“Would recommend it; would love to return!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barefoot Beach Pad

You added Barefoot Beach Pad to your Saves list
Barefoot Beach Pad
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1 la rinconada, Cabarete 10000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #5 of 20 Cabarete B&B and Inns
USA
“Would recommend it; would love to return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

I traveled in March to Puerto Plata and chose this hotel because of the great reviews and because it was near to the area of Caberete but not right on top of the city. I loved the tranquility of the location. Walking into town via the beach (about 30 minutes) was relaxing and I did this several times without any problems. The area has a great breeze off the ocean, so the walk is not oppressively hot.

The hotel has nice rooms; some with full kitchens. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I would only ask for a luggage rack/stand so as to not have to place my luggage on the floor (it's so much easier not having to bend down to get all you need out of your suitcase!). The bathroom was huge and the water in the shower was immediately hot and with good pressure. Because of the breeze there were little to no bugs (I saw none) and it was great to have the room windows open all night and listen to the big waves crashing against the shore. All the rooms had balconies; many with a direct ocean view.
The pool area was spacious enough for the number of guests and perfect for a cool off after a nice day in the sun.

Hector , the manager, was nothing short of gracious. Upon my (unexpected) late arrival, he phoned to welcome me and made sure I was taken care of by Andre (grounds keeper and cook) before turning in for the night. I don't speak any Spanish, but this really wasn't a problem because Hector readily translated what I needed to Andre. In the short time I stayed at this hotel, I felt like I met some really great people (Hector, Andre, Andrea) who I wouldn't hesitate to invite into my home.

Because the hotel is small, all the guests tend to talk to each other, which is really nice; it gives it a bit of a family feeling.

There is a small eating area with a bar where guests can have their meals or a cold beer anytime of the day. Other drinks are served as well and coffee is free all day.
The hotel grill/outside mini restaurant menu is adequate and if you don't see something you would like on the menu, just ask and they will work hard to accomodate you.

There are lots more things I could say about Barefoot Beach Pad, but the bottom line is if you are looking for a quiet retreat with your own private beach and a room the size of an apartment, look no further as you will find it at Barefoot Beach Pad.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Every review was accurate. Hector is wonderful. 30 minute walk to Cabarete along the beach. My daughter and I enjoyed the breakfast at the breakfast bar right next to the beach. We enjoyed the free internet from our balcony overlooking the beautiful pool. We also enjoyed talking to the other hotel guests who were introduced to us by name at breakfast. Perfect stay.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Best things about the hotel: All balconies have great breezy view of the grounds and ocean beyond. Small staff of three (owner, operations guy and wife housekeeper) are friendly, down to earth and helpful. Even mended a broken travel bag for me. It is 3 km from town, but that is what I liked about it - I could have all the fun I wanted in town, then escape to a peaceful room away from the street noise. The kitchenette meant that breakfast and lunches were more affordable. I could cook dinner there too (and did once) but there are lots of good restaurants in town.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

If you are looking for a relaxing beach vacation in the Dominican Republic this is a wonderful place to start. My husband and I just returned from Barefoot where we spent a week, we are already planning our return and have recommended it to our family and friends. Hector, Andre and Andrea have done a fantastic job of ensuring that everyone and everything is taken care of. A helpful, friendly manager-done! delicious food -done! spotless rooms and grounds-done! It was perfect for us - thank you to everyone at Barefoot Beach Pad for making our stay sooo enjoyable, we will be back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
long island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

my husband and i just returned from our second visit to the barefoot beach pad. there isn't enough room here to describe how much we enjoyed our stay. the room was perfect....a huge studio with a full kitchen, a new bed, beautiful tilework everywhere and the ocean just steps away. we were forunate enough to meet the owners, who had a vision about creating a home away from home for their guests. in every possible way, they have accomplished the task. the manager, hector, has a great gift of knowing exactly how to welcome and care for everyone. he introduces people (there are only ten rooms) and fosters this wonderful sense of comraderie without pushing people together. andres and andrea are a lovely couple who live on the grounds and take care of everything physical. there is a beach/bar restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks and snacks. the coffee pot is filled all day and andres is a wonderful cook.
you could conceivably never leave the grounds, but cabarete is so much fun to explore.
there is simply nothing negative to write about....if you crave tranquility, beauty, comfort, care and privacy, the barefoot beach pad is exactly what you need.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

We had an absolutely amazing stay, couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. The only negative part was the distance from town. At night I would worry a bit about our safety traveling back and forth. Other than that it was perfect.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Bronx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

My family and I recently returned from a short stay at Barefoot. We had read all the reviews and were looking forward to having the same experience; we were not disappointed. This is a small property found at the very entrance of Cabarete; it is cozy which gives it a feel of being in your own private Villa (at the time we visited it was pretty much ours to have) The hotel is managed by Hector and maintained by the lovely Andres and Andrea. We cannot complaint about anything, as whatever we needed was either provided or easily attainable. We had a rental car, so it was easy to go back and forth to the center of town for groceries or miscellaneous. Some Pros and Cons:
The hotel is at the entrance of town, which is ideal for those seeking solitude. However I don't know how reliable public transport is or how available Hector would be to schlep people back and forth places.
Beach and Pool - Low but rough waters not for non-swimers. Windy in the afternoon, great to fly kites. Pool is constantly cleaned by Andres and great to relax.
Rooms - Comfortable and spacious. Beds could be a bit more confy and could certainly use some blackout curtains.
Food - We bought groceries and prepared breakfast and lunch everyday (cheaper and healthier than eating out). Andres would be happy to make breakfast though and always had a cup of coffee ready for my mom. There are some pretty good places in town and there is a restaurant within walking distance through beach.

We look forward to going back to Beachpad and can't wait to share this beautiful place with our friends and family. Hasta la proxima!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Barefoot Beach Pad? Share your experiences!