“Stay away from spa” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Natura Cabana Boutique Hotel & SPA

You added Natura Cabana Boutique Hotel & SPA to your Saves list
Natura Cabana Boutique Hotel & SPA
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   Paseo del Sol #5, Perla Marina, Cabarete 57000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #3 of 23 Cabarete B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Stay away from spa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I chose to spend our honeymoon at Natura Cabana, which is a lovely place where we mostly enjoyed ourselves. I had forgotten a razor and decided to have my underarms waxed in the spa, which was part of the reason we chose to go there, as we thought indulging in a spa experience would be a nice addition to our week. I came out of the waxing appointment injured by someone who did not have waxing experience, with very little skin left under my right arm. She was obviously not trained for this procedure, and the manager came in to try and help. I'd like to stress that both women were kind, and while I did not pay for this or a massage, I have to say I'm really disappointed in the owner's decision making. She doesn't seem to care for the safety of her guests, and would force an untrained/uncertified employee to perform a procedure in order to have the appearance of a fully operating spa. Consequently, I couldn't be in the ocean without feeling an extreme degree of pain for the rest fo my honeymoon. They should definitely not be offering this service! It's not honest with the customer, and its not fair to the employee. Definitely changed my experience with the place and, sadly, it wasn't just any trip, it was my honeymoon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Naturacabana, Manager at Natura Cabana Boutique Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
At Natura Cabana, we strive to provide our guests with the best experience possible.
Our friendly and attentive service; delectable restaurants, wellness Spa and naturally beautiful, tranquil setting offer a unique and enjoyable vacation for travelers from all over the world.
We welcome you to join us, and enjoy all our facilities, along with our many return visitors, at Natura Cabanas in the Dominican Republic.
Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate all comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a week at Natura Cabana and we couldn't have asked for a nicer more relaxing place to stay. The grounds were beautiful and the service staff were friendly, helpful and professional. We like to do our own thing and we were able to do that here. We always had our questions asked and were always treated kindly when we did approach staff. We enjoyed both restaurants and selection of fresh food. Our favorite was the ceviche! So fresh, so delicious! We had it everyday for lunch! I love this place and the casual friendly vibe. We stayed in Coral Cabana and I think it is the best room I have ever stayed in, ever! Thank you Natura Cabana~ we will be back! We fell in love with you and your amazing country!

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I can only say WOW!! I wanted to get lost and I DID!!
My husband and I went there and love it! We even get a tour in several rooms, each of them where very different, and it was hard to choose the one we love the most.

Is very quiet, nature all around you, good food, great service, and you can even attend to yoga classes at the evenings!
We wilI definitly return!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I brought a group of 9 women here for a wellness/fitness retreat and Natura Cabana far surpassed my expectations. The setting is simply beautiful, each cabana is a unique treasure, and the food & staff were amazing. I will definitely be repeating this trip next year with more friends!

• Stayed April 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is one of those places you're reluctant to write about - because you want to keep it to yourself and not have it inundated with tourists! Having said that - I'm sharing my little paradise with you, hoping that it still won't get too discovered.

It's an intimate, cosy, quiet place with only 10 bungalows. We were there for a week - over March break - and it felt like we had the place practically to ourselves. The beach is gorgeous, very private, and offers lots of fun in the wild waves.

Dinners were unbelievable. The chef, Antonio, is world-class, and puts out some of the best food we've eaten anywhere. We only went out for dinner two nights; it was hard to give up his food.

It's a perfect place if you want to simply relax. The bungalows have fabulous porches for chilling. Take a book, put up your feet and enjoy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

What a find! This is a bohemian gringo’s idea of paradise. Stone bungalows with thatched roofs and endless creative, handcrafted details. Comfortable and clean. Kind people, good food, a private beach, yoga, massage. The pictures tell it all. The only thing that was rather odd was that the other guests weren’t very friendly. Maybe they were just incredibly relaxed and self-absorbed. We didn’t mind, but some interesting connections were probably missed. We enjoyed Cabrera, the nearby town, as well. I highly recommend this place and look forward to returning.

Ingaro, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I did a search on internet "spiritual places in the Caribbean". Natura Cabana came up and I knew immediately I have found what we were looking for on this vacation. First I want to tell what we was NOT looking for: all inclusive, party party, city life, shopping, lots of people. We wanted to get away, being near the nature, going for long walks on the beach, not feeling you are in the midst of the turist industry where you are supposed to consume wherever you go. We were looking for a special place with charm and caracter, and of course good and fresh food. We found it all at Natura Cabana. We stayed ten nights, in two different cabanas. Both were absolutely fantastic, the love and creativity that has been put down into every detail is fantastic. They name it boutique hotel but I will rather say it is an upper class B&B. We slept so good, almost like sleeping outdoor with the sounds of the waves always present and the fresh air because the cabanas are built very airy without glass windows. The breakfast included is fantastic, exactly what we wanted. Fresh fruits, cereals, bread, honey and any kind of eggs, made on demand. The dinner restaurant we thought first was a bit over priced, but we went into Cabarete (one hour nice walk) to have dinner and the restaurants in the same class had similar prices. You have to put 33 % on top of the prices in the menu because of taxes and service fees. We truly enjoyed all dishes we had except for the egg plant starter. None of us eats meat and we had much to choose from. The staff everywhere at Natura Cabana were fabulous, so nice. Don't miss the Yoga classes with the fantastic teacher Kieran Barry. They have a Yoga Temple very near the ocean and you can go to two yoga classes per day if you want. The price is 20 dollar, a good investment for body and soul. If one of you are already doing yoga you can bring your partner, you will both enjoy. There were experienced Yogis together with beginners on the mats. Everyone taken care of in the best ways. So, if you are looking for a spiritual place and would like to come away from the hectic bar life, go for Natura Cabana.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Natura Cabana Boutique Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!