“Best kiteboarding school in Cabarete” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding (LEK)

Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding (LEK)
Millennium Resort and Spa, Cabarete, Dominican Republic
809-571-0564
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 43 Activities in Cabarete
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding (LEK) has been providing high quality kiteboarding lessons in gorgeous Cabarete Bay since 2003. Founded by American professional kiteboarder Laurel Eastman, the LEK flagship school in Cabarete teaches kiteboarding in a safe manner with a big emphasis on fun! A fully accredited IKO (International Kiteboarding Organization) center, all of LEK's qualified and multi-lingual instructors are highly trained experts and ready to share their passion for kiteboarding with the guests visiting Cabarete. Visit LEK inside the gorgeous Millennium Resort and Spa, located on Cabarete Beach, and experience for yourself the LEK style of service.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
“Best kiteboarding school in Cabarete”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

LEK is hands down the best kiteboarding school on Cabarete beach. LEK students become independent kiteboarders quickly and safely, and advanced students take their skills to an entirely new level. Whether you want to pick up the fundamentals of kiteboarding, refine your kiteboarding performance, or learn some cool new tricks, LEK has the kiteboarding lesson for you.

LEK is also a socially responsible business that goes above and beyond to give back to the local community of Cabarete. Laurel is very passionate about education, the environment and empowering young women and girls.

The LEK staff is warm, friendly and fun. Truly great people and a great atmosphere!

Palm Beach, Florida
“very professional school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

i have taken lessons for snowboarding, windsurfing and other sports. i am familiar with good teachers and lek has them. they are patient and are able to answer any questions.
i was impressed with their concers for safety in and out of the water. i am 57 years old, and dont want to get injured.
they also have knowledge about the equipment, always keeping in mind the level of the student.

Dominican Republic
“A Super Kiteboarding Experience AND more.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Yippee.... Thanks to the support and professionalism of LEK I am up and riding, awesome! Though that is not all! I have also been drawn into the positive and fun community of people at LEK...

When my lessons began I was thinking I would just be going through the learner motions and patiently wait for the much anticipated stage of riding. Much to my delight, I thoroughly enjoyed (with my enthusiastic and professional instructor) all the milestones that a beginner needs to conquer. LEK made the journey just as awesome as the destination. Something I was particularly stoked about was LEK’s attention to safety. This has made me feel more confident than I ever imagined I would when it comes to navigating some of those tricky situations!

Then there is the LEK staff, guests, and other students! In between lessons I made amazing friends with lovely people from all over the world and became immersed in the fantastic social scene LEK offers and the community projects they support. These projects aim to benefit the local Dominican and Haitian people.

If you are looking for a great kite experience and a fun and rewarding Cabarete experience visit LEK.

Boulder, CO
“Look no further than LEK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

This is our second trip to Cabarete, and if you want to learn to kiteboard, or already know how, and just want a place to base yourself, LEK is by far the best school in Cabarete. Their instructors are outstanding, safe, and professional. We've brought several friends to LEK to learn kiteboarding and within three days they were already riding on the board -- an amazing feat, to be sure. Even if you are not taking lessons, the instructors are always glad to help out with tips and suggestions. During his break, one instructor (Frances) actually went out on his kite to demonstrate several tricks for me that I was trying to learn (kiteloop, backroll w/tip grab), no charge. As for a launch spot, Bozo Beach, where LEK is located, has massive, wide, white-sand with no obstacles. Don't be lured to Kitebeach, which is very narrow, with rocks, and jammed with kites to the point where lines gets crossed regularly (very dangerous). LEK also has lockers right on the beach, so no schlepping gear to and from your hotel. LEK is the place for all things kiting in Cabarete.

Cabarete
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

My first experience of LEK was awesome, and it's just gotten better since then.

I was planning a trip to Cabarete for Kitesurfing and stumbled upon LEK on Facebook. I had lots of questions about Cabarete, wind, kite sizes, board availability etc... Soooo, I decided to type them a message. Well, lo an behold, Laurel herself mailed me back and answered ALL my questions. The next week, she actually called me to make sure I had all my questions answered.

Long story short, LEK give great the best customer service of any school in Cabarete - period.

Laurel has a way of attracting cool people to her school, so I hang around there every day now and the LEK staff have become like family.

Other cool things about LEK:
* Fastest free internet on the island
* Friendly instructors all of whom are IKO certified
* Easy launching
* Super fast kite repair (I got my kite back 24 hours after I blew up the leading edge)

One downside is that LEK does not sell food (yet). I often find myself coming in from a kite session starving and then have to walk 5 minutes to a restaurant and sit down, when all I really want is a sandwich to shove in my mouth and get back on the water. Now, I bring my own food with me...

If you're looking for a great kite school in Cabarete with great instructors and VERY friendly staff, look no further than LEK.

Oh, one last thing... If you're coming to Cabarete alone or as a single woman, there are so many cool people that hang around LEK, you'll make friends on day one and be partying with them the same night... Useful if you travel alone, as I often do.