“Staying at Grand Laguna” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Laguna Beach

You added Grand Laguna Beach to your Saves list
Grand Laguna Beach
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Calle Number 5, Playa Laguna 1, Cabarete, Dominican Republic   |
Mississauga, Canada
“Staying at Grand Laguna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had the opportunity of staying on the property and my entire vacation was perfect from start to finish,,,,,,,,,I felt very welcome and well cared for........they could not make me feel more welcome.....my beautiful hotel room by the pool was always kept spotlessly clean as were the grounds and the beach.....staff friendly and accomadating.....I would definetly go back and have booked again at the same time next year.....Thank you Grand Laguna

Room Tip: all rooms are well appointed and excellently decorated
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
GLBRDR, Owner at Grand Laguna Beach, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Hello Peterdane2014

What a nice review, thank you very much. It was a pleasure greeting you in the mornings as you read your paper and enjoyed coffee pool side. I look forward to seeing you again. Your review says you would be back in one year, but in going through our reservations this morning, I see that you are coming back at the end of March, which is even better. See you then!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Franklin, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Finishing up my trip here- and I am overall, very impressed with the Grand Laguna. Now keep in mind, it's no fancy fancy all inclusive resort, BUT it didn't need to be to make my trip great.

What I LOVED was: Great staff- all were extremely accommodating: from calling and booking trips to letting me use their phone for an urgent matter to simply asking me what I needed. Staff was sociable and wonderful overall.
Location is GREAT (though I recommend renting a car if you are more of the exploring type)- It has its own beach just steps away (and it's beautiful) and situated between Sosua and Cabarete. I also felt safe. My room was clean, and the maid checked in once and a while. Had a kitchenette. Had balconies facing the ocean. Had A/C.
The only thing was that the water didn't work when I first checking in BUT it was fixed within the first 15 minutes of me noticing it. (I think they were doing maintenance).
So all in all, I highly recommend it overall if you are the one that likes a quiet and peaceful place to rest your head away from the hectic inner town.

Room Tip: Room with an ocean view is phenomenal, but that's all.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GLBRDR, Owner at Grand Laguna Beach, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your Grand Laguna vacation Stephanie O. We try our best to differentiate ourselves from the all inclusive resort format. We offer something more authentic, personal, and with a sense of freedom and exploration that you simply can't get at an all inclusive.

Our staff is also very grateful for your kind words about their service. They do their best to make sure every one is fully accommodated and content. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed your room and view. We hope to have you back again some day, and will keep your ocean view room ready!

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Grand Laguna Beach is a hotel/condo. It is a small 31 unit, new, CLEAN, safe, friendly vacation alternative to the all-inclusives. The entire staff was happy to help us with any concern, always done with a smile. A shout-out to the ladies at the Grotto Bar, awesome service with burgers to match. The beach was a 4 minute walk from the condo as I tend to dawdle and check out the tropical flora. The beach was very private, you will see the odd tourista or fisherman and sometimes a baseball game. The beach can be rough and rocky so you need to pick your spots. TIP 1, at the end of the path at the beach, turn right and look for the scrawny tree and go in there, watch for the soft sand. Re the unit, as mentioned earlier this condo is new and so are the appliances. The kitchen is equipped with all the pots, pans, plates and cutlery you will need. Our 1 bedroom unit was nicely furnished and appointed, the bed was comfortable and as always a seasoned traveller always brings their own pillow(s). TIP 2 bring down Cascades pods 1 every 2 or 3 days for the dishwasher. TIP 3 Upon arrival to POP, if you are not going to rent a car have the office at GLB arrange a ride to get you to the condo. Oliver Rivera was our driver, a professional all the way. Ask him to take you to the supermarket en route to GLB, he was very helpful navigating us through a supermarket where all the labels are in Espanol. If you are looking for a clean, quiet, relaxing vacay, look into the Grand Laguna Beach.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GLBRDR, Owner at Grand Laguna Beach, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Hello Bob S, and thanks for the great review.
We are glad to hear that you love this place as much as we do. We loved having you around, your enthusiasm was inspiring. We all greatly appreciate your thoughtful tips and look forward to seeing you around the Grotto Bar & Grill again soon!

