After 10 hours driving to Tuxtla, Gutierrez, all we wanted was to take a shower and sleep. Very disappointed. Shower delivered steaming hot and ice cold water unexpectedly. Room was OK, however it only offered one wastebasket. Holiday Inn's policy to save the Earth by not changing towels everyday, didn't work. We left our towels hanging in the bathroom as suggested and we got fresh towels every day. We ended up with 6 towels for 2 people. The hotel ran out of ice in each and every food and beverage location offered in the premises. Servers said the ice machines had not been working for a while, reason why they were constantly buying ice bags across the street. Porter at the motor lobby needs greeting training. He never acknowledged us driving in. Awful location due to the 24 hour traffic rush street. Main roads to tourist attractions were under repair or reconstruction. Construction dust covered the whole city. Look for another hotel where to stay if considering the area as a possible vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Place of Magic, Natural Adventure and beauties. Chiapas offers an enormous variety of Beauties, Climates and CulturesTuxtla Gutierrez is the entrance to know the Culture Maya...Tuxtla GutiÃ©rrez invites to know the different attractive tourist natural as the CaÃ±on del Sumidero, Chiapa de Corzo, Garden Botanical, Zoo, Regional museum and the Cathedral of San Marcos among many points. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Tuxtla Gutierrez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tuxtla Gutierrez Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico - Chiapas