“Why would I go anywhere else?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Laguna Beach

You added Grand Laguna Beach to your Saves list
Grand Laguna Beach
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Calle Number 5, Playa Laguna 1, Cabarete, Dominican Republic   |
Mississauga, Canada
“Why would I go anywhere else?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Another fantastic vacation at Grand Laguna Beach! Organized a group of friends, so wonderful to have great people to share such an amazing experience and the folks at Grand Laguna Beach surpassed our expectations in service and atmosphere. Why would I go anywhere else??? Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
GLBRDR, Owner at Grand Laguna Beach, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
We were glad to have you back, Jen McAneney!
It means a lot to us that you decided to return to and we hope that this won't be the last time. We always enjoy your company. Thanks for another great review!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

From the moment I arrived I was blown away by the laid back and warm welcome I not only received from the loving staff, but also the guests that all seem to return again and again to this beautiful piece of paradise. The rooms were like 5 star, brand new and modern with an apartment style layout fully equipped with granite and tile everywhere, 2 bathrooms that looked like they were built for royalty and all the comforts of home...full modern kitchen and all.
The staff treated us like family and just next door was a beautiful littlw neighborhood of the nicest people I've ever met. The beach was so private it felt like our own and the pool and bar area was perfect.
The absolute best part of this visit was when we asked for a cab to take us to our next destination. Oliver Rivera was not only the best driver I've ever had, but treated us like family and became our best friend there. He literally took care of us for the remainder of our trip in the DR. I CAN'T THANK THE HOTEL ENOUGH FOR CALLING OLIVER FOR US BECAUSE HE MADE OUR ENTIRE TRIP FUN, EXCITING AND MOST OF ALL SAFE.
By far the best experience I had on a vacation in a long time and it is all thanks to the great staff and an unforgettable driver that will became our best friend.

A+++++ to Grand Laguna Beach and Oliver Rivera...the best driver and best person I've ever had the privilege to meet.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GLBRDR, Owner at Grand Laguna Beach, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
What a touching review, Stacey L, thank you very much.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and our nice quiet beach. It is incredible to hear that you enjoyed the company of our staff and guests, or what we like to call the "Grand Laguna Family". And just wait till Oliver hears all the nice things you have said about him! And, we agree, he is a warm and wonderful person. It means a lot to us that you enjoyed your Grand Laguna vacation so thoroughly. Reviews like yours bring a smile across the faces of the entire staff.

Thank you, and we hope to see you again soon as part of the "Grand Laguna Family!"
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to be able to spend 10 glorious days at The Grand Laguna. It was spectacular!!! The condo's are spacious and beautifully decorated and the view from our room was beautiful!!! The staff is exceptional. Always smiling and there to help at anytime. Tim and Teri are the most gracious owners and their attention to detail is phenomenal. We were so impressed with the how clean and organized they are.
The Grand Laguna is in a perfect location, very close to fantastic restaurants and shopping.
We had the best holiday we've ever had. The Grand Laguna exceeded ALL our expectations. They truly treat every guest as family. We're already booking our next trip there!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GLBRDR, Owner at Grand Laguna Beach, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hearing that Grand Laguna Beach was your "Best holiday ever!!" is an incredible gift for us, studiolp, and we thank you for it. My wife Teri and I have poured our hearts in to Grand Laguna and it is very rewarding to hear such kind words. We have always referred to our staff, owners, and guests as the "Grand Laguna Family" and to hear that you felt treated as such is a delight. You are now part of our "Grand Laguna Family" and we couldn't be more excited to have you back again in the future!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I wanted to escape the cold winter of NYC and relax in paradise and that's exactly what we got. It was also important that we had privacy and comfort.. I'm six months pregnant and we really wanted to enjoy our last moments together as a couple before the baby comes along.

When we were booking we were trying to decided between all inclusive resorts or grand Laguna. My husband is a vegetarian chef so our food standards are a high so we knew we wanted to have the option to stay in and cook some nights. Grand Laguna has beautiful kitchens with all the cookware you need to create a great meal.

When I booked our trip I loved the idea we were getting an ocean view room. When we arrived at the resort they put us in a 2 bedroom 2bath with a poolside view. I was bummed that they didn't give us the room we originally booked. I was however grateful they gave us a bigger place but in all honesty we didn't need an extra bathroom or bedroom we were really looking forward to the ocean view. The poolside view was rather loud especially in the morning. There were several families staying and everyday at 7:45 am the kids were in the pool screaming and playing. At first I minded this and started to get angry but then I realized that it was a good thing because I was getting my morning wake up and was able to really enjoy each day with an early start. I wanted to sleep in but I'm glad that I didn't.
If you are looking for a more quite relaxing stay I would recommend a room that doesn't face the pool.

Our condo had very comfortable beds with a beautiful beach style decor. Our living room had a nice size tv with lots of channels. The furniture in the living room was extremely uncomfortable. My husband and I wanted to lounge on the wicker style couch but it was just so uncomfortable it was hard to relax. The cushions were made of plastic I really think the furniture was outdoor furniture and not meant to be in the living room. But overall everything else was beautiful and comfortable.

I recommend renting a car. I'm so glad we did because we went out multiple times and I can't imagine paying for a cab each time. Grand Laguna is close to many places by car not by walking distance.
There is grocery store/gas station right across the street from the resorts road.. There's not many options. I recommend going about a mile down the road to a much larger grocery store in Sousa. We found several options there.

