“trademark food of cdo” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Missy Bon Bon Breadshop

Missy Bon Bon Breadshop
Rosario Drive | Limketkai Mall, level 2, Robinsons, Cagayan de Oro, Mindanao, Philippines
+63.88.8566852
Dining options: Breakfast
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“trademark food of cdo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

It is undeniably true that Pastel in Cagayan de Oro City is very popular and I have witnessed it when I went to travel in this place during Holy week. The main store is packed with customers so you have to fall in line. Yema flavor is my favorite. The combination of bread and the fillings is balanced. My grandmother who isn't very fond of sweets even liked it. It is good to bring some of it back home as "pasalubong" (simple gifts).

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Manila, Philippines
“Yummy pastel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Pastel is one of the "must-buys" from Cagayan de Oro and I was glad that I decided to forego the standard pastel brand (that everyone buys from CDO) and opted for Missy Bon Bon which had the cutest packaging. The bread was soft and the custard inside, while sweet, was not cloying. Even after having refrigerated the pastel, a brief microwave blast will yield soft, fluffy buns that make you want more.

The only downside is that the billboard advertisement I saw on the road indicated that each box is Php60.00, but when I visited their shop at the newly-opened Ayala Mall, a box of pastel was Php70.00.

Visited May 2013
quezon city
“Very frustrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I went to buy pastel for pasalubong at their kiosk in Robinsons mall. Of course the first thing I asked was the expiration date of the boxes because I planned to buy 7 boxes to give to friends. The male staff handed me a box and I looked at the date. May 21 it said. Soo I said yes! Ok I'll buy 7 boxes. Because I was still planning to stay a few more days that's why I needed it to have a long expiry date. When I went back to the hotel I checked it again and loo and behold it was all April 18. Now.. I wasn't quite sure who was the ditz here was it me for not checking it all and I was supremely confident with their words or they deliberately gave me these boxes.. Soo I'm stuck with these 7 boxes.. I should end this review and just start eating the damn things already..before it gets spoiled..

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tarlac,Philippines
“Missy Bon Bon yummy gelato!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Missy Bon Bon has a great ambiance, coming from a local province in CDO...I am quite impressed.its very promising....food is delicious especially Gelato!!!!what more can you ask more...Gelato is the best dessert to end a meal!i ordered roasted almonds combined with sans rival gelato!i also enjoyed the kani salad....I highly recommend its a "must visit place/restaurant in CDO".

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam
“A nice stop for lunch in Cagayan de Oro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

It was my lunchtime and i chose this cozy restaurant/bread shop. To me they can serve complete meal with a mouth watering Gelato as a dessert. Juices are freshly squeezed, and they have variety of salad.

My meal was satisfying. In the end i bought some special bread as "pasalubong"

• Visited February 2013