“Good quality hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cagayan de Oro
Manila, Philippines
“Good quality hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

N Hotel is a new, clean and fresh hotel.

Staff were all very friendly, helpful and courteous, always happy to help with any questions (including calling/arranging taxis, assisting you in communicating with the driver etc).

Rooms are very nice, very comfy bed, good mini bar (incl complimentary water), nice bathroom, plenty of channels on the sat tv, internet (via a cable) in the room, and a small balcony overlooking the pool.

Whilst the breakfast buffet was ok, as a westerner with western tastes (certainly at breakfast time!) the options were very limited (scrambled egg and average bacon) and had I stayed any longer than 3 nights I'm quite sure I'd have given it a miss. Having said that I thought the general menu to be fairly limited, though I should add that the food I did sample from the menu was good, no complaints (they did have a great wine selection, though pricey!)

The pool is beautiful, great for either swimming or lounging around in. My only issue being the amount of children who filled it each evening I was there. I don't know for sure, but I believe its open to the public (for a price) and it seems that a lot of local families bring their children to the pool after school, which whilst great for the kids, isn't so appealing to the guests.

They have a good gym with new equipment, free of charge to guests.

The only real negative to the hotel for me was its position, there's nowhere nearby (on foot), and as such taxis were necessary to go anywhere (downtown for no more than P100 ($2.50)).

I believe the hotel prices (currently reasonable) will be going up Jan 1st, which may result in my reviewing other options when I return, certainly those nearer downtown thereby giving you plenty of options a walk away from the hotel (such as the many restaurants on/in Limketkai Drive).

All in all however I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a clean, professionally run, and friendly establishment. Only the real fussy amongst you would find anything to complain about.

Room Tip: Difficult to say having only stayed once, but pool facing was noisy during the day (pool was a child...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Drammen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I only had two short stay at this hotel. The crew is very nice and helpful. It is a smaller hotel and a quiet place. My stay was with my fiance and our daughter. She loved the bathroom and the bathtub in the suite, also had a enjoying time by the pool. The brekfast is nice and the service at the restaurant is nice. Typical filipine food served but also for a foreigner will find some delicious food at this place. It's not a hotel for a low budget travellers but i can recomand it because of the service and the lovely crew.

Room Tip: Just two short stay at this hotel. The crew are very nice as they are in most common places. I rente...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bacoor, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

New hotel in a good area of Cagayan de Oro. Not much shopping, dining areas close by, but close enough to where the action is. It's a good 100 PHP taxi ride to Limketkai.

Rooms are clean and new, bathroom has a lot of space. The beds were spotless.

Staff are nice, especially the security personnel at the lobby. They were courteous and helpful in getting taxis. They helped us explain to the driver where we needed to go.

Overall, a good hotel. Not uptight, pretty relaxed and cozy atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Balibago, Angeles, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed there for almost 2 weeks for a vacation and visit my family. Everything was good, the rooms, amenities & services, the only problem my boyfriend and I had during our stay was the neighborhood guys were burning every night and the smoke goes around, we can't stay at the room porch to enjoy the night air and go in through the A/C which Im sure the cause of our cough and allergy... and also silence is an issue.

Well it's not the fault of the hotel.

But everything was good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I booked via Agoda and stayed at N Hotel for two nights. It's not bad at all considering the price (roughly P 3,100 a night including tax). The room is spacious and so is the in-room toilet and bath. Bathroom fixtures are just average but it was very clean. Only down side is that we were given a room facing the perimeter wall and we can see some clutter near the edge of the wall.

The staff was very helpful in arranging our white water rafting activity (via Bugsay). They also helped us arrange for transport to go around the city and to get back to the airport.

Malaybalay City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here overnight last august, heard great news about this hotel & i want to experience first hand what they're raving about. Arrived at 2 pm and we are checked in at superior room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed, just perfect for the 3 of us, my hubby and my daughter. Oh how i wanted to have the room with balcony overlooking the pool area but i think that is for the more higher rates room. Better luck next time. The room is spanking new with clean linens, nice marble tiled bathroom. Flat tv with ref, coffeemaker, complimentary bottled water. Very nice room! My daughter & my nephews & niece had a grand time swimming in the pool. Buffet breakfast is good although only limited choices but still worth the value of your money. Definitely ill recommend this hotel to my friends here and abroad. Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Choose a room with balcony overlooking the pool area. The view is great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Iligan, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The following is worth points while staying in the hotel:
*peaceful
*staff are courteous
*it is clean
*facilities are extremely good
*I like the fish fillet but I wish you serve fruits every meal
*the space of the hotel is enough to accommodate guests to stay cool
*points mentioned above worth for recommendation
*BE BACK SOON

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to N Hotel? Share your experiences!