The great thing about grand Laguna is that it's located in between Sousa and Cabarete. There's a lot of great restaurants and other resorts near by.

The beach at Grand Laguna was soo magical! We were in paradise all seven days. We woke up each morning grabbed a complimentary coffee from the pool bar and headed to the beach. Often times we were the only ones on the beach which was special. It was so peaceful and calming. The ocean was calm and refreshing, the water was warm. We swam for hours. In the rooms they provide you with tubberware so you can bring a little lunch with you to the beach. This was a great simple perk that really made our trip enjoyable.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I highly recommend the grand Laguna to couples and families or to anyone that wants to get away and have privacy. We will be back again for sure with are little one! Thank you for making our stay in the DR unforgettable!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GLBRDR, Owner at Grand Laguna Beach, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hello Eyesoftheseas

A great trip advisor name, and a great review. Thank you.

I love the word you chose for our beach – magical. it is just terrific that our guests enjoy our beach as much as we do.

I agree with your comments about the cushions and material on the living room furniture. Couches and pillows in four of our living rooms were completed using plethora. The material in those four condos is being changed to a soft ultra-suede which is very cozy and comfortable. Also, when you return in the future we will have the perfect room with the perfect view waiting for you!

Good luck with the little one and we look forward to greeting three of you on your next visit!
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had the opportunity of staying on the property and my entire vacation was perfect from start to finish,,,,,,,,,I felt very welcome and well cared for........they could not make me feel more welcome.....my beautiful hotel room by the pool was always kept spotlessly clean as were the grounds and the beach.....staff friendly and accomadating.....I would definetly go back and have booked again at the same time next year.....Thank you Grand Laguna

Room Tip: all rooms are well appointed and excellently decorated
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
GLBRDR, Owner at Grand Laguna Beach, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Hello Peterdane2014

What a nice review, thank you very much. It was a pleasure greeting you in the mornings as you read your paper and enjoyed coffee pool side. I look forward to seeing you again. Your review says you would be back in one year, but in going through our reservations this morning, I see that you are coming back at the end of March, which is even better. See you then!

Franklin, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Finishing up my trip here- and I am overall, very impressed with the Grand Laguna. Now keep in mind, it's no fancy fancy all inclusive resort, BUT it didn't need to be to make my trip great.

What I LOVED was: Great staff- all were extremely accommodating: from calling and booking trips to letting me use their phone for an urgent matter to simply asking me what I needed. Staff was sociable and wonderful overall.
Location is GREAT (though I recommend renting a car if you are more of the exploring type)- It has its own beach just steps away (and it's beautiful) and situated between Sosua and Cabarete. I also felt safe. My room was clean, and the maid checked in once and a while. Had a kitchenette. Had balconies facing the ocean. Had A/C.
The only thing was that the water didn't work when I first checking in BUT it was fixed within the first 15 minutes of me noticing it. (I think they were doing maintenance).
So all in all, I highly recommend it overall if you are the one that likes a quiet and peaceful place to rest your head away from the hectic inner town.

Room Tip: Room with an ocean view is phenomenal, but that's all.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GLBRDR, Owner at Grand Laguna Beach, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your Grand Laguna vacation Stephanie O. We try our best to differentiate ourselves from the all inclusive resort format. We offer something more authentic, personal, and with a sense of freedom and exploration that you simply can't get at an all inclusive.

Our staff is also very grateful for your kind words about their service. They do their best to make sure every one is fully accommodated and content. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed your room and view. We hope to have you back again some day, and will keep your ocean view room ready!

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Grand Laguna Beach is a hotel/condo. It is a small 31 unit, new, CLEAN, safe, friendly vacation alternative to the all-inclusives. The entire staff was happy to help us with any concern, always done with a smile. A shout-out to the ladies at the Grotto Bar, awesome service with burgers to match. The beach was a 4 minute walk from the condo as I tend to dawdle and check out the tropical flora. The beach was very private, you will see the odd tourista or fisherman and sometimes a baseball game. The beach can be rough and rocky so you need to pick your spots. TIP 1, at the end of the path at the beach, turn right and look for the scrawny tree and go in there, watch for the soft sand. Re the unit, as mentioned earlier this condo is new and so are the appliances. The kitchen is equipped with all the pots, pans, plates and cutlery you will need. Our 1 bedroom unit was nicely furnished and appointed, the bed was comfortable and as always a seasoned traveller always brings their own pillow(s). TIP 2 bring down Cascades pods 1 every 2 or 3 days for the dishwasher. TIP 3 Upon arrival to POP, if you are not going to rent a car have the office at GLB arrange a ride to get you to the condo. Oliver Rivera was our driver, a professional all the way. Ask him to take you to the supermarket en route to GLB, he was very helpful navigating us through a supermarket where all the labels are in Espanol. If you are looking for a clean, quiet, relaxing vacay, look into the Grand Laguna Beach.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GLBRDR, Owner at Grand Laguna Beach, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Hello Bob S, and thanks for the great review.
We are glad to hear that you love this place as much as we do. We loved having you around, your enthusiasm was inspiring. We all greatly appreciate your thoughtful tips and look forward to seeing you around the Grotto Bar & Grill again soon!

Tim

Been to Grand Laguna Beach? Share your experiences!