“Money money money...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Big Air Kite School

Big Air Kite School
Calle Cabarete-Sosua | left side of Hotel Viva Tangerine Cabarete, Cabarete, Dominican Republic
001 809 866 1754
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 43 Activities in Cabarete
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The BIG AIR Kite School is operating in Cabarete Bozo Beach since 8 years and offering Kite lessons with licensed instructors from VDWS and IKO. We have instructors for teaching in several languages like english, german, spanish, italian, russian and french. We always have the latest and new equipment to ensure a comfortable and secure service. This includes also helmets, live jackets and harnesses. For advanced kiteboaders we offer also private kiteboarding lessons to improve their skills and to learn new tricks. For the rental we offer the whole range of the newest bow kites from Best and Starkites and boards from Best, Starkites and Kiteboards Cabarete. And those who bring their own Kiteboarding equipment can store it at the school in one of our lockers directly at the school.
Helsinki, Finland
“Money money money...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Got a feeling that all they are interested in is money..

Tried to tell them I have done some kitesurfing and would like to practise some body dragging before taking classes with the board (just to get the feeling back) and they just kept harping about "no no, take classes". finally I got what I wanted and took a class on top and said now I want to practise getting on the board after I´ve gotten some advice. Then it started again "no, no, take classes right away" very annoying "service"! I left at this point.
Some friends asked me for a buffet barbecue one evening and I went, it happened to be organised by these same german guys. There was not enough food and anyone (6 people) from our group did not get even the chance to taste any ribs.

Visited December 2013

Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
“Kite Boarding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

In April I've been in Cabarete for 2weeks. The reason we choose Cabarete was for Kite Surfing. I have got some lessons in Egypt before, from some french guy who can not speak much English. And my lessons were always with 2 or 3 people together. Not much learning there then wasting money. In Big Air Kite school was excellent teaching. After 3 days i could go to water all by myself and not to worry if something would happen. They thought me all the necessary or unnecessary (you might think that some stuff you dont need to know but better to know) about kite and kite boarding. After 3days i was on the board with full confidence. They all speak perfect English, German. The price is much cheaper than other countries and at the end i can say well spent. It was worth for every each cent.

Visited April 2013