“place okay, but I will not call it amazing” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas
Attraction Details
denmark
“place okay, but I will not call it amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I can see most people here give 5 stars, its lack of maintenance. we did some horseback riding, it was good and cheap. zipline good too, but can be dangerous if you are too heavy, and I am only 90 kilos.

Visited January 2013

5 attraction reviews
“If you are going to CDO, you MUST go to Mapawa.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I will definitely go back!
If you come in a small group of two (like me) each of you will ride a horse going to the waterfall trails. If you will come in larger group, they have a special ride for you.
You will get to experience sliding on a waterfall, rapelling on a mini-waterfall, cliff jumping, and rapelling on anither waterfall. (See photos attached).
It is quite cheaper to go in a big group, but even if you go alone and pay the price for the whole trail, I am telling you, the experience is worth it. The package also includes lunch (mine was rice abd chicken adobo) which you will surely finish quickly because you will get tired after going through the waterfall trail.
Go ahead, challenge yourself, go to Mapawa.

Manila
“We had so much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My friend and I really enjoyed the zip line here and the mini waterfall. The staff (especially the zip line guys) were really nice and helpful.

Visited March 2012
Pasay City
4 attraction reviews
“Superb Adventure - Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I liked everything about Mapawa. I liked the kind of adventure they provide their guests. Our group took their river trek package. We used a waterfall as a slide, we jumped off at the edge of a 25-foot waterfall and rappel ourselves down the 65-foot waterfall. The experience is superb simply put.

The people here are also very nice and accommodating. Our guide was funny and gave tips on how to overcome our fears in doing all the challenges. Not to mention, that he also took pictures for us the whole time although he's not really required to do so.

This is one hell of an adventure you don't want to miss. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2012
San Jose, CA
“You don't need a taxi, just hop on the motobike guys along the road”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

FYI, there is no public transportation in the area. You will need to rent a vehicle, hire an expensive taxi, or hitch a ride from a motorcycle waiting along the highway. Motorcycle rates are a fraction of what a taxi would cost. There's about a handful of these guys parked in a shed right in front of the entrance to the park. These guys go up & down the hill every minute all throughout the day. Just grab your backpack, hop on and hold on to dear life!

Transportation back/down the hill is pretty much the same. If you hired a taxi, it might be expensive because he has to wait the whole day for you. Once your tour is over, there usually are a couple motorcycle guys that drive customers down the hill. Also during heavy rain, many taxis will refuse to go up there because of muddy conditions. Plan accordingly!

Visited December 2011