“Good restaurant-relationship quality' excellent price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Serenade Restaurant

Serenade Restaurant
Carretera Principal Cabarete | Hotel Villa Taina, Cabarete 0000, Dominican Republic
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 92 Restaurants in Cabarete
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Sosua, Dominican Republic
“Good restaurant-relationship quality' excellent price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Restaurant situated on the beach to few footsteps from the sea in an enchanting atmosphere. The style is of typical Caribbean. You is able' to access the restaurant from the principal entry of the hotel "Villa Taina" or directly in the beach of Cabarete (Dominican republic). We have eaten fish and meat accompanied by small sauces and delicious contours of vegetables and vegetables to the grate. Unbelievable the goodness' of the sweets, worthy of a tall confectionery. The personnel and the Chef available and kind you/they have contributed with taste and liking to make the pleasant evening. The relationship price-quality' exceptional! The restaurant is proper for everybody, young people and less young people, families and couples looking for romantic moments.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dominican Republic
“Awesome view with food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Going to serenade, not knowing what to expect, however leaving with a surprise. The service was great, me and my girlfriend were very well attended. I ate spaghetti carbonara and the sauce was excellent in my opinion. My girlfriend really enjoyed her food. This restaurant is really recommendable place to go, couldn't stop staring at the lovely beach-front view, nothing better than having our anniversary dinner on a tranquil environment such as this, especially being on the beach :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Massachusetts
“Long on pretension, short on attention”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was recommended to us by an Italian as being a special place. Boo, hiss, boring. We were the only guests there and the waiter flew by us in between talking on his cell phone. We eventually just began demanding stuff from other employees wandering by so we were able to get served. My fish was ordered flambe which I thought meant tableside. Not. Mashed potatoes were cold. I think the vegetables were frozen mushy like Swanson's out of the freezer chest. My husband's dorado was overcooked. I could not help but keep staring at the glass pendent lights overhead which were fuzzy with dirt and grease. Like staring at a stip of flypaper; you know you shouldn't look, but just can't help the morbid fascination. Husband says that the men's room had an inch of water on the floor. Dinner was about $50 for two including two cocktails and dessert. I normally would not mind this, but when there are so many fantastic hole-in-the-wall places; this craptastic place just should not be tolerated. We only ate there because they accept credit cards. But Mr. Cell-phone-chatty waiter demanded his tip in cash. Figures.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“No - thank you's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Chicken was pre made and dry.
Hard to get waiters attention.
No waiter checking back to the table
Had to ask several times for another beer.
I think there was a tax and a tip included on the bill
We were not sure so we gave +20% tip anyway.
Just took payment and walked away.
No thank you. No good buy

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Below par”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Considering this restaurant is in one of the better hotels in Cabarete, the standard is well below what it should be. Although the spaghetti bolognese I had for dinner was fairly good, the atmosphere was pretty bland. The restaurant itself is not directly on the beach.
I tried the buffet breakfast .... don't bother with this it is actually pretty dreadful in my opinion.
Not worth the money at all.

• Visited December 2012