to Cabarete. My first trip there was in 2009 and I've been back every year since. I met Luciano on my first trip and over the years, we've kept in touch and I've surfed with him each time I've visited Cabarete. When I heard he opened his own surf camp, it was definitely the placed I'd be staying when I returned. I was very impressed when I arrived of the set up of the camp. It's a penthouse with a view over looking the ocean. Absolutely amazing sight to see every day while you're in the camp. From the breaks over the reefs to the kiteboarders zipping up and down the beach to the pool next to to the beach with the palm trees in the back drop, excellent view! There's 3 separate rooms with different variations depending on how many you're traveling with. Very well put together. The common area has all you need to lounge around when you want to rest. You also have the option of getting a separate studio or 1 bedroom. The camp is right on the beach so you can hang at the pool or walk right onto the beach. The surf in Encuentro is never disappointing. We surfed every day, two sections a day. Everything from a foot or two over head, to 3 footers.

The staff is super friendly and fun to be around. Luciano is truly what makes his camp fun be in. He's extremely polite and respectful, and he had a big heart. He always putting the needs/wants of his clients first. He's an excellent surf and kiteboard instructor (I would argue the best in the area). He's a true waterman. You're completely safe in the water when he's with you. He's knows every part of the reefs and weather and when it's best to surf and/or kiteboard.

Overall, this is an excellent camp to stay at and Cabarete is a fun town. You can't go wrong with the surf in Encuentro either! I will be heading back next year and I'll definitely be staying at LG Surf Camp again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've had the best holiday ever at LG Surf Camp this february. Besides the great company I met there, I can only agree with everything said about the fantastic location/accomodation/food, etc. Looking at the sunrise over the ocean from the balcony with a fresh cup of coffee every morning is priceless. The rooms are very spacious, clean, decorated with style, felt like home from the first minute.
The first couple of days I stayed in one of the downstairs apartments, also ocean-view, a bit more quiet, which is the way to go if you prefer some more privacy. Upstairs the view is breathtaking, and there is always something going on in the community area, equipped with sound system, plasma tv and a very comfortable couch.
Luciano is an amazing instructor, he is 100% there for you not only on the lessons, but during the whole stay. If you are serious about learning to surf, there is no better teacher out there. He spent time with us after surfing as well, even went to see the carnival in a nearby city together, we had a lot of fun with him. At the end of the holiday we said goodbye as friends.

I recommend LG Surf Camp to everybody, will definitely return!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Tenerife, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

If you're looking for some serious action and training, this is your plan.

The day starts just before 7am, the sun may still not be up yet, but we were drinking coffee and jumping on Luciano's van to go to Encuentro looking for some nice wake up surfing.

After an hour and a half or so, depending on how good the day was, we came back home for amazing breakfast: fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereal, toast, eggs, fresh juice...

The apartment is amazing. New built, daily cleaning, best views you can imagine, very comfortable. You can walk on the beach to the town centre or jump on a motoconcho if you feel lazy.

If the wind picks up then it's time to hit the reef with your kite, if not, the alternatives are SUP or back to Encuentro for more surfing. When we come back home dinner is already served. Very tasty and healthy typical Dominican food.

You can try to stay home at night and be a good boy/girl and save energies for the morning surf, but Cabarete's nightlife is a temptation. Who doesn't love great very cheap rum and clubs on the beach?

They picked me up in Puerto Plata and drove me to Santo Domingo for my return flight. Luciano will stay with you and help you improve your skills... besides making you laugh.

If you want to worry just about sport and fun and let the rest be very well organized, this is your best bet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was dying to take surf lessons and i went to cabarete for a weekend and had the most amazing surf class with Luciano, It was the best experience in my life. In the first day of just trying i was up in the water like a professional... Its the BEST surf Camp you will ever go... Thanks everyone that was part of that amazing crew.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I can't tell you how perfect this surf camp is! I have been other surf camp, including the Swell surf camp, but this one is simply way better. LG Surf Camp surf is located right on the beach, all the rooms have ocean view and not the type that you only see a small piece of the ocean but whole ocean....it just amazing. The rooms are big, clean and new with a very big shower. I was expecting something nice from this surf camp but not that much.
H
I met a lot peoples and made some new friends from different country in the commune area. The food is just great, fresh TASTY food, yogurt, omelette, scrambled eggs...name it and the cook will have it ready for you. I was even able to practice my Spanish with her.

The set up is just perfect, surf in the morning, come back, have a huge breakfast, go back surfing after (if not to tired) come back eat again and relax, chill on the beach, play volleyball, walk to Cabarete by the beach, go shopping, etc. My week just went by so fast.

Luciano, the owner, is a really great guy. He will do everything possible to make sure you enjoy your stay. FYI, he is probably one of the most experience guy in DR in water sports including surfing, SUP and kitting. He has won the Master of the Ocean challenges a few times in is life which is a combination of these 3 sports. Either if you are a beginner, intermediate or advance, he can help you out. I'm an intermediate my self and I got some pretty good advice from him. One important thing to know is that almost all there surfing, SUP and kitting equipments are new. For surfing, they have a fast range of performance surfboard that you have access too. Trust me, other surf camps don't offer these kind of boards.

I tried kitesurfing for my first time and man was I glad to be with Luciano. He really knows what he is doing compared to other 'improvised instructor' on the beach. When you try kite surfing, you simply want to have the best instructor for safety reason and because you want to progress as fast a possible (at lease I did). For those 2 reasons Luciano is the guy you want to be with...if you try kite surfing, you will know what I mean when you are there...you will see the difference!!

I usually never write reviews and I have been to a few places in my life but this one really deserve it. I came back home with a smile on my face because I discovered this place and I'm sure you will too!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed at LG Surf Camp for a week in November. I wish i stayed longer. The moment i stepped foot into this place, i was impressed....it's gorgeous.
It's an open-concept condo with a huge balcony that wraps around the whole place and a private rooftop deck. It has a nice common area and living room facing the water. My room was spacious and spotless with ensuite washroom, jacuzzi tub and a view of the ocean! Wake up early for the beautiful sunrise with your morning coffee before the first surf session. They prepare a great breakfast every morning and a few dinners. There were a lot of options for lunch and dinner close by. You can walk along the beach to a strip of restaurants, bars and cafes in the center of Cabarete.
Luciano was an amazing host and instructor. He took care of every detail. He knows every surf spot in the area and will show you the best wave for your ability. I've been on a few surf trips before so i was beyond the initial lessons in the white water. He took me in the line-up and I caught the waves of my life with his help and in-water lessons. When the wind picked up, I took a few kite-boarding lessons and i was hooked. Luciano is a pro-kiter so there's nobody better to teach you.
I highly recommend LG Surf Camp. It has it all. I'm going back in a few months!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to LG Surf Camp? Share your experiences!