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed at the Grand Laguna Beach Resort over Christmas and New Years. We honestly had an amazing time. The location is perfect; close enough to both Sosua and Cabarete (amazing beaches only 5-10 minutes away), but also a little bit away from the hustle and bustle. The property is well maintained, modern and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Tim and Terry (the owners of the property) are the nicest people you could meet. You can tell they take a lot of pride not only in their property, but also in Dominican as a whole. They did everything they could to ensure we were comfortable and enjoyed our stay. My fiancé and I actually got engaged while in Dominican, and when Tim and Terry found out, as a gift to us, they let us use their amazing, private roof top terrace for the day! It was honestly such a generous, thoughtful, caring gift. It is absolutely stunning!!

Overall we very much enjoyed our stay. We felt safe, comfortable and were happy with our decision. Definitely a trip we will fondly remember!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GLBRDR, Owner at Grand Laguna Beach, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you, Michele Z, for such a heart warming review.
We greatly enjoyed having you and were happy to lend you our roof top terrace for the day. We love having the newly engaged and honeymooners stay with us, and try our best to be as accommodating as possible. A new loves first vacation as a couple is an important thing and we want to make sure that everything about their stay with us is as promising as their future together. We hope to see you back for your anniversary, whether it is your first or fiftieth!

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I can't say enough about Grand Laguna Beach Resort ! The owners onsite are wonderful and always greet you with a smile - The rooms have everything you need to make it your own style of vacation - with state of the art appliances to cook gourmet meals or microwave something convenient its all there for you. Rooms are well decorated with flat screen TV with all the channels like you haven't left home :-) Great for the sports nut who doesn't want to miss that game while on vacation. Everything you need to enjoy adventure or dinning is truly 10-15 mins away by car, or you could walk to burn off the meals you will consume, some of the best foods are there to tempt your palate. What I enjoyed most !!!!!!!! I could bring my mini French bulldog... I didn't have to worry about leaving her in a kennel she was welcome here. They even provided me a dog crate to give my pooch the feeling of home.

I cant say enough of this resort - but I can say I am going back this month :-) I love Grand Laguna for giving me the ability to make the vacation I want to make - whether that's to sit in the sun all day or choose all the adventure I want :-)

Grand Laguna is truly first class

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GLBRDR, Owner at Grand Laguna Beach, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
What a great review Arlene C!
We are glad that you found your stay with us so appealing. It is great to hear that you appreciate the freedom of staying with us with the many varied recreational choices that are available. As you know, we really enjoyed having you here with Pepper! She was very cute and we cant wait to see you both return this month. We will have a cold drink and a dog biscuit waiting for you and Pepper!

Georgetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

What an amazing week we just had staying at the Grand Laguna Beach Resort. The rooms were super clean and very spacious. The pool was really refreshing and we loved the waterfall off the roof of the Grotto. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful whenever we need anything. The owners Terry and Tim introduced themselves at the beginning of the week and would always say good morning or greet you at all hours when they would see you. We even ordered in Chinese Food with the help of the manager Dragon, who is a charming person. We had house keeping come around with extra towels if needed and everyone was always smiling and making you feel like part of the big family that makes you feel welcome all the time. We will be going back and we can hardly wait to bring our families. If you get the chance to go visit make sure you ask for Oliver the taxi driver. He was really good at touring us around. This was the best birthday present my best friend and our husband could have ever asked for. See you soon Grand Laguna. It was really hard to get on that plane and come back to the cold.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We spent there 3 months

What to sey place is high luxury. They have all what you can imagine.

Manager Dragan is there to serve you for what ever you want.

I'm very satisfied with all and I will come back soon

There is mistake on trip advisor map location. On google maps is OK but on Trip advisor is wrong

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Laguna Beach? Share your experiences!